oneBoro Forum

Trekkers a BIG message of support!

What I have always liked about our forum is the way many of us rally round and give the best support we can to forum members who are going through a particularly rough time in their lives and which often reminds us about just what is "really important" at the end of the day and well tbh how low in priorites it is to get upset about the fortunes of our favourite football clubs.

Sadly this is the case with our dear friend Trekkers and his family.

Dave and his daughter went to the Man City match on Saturday and then yesterday Dave went into the A&E department of the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, he put this info onto his Facebook account but then mentioned that he was being admitted straight away to the Churchill Hospital in Oxford which is centre of excellence for cancer services and other specialities. His last facebook message was "this does not look good" No other messages from him have been received and though I sent him a couple of texts there has been no response.

At the time of letting people know I would imagine Dave was very much scared of the unknown and probably feeling very lonely, frightned and confused.

Am certain that there will be members of the forum who can relate to what Dave is going through and can offer support and there own testimony to David when the time is right and hopefully at some point soon Dave can let us know what is going on by posting on the forum, he will be aware that his name is being mentioned.

Dave is a terrific guy and a very valued member, he has been there many times on forum meet ups throughout the country on Boro away trips, his gentle humour and grizzly bear looks (though he has shaved his beard off) have won him many friends who follow MFC. He really is a pleasure to know especially with other bad times he has had to endure and many of us will remember at the time

So Dave when you get time to read this let me say on behalf of all of the forum how saddened we are to hear this news but we are 100% behind you as you hopefully start on your road to recovery and you will be in many of our thoughts and prayers.

We look forward to hearing from you buddy and I will give you a big hug next time I see you!

If I can be of any help please let me know

• Thanks 1

They're prepping me for surgery so don't want to miss tomorrow's fixture.

Anyway to update I'm in the Urology department. Major infection in the "man" regions. Things have swelled to the size of melons LOL

Getting ready for surgery so they can find and stop the infection. 

Feeling rather low being stuck in hospital but hopefully it's nothing too serious I hope.

Thanks for thinking of me

Trekkers!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, trekkers said:

Anyway to update I'm in the Urology department. Major infection in the "man" regions. Things have swelled to the size of melons LOL

Feeling rather low being stuck in hospital but hopefully it's nothing too serious I hope.

Trekkers!

Like...sprite melons, or full on watermelons?

Either way, get well soon bud ❤️

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, trekkers said:

Trekkers!

Great to hear from you fella...and good to know you are indeed still with us! 

Wishing you all the very best and hope the docs can sort you out with a minimum of fuss...

Encouraging Get Well Soon GIF by MyPostcard

On second thoughts, I've just seen your doc...maybe you should panic after all..

Mad Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

• Haha 1

I haven't been able to stop thinking about your meat and two veg all day Trekkers.  Same as any other day really.  God willing, we'll all be able to see it again back in it's full glory in no time at all.

I know that if I had a problem with my tackle, one thing that would make me feel a lot better would be having someone broadcast it all over the internet.  It's good to have friends like DS 😬

And Trekkers, please don't forget his kind offer:

8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

If I can be of any help please let me know

Maybe he's willing to kiss it better for you, save you the bother of the surgery, or he'll give it a nice massage as part of your recovery 👍

• Haha 4

Cheers guys. 

Surgery went OK. They did what they needed to do without finding any major complications. Going to be a slow and uncomfortable road to recovery, maybe 4-6 weeks off.

This is very worrying as now I'm on a zero hours contract after being made redundant and there's no sick pay,

• Like 2

Glad to hear that there is some progress. Hope the recuperation goes OK and don't enjoy applying the ointment too much. At times like these, you find out who your friends are and I shall join in with their well wishes and recommend that you try to avoid watching any of SD's videos for the time being. On the good side, there may be openings for John Wayne impersonators. Stay safe and keep the faith 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I haven't been able to stop thinking about your meat and two veg all day Trekkers.  Same as any other day really.  God willing, we'll all be able to see it again back in it's full glory in no time at all.

I know that if I had a problem with my tackle, one thing that would make me feel a lot better would be having someone broadcast it all over the internet.  It's good to have friends like DS 😬

Maybe he's willing to kiss it better for you, save you the bother of the surgery, or he'll give it a nice massage as part of your recovery 👍

If I had known it was just a load of old "balls" then I would not have bothered😉

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

team america vomit GIF