oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-2

My calculations may be  incorrect so apologies if someone proves otherwise but throughout 2021 out of forty games we have won fifteen of them, lost eighteen and drawn seven. So out of a possible 120 points we have amassed 52 points, probably well clear of relegation if extrapolated over a season. Just another seven months to go!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wouldn't have been overly bothered by a 0-0, no, but that's not my point.

My point was that people on here immediately started moaning that we lose as soon as we play anyone decent and I don't think Birmingham are decent.

We've lost 6 games, 3 of them have been losses to poor teams.

Birmingham would have been written off if we'd beaten them, so don't big them up to be more than they are when they do beat us.

The loss today and especially against Hull are concerning but that's because they were losses against rubbish teams.

Who is bigging up Birmingham? Think everyone is saying Birmingham are poor. So our level is we can beat absolute tosh teams but teams that are just rubbish better us. Great.......

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Who is bigging up Birmingham? Think everyone is saying Birmingham are poor. So our level is we can beat absolute tosh teams but teams that are just rubbish better us. Great.......

"What you actually mean is there attack, passing and finishing is far superior to ours. "

"Like someone said, we’ll beat the dross and not stand a chance against the decent teams, only 7 months left until he’s gone 🙌🏼"

They were ***, as were we.

We've beaten better and lost to worse this season.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We've beaten better and beaten worse this season.

no we havnt beaten better, the highest ranked team weve beaten is Bristol city in 16th haha...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i think the point being made by the orginal poster is that with warnock in charge it pretty much is a bridge to far.

as another poster @JMC91 stated, all our wins this season have come against sides in the bottom 8 positions with the Highest ranked team weve beaten is 16th bristol city, and only 2 points from a possible 15 against sides in the top half. 

i hope im wrong, but all i predicit now is slow decline into midtable mediocrity.

Thats the spirit! Im well aware what the original poster means,yes i agree we were not great today by any means but things can and could well change . Bola,Dijks & Fry to return will improve us a lot.it seems like we should be terrified to play some of the top half teams.You could throw a blanket over the whole league ,we wont be facing europeans finest.i wouldnt rule out a victory against the Baggies or anyone else for that matter. Ok today was a poor result but its not the end of the season by any means

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

No, because I absolutely don't mean that.

They scored two goals from absolute howlers and created nothing else.

Even after today we've scored more and are higher up the table than them.

Both teams were very poor today and I don't think it does anyone any good to pretend that the reason Birmingham beat us is because they're a decent side and we can't handle that.

Ifs and buts, but they'd have been 19th if it ended 0-0.

If we'd won (and I don't think we deserved to win) then I guarantee that the lot on here would be claiming that it's only because Birmingham are a dross side and it's papering over the cracks.

Spin it as you will but the fact is they scored 2 goals and conceded 0. 

It’s matters not where they are in the table, fact we are higher only by virtue of beating bottom clubs and the fact they are lower doesn’t make it any better now does it. Equal to or better is irreverent the result speaks for itself. Our inherit weakness in decision making, finishing, passing, Watford gaps is very apparent. The fact we got beat by, as you put it, a poor team. 

We needed to take a lead in at half time and we failed, 2nd half absolute shambolic, devoid of any ideas we could have played all need and wouldn't have scored. Lumley what were you doing gifted Birmingham the game, can't think of anyone who played well but Tav was absolutely awful and should have been hauled off. Driving home listening to Radio Maddo feels Tav is being played out of position and I agree, get a new forward thinking manager in who's going to get the best out of our players because Warnock hasn't got a Scooby.

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Thats the spirit! Im well aware what the original poster means,yes i agree we were not great today by any means but things can and could well change . Bola,Dijks & Fry to return will improve us a lot.it seems like we should be terrified to play some of the top half teams.You could throw a blanket over the whole league ,we wont be facing europeans finest.i wouldnt rule out a victory against the Baggies or anyone else for that matter. Ok today was a poor result but its not the end of the season by any means

if your well aware of what he meant they why are you taking him so literally? i dont think anyones denying that its theoretically possible that things could change, your just stating a truism. For example, its theroretically possible for Barnsley to win the next 10 games in a row, highly unlikely, but in theory possible. 
the point is on the evidence of what weve seen from the first 15 games, i personally, (and its seem the orginal poster also) havnt seen anything that suggests we'll get to the playoffs with Warnock in charge. were tactically inept, to the point of being clueless. we make basic mistakes in almost everygame and this comes from the manager.

also you talk about defenders coming back like it will make a differnence, but most of those players were fit at the start and we actually picked up less points when they played lol so i dont see what difference they'll make. our main issue is attack where we seem to be impotent, and thats been "full" strength for the whole season.

if you have any evidence to back up your opinion im all ears, but if you just post more stuff thats theortically possible please dont bother.

Edited by tmcc
35 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Been in hospital for most of the afternoon (just a chest infection, nothing life-threatening) and made it home to read the MDT. Dear me, what a crock. So much for confidence putting wings beneath our feet after three wins and three clean sheets - sounds like there was an immediate reversion to our previous incompetence.

I really hope there's a significant reaction to this from the players in the next game, regardless of Warnock's 'management'. Professional footballers should be able to perform to a higher standard than the last 24 pages suggest they actually did. Bad management and poor training are undoubtedly contributory factors, but from these comments, it sounds like the players did virtually nothing positive on the pitch.

Glad to hear you’re doing okay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I’m not annoyed or surprised at this point. 3 wins against 3 poor teams was just delaying the inevitable that against average teams Warnocks tactics don’t work. 

We can’t break teams down because of the long balls and struggle to create consistent clear cut chances. That’s tactical, not to do with the players. 

I’m genuinely interested in the people who still want Warnock as our manager, what is he bringing to this team that any other manager couldn’t?

I don’t even mean for this to be an argument at all, but I’m very interested to hear what grounds people are still supporting and backing Warnock. The only reason I can think of is sentimental. 

It’s a big kick into the teeth for us to go through the motions with a manager when people pay their hard earned money to watch dross week in week out. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, tmcc said:

if your well aware of what he meant they why are you taking him so literally? i dont think anyones denying that its theoretically possible that things could change, your just stating a truism. the point is from what weve seen from the first 15 games, i personally, (and its seem the orginal poster also) havnt seen anything that suggests we'll get to the playoffs with Warnock in charge.

if you have we can agree to disagree and see whos right at the end of the season.

Whos right about what exactly? Im not saying with any confidence whatsoever  we will  get into the play offs,all im saying is that its defeatist in the extreame to write off a season after 15 games. I think the league is very poor this season & anything can happen.

One reason for 'supporting' Warnock is because we're bringing in someone better at the end of the season, but they may not be available yet. Keeping Warnock on means we can pursue a long-term plan with no interim manager or rushed second-choice appointment.

I agree it means we're wasting a season, but we've wasted plenty of other seasons without having a longer term plan in place!

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Whos right about what exactly? Im not saying with any confidence whatsoever  we will  get into the play offs,all im saying is that its defeatist in the extreame to write off a season after 15 games. I think the league is very poor this season & anything can happen.

i updated my reply, go back and have a read.

14 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

One reason for 'supporting' Warnock is because we're bringing in someone better at the end of the season, but they may not be available yet. Keeping Warnock on means we can pursue a long-term plan with no interim manager or rushed second-choice appointment.

I agree it means we're wasting a season, but we've wasted plenty of other seasons without having a longer term plan in place!

Can I interject by mentioning the word assumed. Given NW will leave at the end of the season the club must find another manager but to state we have approached, waiting or can even state he will be better the NW is based on rumours and assumption.