• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Exactly.

It's a bad game from us after we conceded, but it all revolves around two goalkeeper errors for me.

They hardly created a thing, I wouldn't call their opener a real chance.

It we didn’t create anything either. There is no defending this. It was a *** poor and there are no mitigating factors. 

Just now, Borodane said:

It we didn’t create anything either. There is no defending this. It was a *** poor and there are no mitigating factors. 

They should have been down to 10 men, Lumley should have had his head checked.

Two mitigating factors right there.

Gutted we lost but I'm not losing my head over it today.

Exactly.

It's a bad game from us after we conceded, but it all revolves around two goalkeeper errors for me.

Well neither did we. We played the scrap with them and they won out because of an error. Not the kind of team I want us to be, I'm sure Brum fans would be about as annoyed as our fans inevitably will be if they lost today because it's not a result formed from actually having a go and creating.

• Like 1

Warnocks undercover account this

• Haha 2

Well what a pile of garbage that turned out to be. Best thing you can say about this is that we should just forget it and move on.

Which is quite disappointing given Boro looked the better team first half, created the better chances and looked as though they might nick a 1-0 win. Or at least get a draw.

Sadly a calamitous 10 minute spell in the 2nd half, when Lumley forgot where he was and what he was supposed to be doing, followed very shortly by our defence doing the same (and more comedy keeping) decided the game.

After that we looked shell-shocked. There was absolutely zero fight or desire to get back in the game. Can't think of a single noteworthy attack or attempt on goal in the 2nd half. Birmingham looked increasingly dominant and finished worthy winners.

Boro have plenty of tougher games coming up and Warnock needs to get his *** together pretty damn quick, or else he will screw up Gibson & Scott's masterplan and force them to appoint an emergency, stop-gap manager.

It really was worrying how awful Boro looked. Birmingham are a below-average team and any decent team should be beating them at home. God help us when we have to play some genuinely good teams...

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Exactly.

What you actually mean is there attack, passing and finishing is far superior to ours. 

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Lumley is one of our players. We know he is dodgy. It’s the same as a bad miss in front of goal. I have no problem with the ref not giving a second yellow. It was a tangle and a foul but you see all the time that refs let players off if they’re on a yellow already. The loss was our own doing because we are a dire team under a manager with no clue. Any semi decent team will nullify us and punish us for our own mistakes. We did absolutely nothing after they scored. Warnock takes off the only attacker who’s tried to make things happen and put on a defensive midfielder. He didn’t have a clue how to win this game. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Warnocks undercover account this

I was openly against Warnock on here for at least month, just because I'm not wailing in the streets over a narrow loss which could just as easily have ended 0-0 doesn't mean I'm being any less objective than the knife sharpeners on here.

We didn't deserve anything today and bar a mad 5 minutes at the back should have been a dull 0-0. 

When Uche went off we really should have changed our style of play as we weren't going to win with the high route 1 football. Tav needs to come off set pieces he either plays a short corner that tends to lead to nothing or over hits his free kicks. I feel Hernandez caused problems and I feel Jones would have done the same but we stuck to high balls over the top. 

I dont think we could have asked for a better opening few games at home this season QPR Blackburn Blackpool and Birmingham all in my book should have been home wins and we achieved a point and obviously Derby away given their predicament at the time. I feel those 3 wins and the fact we are still in the play off picture has helped Warnock keeping his job but in reality we are there due to other teams inconsistencies. 

• Like 2

Record against teams in the top half: P5 W0 D2 L3

Teams in the bottom half: P10 W6 D1 L3

Bristol City in 16th are the highest placed team we've beaten. 

I just can't see the point in Warnock being our manager. What is he doing here apart from wasting everyones' time? Those who are backing him, enlighten me, what am I missing?

• Like 2

Very poor second half. Lumley had a howler. Responsible for both goals. Once we'd gone 1 nil down we never looked like scoring. We could have played another couple of hours and not scored. 

We didn't win a thing in the air, yet we kept trying to boot the ball up the field. 

Glad you don't have to travel home after that @Downsouth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1