oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, final thoughts and messages to our former boss...........

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up.  Your football was awful.  Your press conferences were worse.  You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

Thanks for being the person that kept us from relegation, a task anybody but Woody could manage with that team.  So what I really say is, thanks for not being Woody, I guess ...   

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them

Posted Images

2 hours ago, captainSK said:

He dangles the retirement card to give of this persona he will come back to the game for the love of the game.  

My impression is he does it to maximise one last cash in. 

Personally I'd rather have a more hungry and younger manager motivated by ambition rather than an old man who claims to be retiring for the last 5 years 

Agree with what you said but Warnock's been saying it for at least decade at this stage. 

14 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Agree with what you said but Warnock's been saying it for at least decade at this stage. 

Yep but thankfully I think the club saw through Warnock relatively quickly so they seem to be more switched on that what I feared. 

It's a lot different knowing someone than working with them if Gibson is supposed to be friendly with Neil. The way the departure has seemingly happened backs up my feelings that the club felt no obligation to pussy about with Warnock. He wasn't to be trusted with new signings again.

The man talks a good game but was here to simply top up his pension fund. 

Thanks but there's the door. 

Regardless of any thoughts on him, I disagree that Warnock was just in it for the money.

I'm fairly sure with the payouts he's had in the last few years alone, he didn't need to take the Boro job. I think the stuff about him having wanted to work with Gibson was true. And the way it ended at Cardiff for him was on a bad note, so I understand him having wanted another job where he could have a better sign off to his career. It's just a shame for all parties that he didn't finish his time here on a high either, after keeping us up last year.

Ronneh, it's Neil...yeah, wonderful thanks. I'm 'ere wi' Mick. Ronneh, they've only bloodeh gone and gi'in me Cardiff job after big mick left...yeah, Cardiff...Kevin n'all...yeah...*sharply puts hand over speaker*...Ronneh, yer can't say that now...no...he's from Malaysia or wunnur those places. Look 'ere, how fast can yer get tur Cardiff?...well what d'yer mean flytipping?...oh chuffin' 'eck Ronneh'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Regardless of any thoughts on him, I disagree that Warnock was just in it for the money.

I'm fairly sure with the payouts he's had in the last few years alone, he didn't need to take the Boro job. I think the stuff about him having wanted to work with Gibson was true. And the way it ended at Cardiff for him was on a bad note, so I understand him having wanted another job where he could have a better sign off to his career. It's just a shame for all parties that he didn't finish his time here on a high either, after keeping us up last year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3843812/Football-manager-Neil-Warnock-called-corrupt-Parliament-accused-taking-money-players-team.html

image.png.c8350809bc7f185caa5b56a2818aab0f.png

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Literally says right there "no evidence of any truth to them" so we have no idea if that's Puncheon being salty about something or not.

Fair enough, that's your prerogative.  

Personally I'm glad he's gone after what I was told. 

9 minutes ago, captainSK said:

A lot of us are glad he's gone but I agree with these, I don't think it comes down to money. And even if it is, I think there's plenty of other, more public factors to his character whilst he's been here that have shown him up without having to go down that road.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

A lot of us are glad he's gone but I agree with these, I don't think it comes down to money. And even if it is, I think there's plenty of other, more public factors to his character whilst he's been here that have shown him up without having to go down that road.

Yes but but in fairness what really triggered me was hearing Warnock's public claims he had nothing to do with player negotiations and some Boro fans believing it. 

That alone galls me, let alone getting into the realms of what was discussed. 

It's then naturally makes it harder to view what was happening on the pitch on the backdrop of what was likely happening off it. As I said thankfully it's been cut short. 

Just now, captainSK said:

Yes but but in fairness what really triggered me was hearing Warnock's public claims he had nothing to do with player negotiations and some Boro fans believing it. 

That alone galls me, let alone getting into the realms of what was discussed. 

It's then naturally makes it harder to view what was happening on the pitch on the backdrop of what was likely happening off it. As I said thankfully it's been cut short. 

Frankly it doesn't bother me all too much. He shouldn't have been involved in any of it so what he's moaning about in this situation garners no sympathy from me whether I believe it or not.

I reckon there's a mixture of truth in it all between the two columns. I suspect he had a big hand in trying to sign a few and in situations like Payero, Sporar and Siliki's, his input was seemingly after the fact. Like him saying he had 'a chat with the lad' with regards to Payero and how he spoke to someone he knew in France about Siliki. I don't think we'd have changed tact all too much had he said no to those things. In the same breath, he moans he never got everything he wanted whilst acknowledging the club wants to do things differently. He knew the score and stuck around regardless. More fool him, if anything.

31 minutes ago, captainSK said:

In a completely fictional scenario non-related to Boro of course.... 🙄 Ever heard about a manager splitting cash with players for helping them meet certain terms within their contracts? e.g. meeting appearance quotas or youth teamers making first team appearances? 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, captainSK said:

In fairness Warnock might have done things behind the scenes but at the same time you’re constantly saying “from what I’ve heard” but not actually saying what you’ve heard or who told you.

I’m not implying that you should or have to give out that info but you have no proof to back up what you’re saying about him. 

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

In fairness Warnock might have done things behind the scenes but at the same time you’re constantly saying “from what I’ve heard” but not actually saying what you’ve heard or who told you.

I’m not implying that you should or have to give out that info but you have no proof to back up what you’re saying about him. 

I've not said anything specific about him

I don't have parliamentary privilege and an actual player who raised historical claims had to row back. 

All I'm saying is I've spoken to someone who was present in the room and I have zero reason not to believe him. 

I'm glad Warnocks visit to our club was short.