oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-2

5 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Record against teams in the top half: P5 W0 D2 L3

Teams in the bottom half: P10 W6 D1 L3

Bristol City in 16th are the highest placed team we've beaten. 

I just can't see the point in Warnock being our manager. What is he doing here apart from wasting everyones' time? Those who are backing him, enlighten me, what am I missing?

This

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

What you actually mean is there attack, passing and finishing is far superior to ours. 

No, because I absolutely don't mean that.

They scored two goals from absolute howlers and created nothing else.

Even after today we've scored more and are higher up the table than them.

Both teams were very poor today and I don't think it does anyone any good to pretend that the reason Birmingham beat us is because they're a decent side and we can't handle that.

Ifs and buts, but they'd have been 19th if it ended 0-0.

If we'd won (and I don't think we deserved to win) then I guarantee that the lot on here would be claiming that it's only because Birmingham are a dross side and it's papering over the cracks.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Record against teams in the top half: P5 W0 D2 L3

Teams in the bottom half: P10 W6 D1 L3

Bristol City in 16th are the highest placed team we've beaten. 

I just can't see the point in Warnock being our manager. What is he doing here apart from wasting everyones' time? Those who are backing him, enlighten me, what am I missing?

Just killing time until the new manager is appointed.

I said at the start of the season that Warnock was only kept on to keep the ship steady until Scott scouted the necessary talent to take Boro into the glorious new era.

If he doesn't figure out a way to at least keep us safely mid table, he's in danger of screwing up The Plan and forcing Gibson to bring in a stop-gap...much like Terry Venables coming in during Robson's last season.

42 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

99% of us know this season is going nowhere, just counting down the days until he’s gone at this point

Yeah,the season is pretty much over after today.no way can we bridge that 3 point gap with just the 31 games left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just totally bullied throughout. Trying long balls against a back 4 that has the average height of 6ft5! 
Officiating was poor and if he got the yellow out from the start, it could of been different but there is no excuses with that defeat - well and truly beaten.

2-0 down, you want to see a bit of fight and desire and we offered literally nothing and that was the most frustrating part. Trying to play long ball against that defence was embarrassing and that has to come lack of tactics.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we'd won (and I don't think we deserved to win) then I guarantee that the lot on here would be claiming that it's only because Birmingham are a dross side and it's papering over the cracks.

Well we didn't deserve to win if we won today, Birmingham didn't deserve to win either. Both teams played percentage football and they won out through our errors. This is not in any way a positive.

Saying stuff like this makes me think you'd have been happy with the 0-0 and your only concern is that it was 5 bad minutes that was the difference between 2-0 to them and a 0-0 draw. There was another 85 minutes at least that we chose to play the way we did and us sticking to that tactic both before and after the goals wasn't getting us anywhere.

I expect more from our side at the Riverside. I'd rather we play to intentionally win than win by chance of individual mistakes. Winning by the way we played today absolutely would have papered over the cracks that we were an awful footballing side.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Trying to play long ball against that defence was embarrassing and that has to come lack of tactics.

It comes down to a lack of intellect and ability from the dugout to effect any change let alone screwing up the tactics from the off disrupting a reasonably successful formula over the previous few games.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Saying stuff like this makes me think you'd have been happy with the 0-0 and your only concern is that it was 5 bad minutes that was the difference between 2-0 to them and a 0-0 draw.

I wouldn't have been overly bothered by a 0-0, no, but that's not my point.

My point was that people on here immediately started moaning that we lose as soon as we play anyone decent and I don't think Birmingham are decent.

We've lost 6 games, 3 of them have been losses to poor teams.

Birmingham would have been written off if we'd beaten them, so don't big them up to be more than they are when they do beat us.

The loss today and especially against Hull are concerning but that's because they were losses against rubbish teams.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Yeah,the season is pretty much over after today.no way can we bridge that 3 point gap with just the 31 games left.

i think the point being made by the orginal poster is that with warnock in charge it pretty much is a bridge to far.

as another poster @JMC91 stated, all our wins this season have come against sides in the bottom 8 positions with the Highest ranked team weve beaten is 16th bristol city, and only 2 points from a possible 15 against sides in the top half. 

i hope im wrong, but all i predicit now is slow decline into midtable mediocrity.

We were terrible from back to front today. 

What that result has highlighted, and this has been a consistant for several seasons, is our lack of ability to break down and create chances against an organised team.
Im sick of seeing players just standing in a position and waiting for the ball to come to them and when it doesnt they do nothing about it.  If you want the ball and it doesnt come to you then move, then move again and keep moving until it does.

As Bill Shankley said 'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

• Like 2

Been in hospital for most of the afternoon (just a chest infection, nothing life-threatening) and made it home to read the MDT. Dear me, what a crock. So much for confidence putting wings beneath our feet after three wins and three clean sheets - sounds like there was an immediate reversion to our previous incompetence.

I really hope there's a significant reaction to this from the players in the next game, regardless of Warnock's 'management'. Professional footballers should be able to perform to a higher standard than the last 24 pages suggest they actually did. Bad management and poor training are undoubtedly contributory factors, but from these comments, it sounds like the players did virtually nothing positive on the pitch.