oneBoro Forum

WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The club controls every aspect of press conferences, including what questions can be asked and journos are even encouraged to praise Warnock regardless of results.

Which explains Craig Johns.

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best.  But, you can also read it like having nobody as manager would be better than having him.  The lads at the Gazette just need to put more thought into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 points from 21 games against the sides currently ranked above us in the table this season. good chance it will be 2 from 24 after saturday. (tho due to us moving down the table, eventually a side wh

That really looked like a goodbye to me, anyone else see that 

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

You could try and do it in a clever way so that it looks like you're praising him but aren't.  If for example I said that nobody is better than Neil Warnock, well you can read it like he's the best.  But, you can also read it like having nobody as manager would be better than having him.  The lads at the Gazette just need to put more thought into it.

Maybe that explains some of the marks out of ten with the Gazette Player appraisals 😉

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Not looking forward to tomorrows game. It has all the possibilities of a season changing game. 0 - 3 Time to call it a day. Bring on next season.

I would snap your hand off for 0-3.

We'd be back in business.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The club controls every aspect of press conferences, including what questions can be asked and journos are even encouraged to praise Warnock regardless of results.

Which explains Craig Johns.

Neil has also basically taken Craig under his wing and has been real nice to him, so he'll fight tooth and nail to support him.

I can’t remember if there has ever been a time the club seems to be deliberately driving fans from the club. It seems the club has simply just closed the blinds, gone deaf, switched off. I wonder if anyone has actually looked at the stats, read the media or forums or even listened to NW interviews because it’s just pitiful, embarrassing. 

51 minutes ago, macapes said:

Going to get destroyed. Might not watch, which would be a first this season, as it's just awful.

West Brom haven't been doing that well at home recently, not to the extent that we should expect to be destroyed.  They beat Bristol City 3-0 but generally they've either won narrowly or not won.  In fact, other than a 4-0 away win at Cardiff, they haven't been that impressive since the first couple of weeks of the season.  There's obviously some kind of game plan out there to at least slow them down or keep it tight, that's what I'd expect to see us try and do tomorrow.  The fact that we tend to be a lot better in the first half maybe helps us in this regard.  I wouldn't automatically assume it'll be a nightmare anyway 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

I can’t remember if there has ever been a time the club seems to be deliberately driving fans from the club. It seems the club has simply just closed the blinds, gone deaf, switched off. I wonder if anyone has actually looked at the stats, read the media or forums or even listened to NW interviews because it’s just pitiful, embarrassing. 

To be fair, if they read the media they'd think Warnock was the second coming of Brian Clough.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, macapes said:

Going to get destroyed. Might not watch, which would be a first this season, as it's just awful.

Pretty much everyone expecting a battering and there’s an article that warnock could get sacked if we lose. Watch us win 2-0 and drag on the charade for another month!

4 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Pretty much everyone expecting a battering and there’s an article that warnock could get sacked if we lose. Watch us win 2-0 and drag on the charade for another month!

Would take that and besides with the IB it would only be dragged out for two weeks!😉

Well Game Day, Come on Boro...............................oh dear!

Hopefully this is one of those 'typical Boro' days in which we manage to beat the top teams when no-one is giving us a chance. They scraped past Hull and have a WLWLWLW form, so they are due a defeat to keep the OCD gods happy...

Good luck with the roads @Downsouth. I imagine you set off at about midnight to be on the safe side 😉

18 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Hopefully this is one of those 'typical Boro' days in which we manage to beat the top teams when no-one is giving us a chance. They scraped past Hull and have a WLWLWLW form, so they are due a defeat to keep the OCD gods happy...

Good luck with the roads @Downsouth. I imagine you set off at about midnight to be on the safe side 😉

Well here's a thing John in the fact that I am not going!

Dan booked the tickets last week to appease Teddy and my other grandson because of what happened, totally forgetting that Bonfire Night parties had been booked and paid for, MFC were contacted about a cancellation but gave him no reply however they failed to send the tickets out anyway and so they put their hands up admitting an admin error and refunded him cancelling the non existant tickets!

But we shall overcome, one day!

Also it is a very easy ground to get too and takes 90 mins or so to get there

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

One of two thing COULD happen 1- We get our pants pulled down and soundly spanked   2- we go there and Typical Boro  wi 3 points Ruining every ones Acca in the process...Me I'm with 2... I reckon we could nick a Point..OR 3....  2-1 boro  C'mon lads you can do this 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to WBA v Boro 1-1 (Coburn)