oneBoro Forum

WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)

3 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Any news on any injured players coming back?

None back for this one.  Possibly a couple back at the end of the international break.  There was nothing on Payero though, which maybe means he could be back.

• Like 1
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 points from 21 games against the sides currently ranked above us in the table this season. good chance it will be 2 from 24 after saturday. (tho due to us moving down the table, eventually a side wh

That really looked like a goodbye to me, anyone else see that 

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best. 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Leesider said:

It just seems like one comes back,another gets injured,Cant get a settled starting 11 with a strong bench.

Why theres loads of injuries is another question 

Maybe the bigger question is whether it makes any difference or not?  When most of those players were available we weren't winning games.  Look at the teams we put out that lost to QPR, drew with Blackburn, lost to Reading, lost to Coventry, lost to Hull even.  We've actually won more games with players injured than with a full squad although it's obviously being used as an excuse for poor results now.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe the bigger question is whether it makes any difference or not?  When most of those players were available we weren't winning games.  Look at the teams we put out that lost to QPR, drew with Blackburn, lost to Reading, lost to Coventry, lost to Hull even.  We've actually won more games with players injured than with a full squad although it's obviously being used as an excuse for poor results now.

I guess signing 11 players takes a bit of time to gel as well. @Neverbefore rightly said the wins were against the worst teams in the league. Not sure if you have noticed the progress of Ipswich this season.My brother is a fan so ive no choice! They are under new ownership and bought a shedload of players. They were awful for the first 10 games or so,suddenly they have gelled & are flying,(( Morsy has been  superb) It takes time.Couple that with the injuries goes a little way to explain our inconsistancy. Dont get me wrong.Some of the decisions made by Warnock & Co have been mind boggling.im also sick of the awful results,the capitulations,awful defending,poor decisions in the final 3rd,the hoofball, poor finishing etc but having your best players on the  pitch helps.

• Like 1

It should help but it's not guaranteed.  I don't think we've seen anything this season or last to suggest that a fully fit squad will lead to great results.  You'd like to think it would, and I'm hoping to see some of them back asap, but I'm not sure that it alone will lead to a turnaround in our form.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It should help but it's not guaranteed.  I don't think we've seen anything this season or last to suggest that a fully fit squad will lead to great results.  You'd like to think it would, and I'm hoping to see some of them back asap, but I'm not sure that it alone will lead to a turnaround in our form.

Im not sure either! More hope than expectation.

• Like 2

It doesn’t matter what players we have on the pitch. We are instructed to kick the ball long, not keep possession or play out from the back through the thirds. 
I really wish that the media would ask Warnock about his tactics and why he thinks that after the games we’ve played, why he doesn’t change because it’s not working. We could have Ronaldo in that team and he wouldn’t even get service to score. If Messi was in midfield we wouldn’t play through him the majority of the time, it would be kicked long and he would try and win the second balls. 
It’s so obvious how our approach just doesn’t have any creativity. Birmingham just sat deep and knew we were never going to offer that quality to unlock their defence. 
But rather than Warnock say it’s because of how he is setting up the team, he deflects and blames anyone and everything but himself.

A stubborn manager who won’t adapt and change deserves to be down at the bottom end of the table. Unfortunately we as a club have decided to stick with an outdated approach to football (See Pulis also) 

• Like 5

There are no easy games in this league you know. I was saying the other day there isn’t much between the teams and they can go either way and let’s face it we haven’t had much luck with injuries and all. 
I thought the lads did well today and we should have won it. You know people will look back at the game and think how did they loose by four goals, I mean, if there CR was booked first half he would have been sent off for the second foul and he would not have got his hat trick, you know, I don’t know how some of these officials can look in the mirror. Dear me it’s nor ideal you know we will have a look at a few of the lads and see where we go from here. 

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

It doesn’t matter what players we have on the pitch. We are instructed to kick the ball long, not keep possession or play out from the back through the thirds. 
I really wish that the media would ask Warnock about his tactics and why he thinks that after the games we’ve played, why he doesn’t change because it’s not working. We could have Ronaldo in that team and he wouldn’t even get service to score. If Messi was in midfield we wouldn’t play through him the majority of the time, it would be kicked long and he would try and win the second balls. 
It’s so obvious how our approach just doesn’t have any creativity. Birmingham just sat deep and knew we were never going to offer that quality to unlock their defence. 
But rather than Warnock say it’s because of how he is setting up the team, he deflects and blames anyone and everything but himself.

A stubborn manager who won’t adapt and change deserves to be down at the bottom end of the table. Unfortunately we as a club have decided to stick with an outdated approach to football (See Pulis also) 

I think they're under strict instruction to avoid asking questions like that. Similar to how Gazette journos aren't allowed to ask searching, meaningful questions. 😉

Edited by AnglianRed
14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Sad isn't it. It really does seem completely random how the team will perform, regardless of who we have available.

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

There are no easy games in this league you know. I was saying the other day there isn’t much between the teams and they can go either way and let’s face it we haven’t had much luck with injuries and all. 
I thought the lads did well today and we should have won it. You know people will look back at the game and think how did they loose by four goals, I mean, if there CR was booked first half he would have been sent off for the second foul and he would not have got his hat trick, you know, I don’t know how some of these officials can look in the mirror. Dear me it’s nor ideal you know we will have a look at a few of the lads and see where we go from here. 

If im honest🥱

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I think they're under strict instruction to avoid asking questions like that. Similar to how Gazette journos aren't allowed to ask searching, meaningful questions. 😉

The club controls every aspect of press conferences, including what questions can be asked and journos are even encouraged to praise Warnock regardless of results.

Which explains Craig Johns.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I can honestly say that I'm not bothered about the game tomorrow. There is nothing in our tactics or matches to date that get me excited or even remotely hopeful. It's just a dry boring dirge until the end of this season when we can hopefully regroup, give reason to inspire and reinvigorate the fans.

I felt similar to this during the last few months of Pulis but it's not even Christmas! We may get a scrappy draw or get tonked tomorrow but whatever the outcome it will inevitably be just another Warnock Bingo interview at the end of it, Poor Referee-Tick, Injuries-Tick, Fans love us-Tick, If only in the ....th minute-Tick.

It's just so predictably monotonous and uninspiring, the fact that we are now shuddering rather than excited over the line up and tactics for tomorrow just reinforces it. It's no longer about how we can get at them or get a result but instead about Warnock's eccentric selections, positioning and all round tactics leading to the inevitable underwhelming disappointment to come.

• Like 2

2 points from 21 games against the sides currently ranked above us in the table this season. good chance it will be 2 from 24 after saturday. (tho due to us moving down the table, eventually a side who weve beaten may over take us haha silver linings).

weve actually only played 6 teams in the top half this season (no wins 2 draw 4 defeats) and already played the bottom 9 sides ( where we picked up most of our points) and 10 of our 16 games have been against bottom half sides. the fact that were 14th despite having played the majority of lower end sides highlights how poor weve been.

another silver lining here is that when we play poor sides, we can pick up points. For me, this highlights that we do have quality in the side and it shines through when we  play sides that are as tactically inept as we are and the game comes down to player quality. But ultimatly it just leaves me more frustrated thinking what this side could do if it was properly managed.

i said it after the 3 wins, the real test will be in the next 5/6 games when we play decent sides that have some tactical structure and players with decent quality. so far we have failed terribly. our next few games, are WBA, Stoke, Swansea, Bournmouth, preston, millwall and huddersfield.  Call me a pesemist but honestly dont see where next win is coming in any of those games. They will all turn up with a game plan and structure and i full expect us to be picked apart by most of those sides.

ill tune in this weekend as i always do, but with Warnock in charge this season is dead in the water.

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 6
  • Downsouth changed the title to WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)