• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 points from 21 games against the sides currently ranked above us in the table this season. good chance it will be 2 from 24 after saturday. (tho due to us moving down the table, eventually a side wh

That really looked like a goodbye to me, anyone else see that 

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Dijksteel was a midfielder converted to a RB halfway through the season before we signed him in the summer as Charlton had an injury crisis.

Wouldn't be the most ridiculous thing to do to put Howson at RB and play Dijksteel in the middle of the park. He can tackle, hold off players and is comfortable making runs with the ball at his feet.

Whether he could pick out a killer pass remains to be seen but let's face it only Payero looks capable of that in the present squad.

"Wouldn't be the most ridiculous thing to do to put Howson at RB and play Dijksteel in the middle of the park."

That would be an additional bonus! I think right back is now Howsons best position,

This management lark is fairly easy innit!

• Haha 3

Given who we are playing you would expect us to get well and truely mullered, but we do seem to be a bit of a bogie team playing at The Hawthorns so would not be surprised to see Boro win.

Having said that think a draw will be the most likely outcome.

The way we're playing, West Brom probably should beat us quite comfortably. 6 wins 2 draws so far for them at home, only conceding 4.

It would be the most typical Boro thing for us to turn up and win this one.

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The way we're playing, West Brom probably should beat us quite comfortably. 6 wins 2 draws so far for them at home, only conceding 4.

It would be the most typical Boro thing for us to turn up and win this one.

Not really typical of this season given we haven't beaten a side in the top 15 is it haha

• Like 1

Hell if I know.

I'll probably still end up paying to watch this one but I'm not expecting much at all.

I don't think West Brom are anywhere near the level that Fulham and Bournemouth are this season, so I wouldn't call it a huge shock if we won but we're so fragile even against the terrible sides in this division that it's not particularly likely.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Not really typical of this season given we haven't beaten a side in the top 15 is it haha

True, very much are where we are as we've beaten the teams below us and not beaten those above us. Though I don't think I'd have labelled it a typical Boro if we'd beaten Coventry, QPR, Luton or Blackpool. It's very much a description saved for the teams we would probably struggle to beat even were we at our best with this squad.

Episode 4 Luke GIF by Star Wars

Think this is gonna be one to miss, unless you're a glutton for punishment, or a real die-hard fan. I can't see beyond a comprehensive win for the Baggies. They're gonna "boing boing" all over Boro...

Of course now I've said that, Warnock and the lads will somehow contrive to nick an unlikely win

Still, if nothing else, it'll cheer Adrian Chiles up a bit. 

A lot of talk about injuries but from what I can tell only fry and Bola are out from his preferred 11?

Lumley

Dijksteel fry McNair Bola

Howson

Tav              Crooks

Jones/watmore   Hernandez

Sporar

I would say that would generally be his first choice 11 based on who he's picked when they've been available. Bamba coming in for fry is more or less like for like, so only Bola is a major miss. 

Payero didn't get a game till injuries meant he had to. Uche had been relegated to the bench when everyone was fit. Hall is a stand in for a centre back if they're out so isn't first 11. Browne, fisher, ameobi are write offs and we knew that before the window shut. 

I'm getting really sick of this constant excuse, both from our manager and from the fans that are eating it up (on twitter more than here). He was talking today and claimed that we are decimated. Pure and utter lies. 

• Downsouth changed the title to WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)