• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

A draw today will be a huge pin in the balloon of optimistic shoots and hope. A defeat, shudder the thought, will just bring about a resurfacing of the "waste of a season" mindset for many. 

A win, albeit reasonably expected, will keep momentum going and despite the lowly nature of opponents over the last few games it just might carry the squad onwards and upwards. Belief is incredibly important in sport and the synergy it brings within a team collective can add up to more than the sum of it's parts. In fairness it is something that Warnock has been able to galvanise through his career. He may have arrived here with this squad by luck rather than by design due to injuries and forced shuffling but regardless there is a huge amount riding on today's game, a win could be worth far more than just three points.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Maybe out of our league but the River Plate manager (Gallado) has done really well with a bring  them through and sell them on club philosophy.

I thought he might get the Barca job.

regarding Leadbitter he has previously said he would like to work with academy players. 

I'd imagine its a bit early in his coaching career for Grant to be taking the top job. I'd like to think he'd do a good job at the academy though.

I'm hoping Warnock's replacement will be a complete surprise / unknown. Like Redcar Rioja said, someone from overseas, who has been quietly doing a good job with a team we've never heard of.

• Like 1

Well, my world famous waterproof trousers are back out for this one. The weather always seems to be crap when we play Birmingham at home. I remember 3 or 4 seasons ago it was freezing and bucketing down when we played them. It was so cold, you just stayed wet through the whole game. Then we got beat to top it off.

Hopefully the game goes a bit better today. 3-1 Boro. Friend to score their consolation goal. Sporar to get a hat trick for us.

• Like 1

Over the last few games we have learnt to play more with the ball on the ground so I am not so happy with the weather. Now I appreciate our ground is superior to the pitch’s I played on but we all know how fast a new ball skips off a wet surface, so I hope we use it to good use splitting the backline and getting the ball to come off the grass in front of the keeper. 
I expect a early goal, a tough game and I expect a win. 

If we have Uche, Sprorar, Jones, Payero and Tav starting that's a lot to contain if you're the opposition.

That said, I'm going 2 nil Birmingham.

I remember being at a match years back where they had Forssell playing. Finished 5 4 or something.

I was meant to be going today but couldn't get my on call swapped at work and miss seeing gorgeous George one last time. 

Rumour has it Maik Taylor still has nightmares on the eve of these fixtures. 

I think anything less than a win will be a massive let down today. I'm going to optimistic and go for a 2-0 win Sporar and Tavernier the scorers. 

Well what a disaster today has turned out to be.

Left with plenty of time eventaully hit the M1 and was stopped in my tracks by the "smart works" with serious tail backs.

Sat nav offered alternative route to A1 so by then it seemed we had been on the road for ages and now had to travel east instead of North.

En route to A1 we were advised of serious delays at Newark and Doncaster giving an eta to Boro as 1450hrs, baring in mind getting to the ground, parking up and getting tickets we would have lost about 15 mins of the game and that was without further issues.

We decided to cut our losses and return home just past Peterborough.

So annoyed never happened before and hope not a sign of further strife the rest of the day.

Had a call from Boro Unger who was waiting for us to arrive and said my sorry's.

Managed to get 4 tickets to the WBA game though

• Sad 3
  • Wow 1
29 minutes ago, TheJew said:

If we have Uche, Sprorar, Jones, Payero and Tav starting that's a lot to contain if you're the opposition.

That said, I'm going 2 nil Birmingham.

I remember being at a match years back where they had Forssell playing. Finished 5 4 or something.

5-3 and forssell looked like he was going to score every time he got the ball near our box. fortunately they couldnt defend. it was the game were upson tried to stoop down and head it back to keeper and just fell over and did nothing, the lizard nipped in and scored. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Birmingham 0-2