oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-2

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough FC vs Birmingham City FC                                                                                  Saturday 30th October – 3:00 pm                                             

Out of all the reasons, one is most important - appointment of Agnew when we still had a good chance of staying up. We threw in the towel with however many number of games left to go with that decisio

Mate it’s against 3 of the poorest teams in the league. The issue is that time and time again Warnock has shown that he can’t cut it anymore against better teams.  Why did he change a winning side a

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well what a disaster today has turned out to be.

Left with plenty of time eventaully hit the M1 and was stopped in my tracks by the "smart works" with serious tail backs.

Sat nav offered alternative route to A1 so by then it seemed we had been on the road for ages and now had to travel east instead of North.

En route to A1 we were advised of serious delays at Newark and Doncaster giving an eta to Boro as 1450hrs, baring in mind getting to the ground, parking up and getting tickets we would have lost about 15 mins of the game and that was without further issues.

We decided to cut our losses and return home just past Peterborough.

So annoyed never happened before and hope not a sign of further strife the rest of the day.

Had a call from Boro Unger who was waiting for us to arrive and said my sorry's.

Managed to get 4 tickets to the WBA game though

I now avoid "Smart" Motorways where at all possible. They cause no end of tailbacks and slamming on of brakes. The M62 was bad before they "upgraded" it, now it's impossible to plan any meetings or more importantly arrival times for flights at Manchester Airport because of it. I now routinely take the A66 and the M6 Southbound when headed to Greater Manchester/Merseyside area although they are carrying out "improvements" on the M6 now as well. The M1 has also become a nightmare especially when they keep tinkering with the speed limits for absolutely no reason whatsoever and then suddenly put it back to 70 leaving motorists confused, angry and then speeding to try and make up for lost time. Don't start me on the loss of a hard shoulder and the safety impact. Now they are so bad you can't even travel on a weekend with any degree of certainty of arriving on time.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I now avoid "Smart" Motorways where at all possible. They cause no end of tailbacks and slamming on of brakes. The M62 was bad before they "upgraded" it, now it's impossible to plan any meetings or more importantly arrival times for flights at Manchester Airport because of it. I now routinely take the A66 and the M6 Southbound when headed to Greater Manchester/Merseyside area although they are carrying out "improvements" on the M6 now as well. The M1 has also become a nightmare especially when they keep tinkering with the speed limits for absolutely no reason whatsoever and then suddenly put it back to 70 leaving motorists confused, angry and then speeding to try and make up for lost time. Don't start me on the loss of a hard shoulder and the safety impact. Now they are so bad you can't even travel on a weekend with any degree of certainty of arriving on time.

Wanted to stay on the M1 but forward info showed so many other problems on the M1 apperantly the M18 was blocked at Rotherham hence suggesting the detour to A1, what was I too know what would unfold, and just how late it would be getting back?

Next time we will give ourselves another hour.

At one time with a bit of speeding could always get to Boro withi 3.5 hours now it is well over 4 hours

7 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

Anybody know how I can watch the game? Stuck in work 👎🏻

Someone will post a link before kick off,usually AnglianRed if you do not mind a feed quite behind actual time.

Bright and sunny now where I am @boro_unger

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Dare I say it once again!........................Game day and Come on Boro!

Defo going to the game my grandson is so excited about this and at least he has his cousin Teddy's company for the four hours it takes to get there so will be leaving at 0900hrs, just hope it is a good return journey.

Preparing sandwiches and the like, bacon and cheese melt should do the trick/

Will pop into the 6 medals an more than likely get our tickets and hang around where the action is near the gates.

If you see a little blond haired lad with Teddy on his shirt along with a bigger youngster and two men then most likely will be me, also I will have a wooly hat on ormaybe a baseball hat. If so come over and say hello always good to meet up with members.

@wilsoncgp and @Will you both have my number so no excuses if you are going to the game

Sorry mate, I am at the game but I've just got here and I have to leave pretty sharpish for my birthday bash. Got to get back to Sunderland after the match to get sorted then back to Boro within the hour!

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sorry mate, I am at the game but I've just got here and I have to leave pretty sharpish for my birthday bash. Got to get back to Sunderland after the match to get sorted then back to Boro within the hour!

You have not followed my tale of woe!

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Birmingham 0-2