oneBoro Forum

The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lumley?

The one and only time I'll be itk- Lad fell out with Gardner and bowyer after they got him to sign a new deal with the promise of first team opportunity and they never followed through.  Giv

Thing that’s *** me off with this Tav talk is the disrespect from our fans on social media and forums, more so social media but I have seen comments today like ‘ I will drive him there’ in regards to

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Payero said:

Heard one of our 'big' players if off this window. Think it might be Tav. 

We need to pay for sporar somehow 

We wouldn't be buying Sporar this window though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Payero said:

I really don’t want to sell Tav in order to pay for Sporar. At least not now. I’d want to see a lot more from Sporar to justify a 7mil fee and big wages. 

4 minutes ago, Payero said:

It does feel like some of our transfer targets are being pursued as replacements for Tav. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Payero said:

Apparently the deal for sporar is tiered on how many goals he scores. 15 goals and 8.5m euros. The less he scores the less we pay.

Isn’t it promotion and 15 goals?

2 minutes ago, Payero said:

Goals goals goals my friend. If we are promoted I don't think we will buy him.

Really thought it was mentioned as promotion and goals. Seems a bit of a stupid deal for us if it wasn’t. 7.5 million is a lot in the championship

12 minutes ago, FinallyRegistered said:

Would make sense to look at McGree/O’Riley/McGrath as that left footed central midfielder if Tav’s off

I suppose if you are getting 8-10 million for Tavernier and replacing him with one of the above for 2-3 then that looks pretty shrewd business to me.

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Really thought it was mentioned as promotion and goals. Seems a bit of a stupid deal for us if it wasn’t. 7.5 million is a lot in the championship

It was.

There are two versions.

Most said it was 15 goals and promotion, the odd article had it as 15 goals or promotion.

36 minutes ago, Payero said:

13 minutes ago, Payero said:

I was told it was tiered and it was how many goals he scored. Its not an obligation to buy either.

So we don't need to pay for him then.

• Like 4

In fact, if his fee was tiered in terms of how many goals he's scored, then why would they sell him to us now rather than at the end of the season when he's scored more goals?

And if we aren't likely to buy him if we get promoted, which goes against the terms of the deal that were leaked, why would we buy him halfway through a season, when we might not want him at the end of the season?

If we sell a player now it's because we want to sell that player for footballing or financial reasons.  I doubt it's to pay for a player we already have playing for us.

• Like 8

Wilder said we had a couple outgoings sorted already. Might the second be delayed if the player was one that got COVID. Would put it back 7-10 days for medical.

maybe same for incoming, maybe a couple of days if we closed hurwoth etc..

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to The January Transfer Window thread 2022 - That's all folks!
  • Downsouth locked this topic