• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

Love the photoshop. Tav really suits the fur coat!

Questions:

1. Are you Warnock in, or would you prefer him gone?

I'll back him to the end of the season as we know he's going then anyway. This will be made a lot easier if we avoid the terrible patches of form we've had at points this year.

2.  Looking at the impact our new signings have had recently, just how good was our summer window?

Pretty good I thought at the time. Still do.

3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? (Fry, Bola, Dijksteel, Hall, Browne) [Not bothering with Ameobi or Fisher as they aren’t real]

Fry in defence (probably have to play a back 3 with mcnair and bamba as neither deserve to be dropped. Bola too. 

4. What’s the best thing to come from Birmingham?

This little legend

newFile-1.thumb.jpg.5554451a7e84ac4917e518f49098f8ee.jpg

5. Is Šporar the best striker we've had since Bamford?

Yes. Not exactly a high bar though is it?!

6. Starting 11 and formation?

Same as last game. 

• Like 1

we could do worse and given gibsons form most likely may do but i personally would like to see a new style and aproach ,so its a thumbs down from me.

2.  Looking at the impact our new signings have had recently, just how good was our summer window?

iwas relatively happy given how worried i was that we,d be shopping in the knackers yard sooverall im convinced we improved on what we had.

3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? (Fry, Bola, Dijksteel, Hall, Browne) [Not bothering with Ameobi or Fisher as they aren’t real]

bola, and fry in the 11 dijksteel would strenghthen the bench .having said that i think bamba and paddy have been very good in central defence.

cadburys, , road home.

i like him but i wont go overboard with praise just yet.

whats the saying.....if it aint broke........

Growing up watching these games I always ahd the impression Birmingham were an ugly team to play against, certainly were in cup matches when we faced em 

We've done the double over Birmingham 6 times, 1907-08, 1974-75, 1978-79, 2005-06, 2017-18 & 2018-19

This will be our 62nd fixture on Teesside between the two teams with the following record

Won 27

Drew 20

Lost 14

Goals scored - 83

Goals against – 60

A few  players who have represented both team

Bruce Rioch who managed the Boro so successfully had short loan playing spell at Birmingham playing 3 games in 1978, that must have went down well been an ex Villa player

Colin Todd another one of the Rioch dream team played for Birmingham between 1979 -1982

Terry Cooper played for the Boro between 1975 - 78 & managed Birmingham 1991 - 1993

Brian 'Taffy' Orritt played for Birmingham between 1956-62 then came to the Boro in 1962 becoming our 1st ever substitute

George Smith played 82 games for the Boro between 1968-71, signed for Birmigham in 1971

Steve Vickers played for the Boro between 1993 - 2001, Boro loaned Steve to Birmingham in 2001 who then after 5 games made the move permanent till 2003 

George Friend seemed forever at the Boro, between 2012 - 2020 George who was signed by Mogga played 299 games, scoring 10 goals, a fantastic servant

Adam Clayton, between 2014 - 2020 played 241 games, scoring one goal 

Did you know

Billy Ashcroft made a goal scoring home debut against Birmingham, we lost 2-1, Billy also had a goal disallowed

The same game Billy made his home debut was, sadly, the 1st game that Willie Maddren was to miss & never play another 1st team game for the Boro

When Birmingham were previously known as Small Haeth they were our 1st ever football league opponents on Teesside when we played at Linthorpe road ground, prior to Ayresome Park, on that particular day, 9th September 1899, we lost 3-1, with Michael Murphy credited with scoring our 1st ever 'home' league goal

Xmas day 1905 at Ayresome park was the 1st time we played against them when they changed their name from Smal Heath to Birmingham, with Alf Common scoring the only goal of the game

We’ve never beaten Birmingham in a cup match, nor had a player score a hattrick past em, 1st one on Saturday 

Love the bloke, always wanted him to manage the Boro

Slowly starting to make an impact, give this side of xmas to form a true opinion, but signs are very good

3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? 

None, stick with the team thats won 3 on the bounce

Presently, I would say George Friend when he plays on saturday 

He's looking excellent with each game, a big yes from me 

Stick with the same team

Lumley

Howson McNair Bamba Peltier

Tav Payero Crooks Jones

Uche Šporar

UTMB 

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 5
40 minutes ago, Erimus74 said:

Growing up watching these games I always ahd the impression Birmingham were an ugly team to play against, certainly were in cup matches when we faced em 

We've done the double over Birmingham 6 times, 1907-08, 1974-75, 1978-79, 2005-06, 2017-18 & 2018-19

This will be our 62nd fixture on Teesside between the two teams with the following record

Won 27

Drew 20

Lost 14

Goals scored - 83

Goals against – 60

Bruce Rioch who managed the Boro so successfully had short loan playing spell at Birmingham playing 3 games in 1978, that must have went down well been an ex Villa player

Colin Todd another one of the Rioch dream team played for Birmingham between 1979 -1982

Terry Cooper played for the Boro between 1975 - 78 & managed Birmingham 1991 - 1993

Brian 'Taffy' Orritt played for Birmingham between 1956-62 then came to the Boro in 1962 becoming our 1st ever substitute

George Smith played 82 games for the Boro between 1968-71, signed for Birmigham in 1971

Steve Vickers played for the Boro between 1993 - 2001, Boro loaned Steve to Birmingham in 2001 who then after 5 games made the move permanent till 2003 

George Friend seemed forever at the Boro, between 2012 - 2020 George who was signed by Mogga played 299 games, scoring 10 goals, a fantastic servant

Did you know

Billy Ashcroft made a goal scoring home debut against Birmingham, we lost 2-1, Billy also had a goal disallowed

The same game Billy made his home debut was, sadly, the 1st game that Willie Maddren was to miss & never play another 1st team game for the Boro

When Birmingham were previously known as Small Haeth they were our 1st ever football league opponents on Teesside when we played at Linthorpe road ground, prior to Ayresome Park, on that particular day, 9th September 1899, we lost 3-1, with Michael Murphy credited with scoring our 1st ever 'home' league goal

Xmas day 1905 at Ayresome park was the 1st time we played against them when they changed their name from Smal Heath to Birmingham, with Alf Common scoring the only goal of the game

We’ve never beaten Birmingham in a cup match, nor had a player score a hattrick past em, 1st one on Saturday 

Slowly starting to make an impact, give this side of xmas to form a true opinion, but signs are very good

3. Which of the current injured players would you put straight back in the team when fit? 

Stick with the same team

Lumley

Tav Payero Crooks Jones

Watmore Šporar

UTMB 

Where's Uche?

My answers are the same as @TeaCider24.

Out the 4 injured players I would want Bola back first as its without him the team lacks balance and a natural left footer.

Same team as v Cardiff for me too. If we struggle to contain they likely 3.4.3 like we did in first 10 mins v Barnsley then we could also go 3.4.3 but with same personnel. Stick Peltier in back 3 and Howson and Onel as wing backs.

Will in most likelyhood be making my first trip to Middlesbrough in quite sometime with my lad and Teddy and will possibly be bringing another grandson for his first footballing experience, if only it was not such a long journey!

Part of me feels that we will not get what we are hoping for but their away record is poor and normally a trip to Teesside stops opponents current woes but I want to be there if things turn out differently!

Be good to give Friend the tribute he deserves so hopefully he will do a Bamba as we witnessed last week after the game!

So if anyone wants a catch up then come over to the 6 Medals and say hello, hoping to be there about 1300hrs ish.

Will confirm in the morning as to my intentions, the weather might play a factor in my final decision.

But it will be good to be back in Boro!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Will in most likelyhood be making my first trip to Middlesbrough in quite sometime with my lad and Teddy and will possibly be bringing another grandson for his first footballing experience, if only it was not such a long journey!

Part of me feels that we will not get what we are hoping for but their away record is poor and normally a trip to Teesside stops opponents current woes but I want to be there if things turn out differently!

Be good to give Friend the tribute he deserves so hopefully he will do a Bamba as we witnessed last week after the game!

So if anyone wants a catch up then come over to the 6 Medals and say hello, hoping to be there about 1300hrs ish.

Will confirm in the morning as to my intentions, the weather might play a factor in my final decision.

But it will be good to be back in Boro!

Have they changed the name of the pub Alan? 😃 It was the 6 Medals last time I was over 🤣

Stick with him or we will have a rinse and repeat of ‘not his players’ ‘give him time’ and with no guarantee the next guy is any better. 

I think people will be kinder to Warnock in retrospect when we look at the job he’s done in unprecedented circumstances.

still to early to say for me especially for Sporar and Payero. There’s a few shoots of optermism but at the moment it looks like a normal window.

None. They weren’t playing at such a level before they were injured that demands their return. I said it previously they need to stay fit and find form. The chopping and changing every few week because of injury doesn’t do us any good.

Not sure. I think Britt was underrated by many fans. There’s more to Sporar’s game but will he match Britt’s goal return?

if fit keep the same

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Erimus74 said:

Won 27

Drew 20

Lost 14

Goals scored - 83

Goals against – 60

Did you know

Stick with the same team

Lumley

Tav Payero Crooks Jones

Uche Šporar

UTMB 

Notable omission Erimus, Jonny Vincent. Took great corners

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Notable omission Erimus, Jonny Vincent. Took great corners

Cheers Robin, how did I miss out Jonny Vincent, I liked him

He once scored direct from a corner at home to Fulham in a 2-0 win, September 1971

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Birmingham 0-2