oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought it was said at the time that the deal for JLS was a loan but that it would be turned into a permanent deal pretty much whatever happened?

This is what the gazette put at the time:

“reports from France suggest that Boro looks set to win the race to land Siliki, with a loan agreement involving a 'quasi-obligation' to buy him next summer.

RMC Sport claim, subject to particular conditions being matched, Boro would be obligated to buy Siliki next summer for a fee of €2.5m.”

There was another report which I can’t find which claimed the obligations were stupidly easily to hit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

“reports from France suggest that Boro looks set to win the race to land Siliki, with a loan agreement involving a 'quasi-obligation' to buy him next summer.

RMC Sport claim, subject to particular conditions being matched, Boro would be obligated to buy Siliki next summer for a fee of €2.5m.”

There was another report which I can’t find which claimed the obligations were stupidly easily to hit.

Yeah that's what I remembered.  Maybe that's why we don't play him at all.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Someone posted a couple of weeks ago saying it sounded like he wasn't going back to Australia. Didn't make much sense at the time since i'd never heard of him, but it was definitely mentioned on OneBoro.

America. His parent club is Charlotte FC, a newly formed team added via expansion to the MLS who haven't even played in it yet due to the pandemic, though they're due to feature in the 2022/23 season which starts in February.

I still find it crazy that anyone with enough money can create a football team in America and then just buy their way into the top division.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Only easy to hit if he is actually playing. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the loan terminated if we get someone else in. Or we could see him come into the team and thrive but haven’t seen anything from him in a boro shirt so far to suggest this will happen 

• Like 1

he does seem a very energetic type of playerthat probs would suit our team but he hasnt been fully fit or swanning off to international games are not helping his cause.dont think we will have the option to send him back either

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Only easy to hit if he is actually playing. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the loan terminated if we get someone else in. Or we could see him come into the team and thrive but haven’t seen anything from him in a boro shirt so far to suggest this will happen 

He hasn't even been playing in the u23s has he, he's literally been sat on our bench nearly the entire time he's been here.

1 hour ago, Riverside94 said:

Only easy to hit if he is actually playing.

I do wonder if we realise we have signed a donkey and are making sure we don’t come close to meeting obligations.

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He hasn't even been playing in the u23s has he, he's literally been sat on our bench nearly the entire time he's been here.

It’s bizarre especially as when he has played he hasn’t looked like a footballer. His touch and decision making even on simple passes has been awful. 

Whether that’s fitness related, motivation or just ability I don’t know. If it’s fitness you would hope he would be doing all he can to get up to speed.

He has played at champions league level so should be a capable player. But then why did they let him leave on loan?

maybe just doesn’t suit the league who knows… we may never get to find out.

worse loan signing then Folan ? 😂

Edited by Riverside94
Spelling
1 hour ago, boronutter said:

i really think this is all made up info regarding mcgree,time will tell i suppose,but im not expecting him anytime soon🤣🤣

Is it because he hasn't signed in a day since the window opened or?

I don't think the international breaks have helped JLS.  

He also doesn't seem to have got up to the fitness levels we would need (but difficult without games).  

Manager reluctant to change Howson Crooks etc.  Same for Payero

Also - he hasn't looked wonderful when coming on.

Strange for me that he hasn't been playing for 23's though

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I don't think the international breaks have helped JLS.  

He also doesn't seem to have got up to the fitness levels we would need (but difficult without games).  

Manager reluctant to change Howson Crooks etc.  Same for Payero

Also - he hasn't looked wonderful when coming on.

Strange for me that he hasn't been playing for 23's though

Would the 23’s count towards game played target to trigger the permanent deal? 

26 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Would the 23’s count towards game played target to trigger the permanent deal? 

If so that might well be the reason - he might also think he's too good for it!!

• Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic