oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, final thoughts and messages to our former boss...........

Time to move on but just incase Mr W still follows us, how about we give him some final messages ( good or bad ) ?

I'll start by saying thanks for saving us last season and all the best in the future. Good times ...yes  Bad times.... yes but I for one enjoyed the ride.

Cheers Neil...if you are still watching.

• Like 4
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up.  Your football was awful.  Your press conferences were worse.  You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

Thanks for being the person that kept us from relegation, a task anybody but Woody could manage with that team.  So what I really say is, thanks for not being Woody, I guess ...   

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them

Posted Images

I remember being taught that unless you have not got anything good to say then say nothing!

NW did what he needed to do for Boro at the time so grateful for that but then stayed far too long allowing his "mystique" to simply erode,  Good for short term fixes, but a likeable old so and so wish him happiness in retirement because he obviously is worried about that aspect

Was that ok?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for keeping us up Neil and getting rid of the majority dead wood.

It was nothing personal but just at your age, as a club and fans, we wanted a longer term strategy as we are sick of jumping one extreme to the other season after season.

This decision is nothing against your incredible record breaking managerial career.

Enjoy your retirement! (Even though i fully expect you to get a saviour job somewhere in February/March)

• Like 3

Never really got it right on the pitch and probably stayed one season too long... But he saved us from League 1 which I'll always be grateful for. Also kept a steady ship through the covid season and oversaw a big turnover in the squad.

He's been a great character in the game and I'm sure he'll get a good reception when he inevitably turns up at the Riverside managing his next Championship club! 

• Like 3

I'm sure you'll see us in the game some time soon and beat us and give us plenty of stick for it.

Sincere thanks for keeping us in the Championship in the manner you and your staff did but I personally have no qualms about moving on and have very little positive to say about your time here since then.

• Thanks 1

Dear Neil:

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for stepping in at short notice to save us from Jonathan Woodgate's suicide bombing raid on League One. Four away wins on the spin is incredible for a new manager. You held the club together through the weirdest time any of us have known since 1986, playing through the summer in empty stadia with a squad largely assembled by the Dark Lord of anti-football.

I'm genuinely sorry it didn't work out for you - I'd have loved to see you achieve a ninth promotion and give the camera the ostrich-neck on promotion day. Your tactics didn't seem to fit with our players, the fans have little patience left after years of watching catenaccio performances, and I think we can all agree 2021 hasn't been a good year for you managerially.

Enjoy retirement for as long as it lasts, and if any of our fans boo you whenever you make your next visit to the Riverside, they're not speaking for me. I'll give you a cheer and a wave, and then revert back to hoping your new team (whoever it is) get absolutely tonked by a resurgent Boro as we fight for automatic promotion.

Yours etc.

P.S. Craig Johns is heartbroken. Send him a card at Christmas to let him know you remember the good times together.

• Like 5

Hey Colin - yer a...

Just kidding! 😁

Would like to echo the sentiments and thanks for keeping us in the Championship at a very difficult time. It can't have been easy.

I'm sure you gave it your all this season too, but for whatever reason, things just weren't working out. I'd suggest that, being in the game as long as you have, you've just become a bit too set in your ways and the players simply weren't able to do what you asked of them.

Anyway, hope you're able to enjoy your retirement - or if you decide to go into punditry, look forward to seeing you on TV. Wish you all the best whatever you end up doing...

If you have nothing nice to say it’s best to say nothing. So

At least you’re not Pulis 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

Thanks for keeping us up. Enjoy retirement.

Im so glad you Ronnie and Blacky have left. Absolutely hated watching you in games come up with the most basic subs. We are in a better place to kick on now.