oneBoro Forum

WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)

Will be delighted if we get anything from this. But really doubt we will. I hate being a pessimist but finding it very difficult to have any positive vibes about this team atm. I do believe we have a fairly good squad and are capable of much more than we are producing. So it bloody annoys me to be feeling so meh. It seems an age since I actually looked forward to games with a sense of excitement.
Anyway. Come on Boro. Surprise us please. Lets kick start the season.

• Like 2
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 points from 21 games against the sides currently ranked above us in the table this season. good chance it will be 2 from 24 after saturday. (tho due to us moving down the table, eventually a side wh

That really looked like a goodbye to me, anyone else see that 

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Pretty much everyone expecting a battering and there’s an article that warnock could get sacked if we lose. Watch us win 2-0 and drag on the charade for another month!

That would about sum up the BORO.. 

I see NW has rolled out his love affair with SG again so things must be on a knife edge. I get SG called a favour and NW promptly cancelled his retirement and drove up to North saving the club, but come on how often can you throw that back in his face. Not sure SG will be content being told his team is pretty rank but there again NW refers he is aware of it. I just wonder why SG choose to buy a rank set of players. At least we can be assured NW is not going anywhere because he has pledged he is staying for the battle. I didn’t know we were at war or even needed one but there you go,  I guess we know we have a brave leader who will to lead the battle with players he doesn’t rate. I think self sacrifice is admirable but over rated and avoidable. 

11 hours ago, Changing Times said:

West Brom haven't been doing that well at home recently, not to the extent that we should expect to be destroyed.  They beat Bristol City 3-0 but generally they've either won narrowly or not won.  In fact, other than a 4-0 away win at Cardiff, they haven't been that impressive since the first couple of weeks of the season.  There's obviously some kind of game plan out there to at least slow them down or keep it tight, that's what I'd expect to see us try and do tomorrow.  The fact that we tend to be a lot better in the first half maybe helps us in this regard.  I wouldn't automatically assume it'll be a nightmare anyway 🤷‍♂️

Well if things go to form, we'll do okay in the first half and go in at half time 0-0. Then we'll have a collective brain fade second half and West Brom will run out 3-0 winners. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Well here's a thing John in the fact that I am not going!

Dan booked the tickets last week to appease Teddy and my other grandson because of what happened, totally forgetting that Bonfire Night parties had been booked and paid for, MFC were contacted about a cancellation but gave him no reply however they failed to send the tickets out anyway and so they put their hands up admitting an admin error and refunded him cancelling the non existant tickets!

But we shall overcome, one day!

Also it is a very easy ground to get too and takes 90 mins or so to get there

Fair enough. Sounds like it was another nightmare brewing if you had have wanted to go! 

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well if things go to form, we'll do okay in the first half and go in at half time 0-0. Then we'll have a collective brain fade second half and West Brom will run out 3-0 winners. 

Whoa your being very confident with 3 - 0 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Changing Times said:

West Brom haven't been doing that well at home recently, not to the extent that we should expect to be destroyed.  They beat Bristol City 3-0 but generally they've either won narrowly or not won.  In fact, other than a 4-0 away win at Cardiff, they haven't been that impressive since the first couple of weeks of the season.  There's obviously some kind of game plan out there to at least slow them down or keep it tight, that's what I'd expect to see us try and do tomorrow.  The fact that we tend to be a lot better in the first half maybe helps us in this regard.  I wouldn't automatically assume it'll be a nightmare anyway 🤷‍♂️

We got slapped off Luton and Birmingham both of whom had been in relatively poor form. I think it's safe to assume we will get battered here if west brom play even reasonably well. I've seen somewhere Hall might be back. I don't rate him that highly but mcnair needs to be taken out of that defence ASAP.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Anyone want to take a stab at formation?. At a guess:

Daniels

Peltier Hall Bamba

Tav Paddy Howson Jones

Payero

Watmore Coburn

Probably will be since he can't help himself with this shitty back 3 nonsense and Howson in midfield.

Howson- hall-bamba- peltier 

Payero McNair 

Tav watmore Jones

Coburn

• Downsouth changed the title to WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)