oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, final thoughts and messages to our former boss...........

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

In fairness Warnock might have done things behind the scenes but at the same time you’re constantly saying “from what I’ve heard” but not actually saying what you’ve heard or who told you.

It all stems from a phone call he received in the middle of the night from an anonymous source.  The mysterious stranger, speaking in a broad Irish accent, refused to divulge his identity, but claimed to have damning information about Neil Warnock's time at Boro.  "Neverbefore have we spoken" he said, "neverbefore have I been moved to expose as a charlatan, a Middlesbrough manager but now I must".  "Neverbefore have I heard of such corruption and foul play, and it has angered me greatly" before going on to give a detailed account of Warnock's many transgressions.  People can be cynical if they want to be, and we will probably never know the identity of this source, but I truly believe it comes from an impartial man who only wants the truth to be told, and has no axe to grind at all.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up.  Your football was awful.  Your press conferences were worse.  You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

Thanks for being the person that kept us from relegation, a task anybody but Woody could manage with that team.  So what I really say is, thanks for not being Woody, I guess ...   

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them

Posted Images

I think Warnocks more annoyed this doesn't look great on his CV if he did fancy another attempt to coin it at another club.  

When you listen to Warnocks interview again his nose is out of place he couldn't play on his friendship more with Gibson and he clearly wasn't given as much control on whom we signed as he wanted. A very wise move by the club as I can't say I'm privy to every players negotiation. 

On the titbit I was told I can only vouch for the club that this was a wise move and despite Warnock being pals with Gibson we've still publicly given him short shrift, which I suspect other potential clubs who may have be interested on Warnock will pick up on. 

Again I have criticisms of Gibson but he's been mugged off in the past via agents, players and managers so I suspect he's more wise to the tomfoolery that goes on. 

I logged onto this website after hearing Warnock's comments and hearing and seeing fans criticising the club, keeping in mind I heard in the summer what I heard. 

I'm a minor voice in the grand scheme of things but on this subject the club got it 100% right. 

UTB

• Like 4

So the things we know is there was a duel running transfer policy this season. Those for the future that Warnock didn’t have much to do with and the shorter term (and cheaper) Warnock signings. Towards the end of the transfer window he was talking about coming up with random names with his two coaches, I presume he was reaching out to former players, agents he knew and trying to get more of his own signings in. They were the ones they couldn’t get over the line, presumably because the club didn’t want to over pay and were driving a hard bargain - knowing they were short term assets. 

So I’m guessing if Warnock scuppered some deals it was those the club had identified and wanted to sign, rather than his own targets? And the club maybe scuppered some of Warnock’s deals! Sounds an unprofessional mess to be honest.  

• Like 1

Listen to the David Norris (Leeds) Under The Cosh podcast where he confirms Warnock accepts money for favours. He was very fortunate with the Sala enquiry there was not more made public about his past transfer deals.

19 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Listen to the David Norris (Leeds) Under The Cosh podcast where he confirms Warnock accepts money for favours. He was very fortunate with the Sala enquiry there was not more made public about his past transfer deals.

Like, sexy favours?

• Wow 1

Grateful for keeping us up and was a safe pair of hands during Covid and assisted with getting overpaid, underperforming wasters out the door at the end of their obese contracts. 

Unfortunately what followed in the Summer was a dogs dinner of a mess that should have been avoided. Running two parallel but opposed methodologies was never going to work for either the Club or the Manager. It's done now and best for all parties to move on. At least there won't be boo's and abuse if he comes back to the Riverside in the future.

The time was right as things had turned stale, much better for the parting to be now than before it turned vitriolic. Good luck to him in the future although I doubt it's the last football sees of him just yet.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Grateful for keeping us up and was a safe pair of hands during Covid and assisted with getting overpaid, underperforming wasters out the door at the end of their obese contracts. 

Wouldn't they have left if he wasn't the manager like?

16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Wouldn't they have left if he wasn't the manager like?

He still had to manage the malcontents, their baggage, their injuries and attitudes and all without begging the Club to offer them extended contracts.

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them at all.  So they were next to useless for us, we still had to pay them, and then Warnock get's credit for the fact that they left when their contracts ended?  I think you are being overly generous there to be honest, if not completely mental.

If you want an appraisal of his time here then I'd say the following;  He took a squad that was capable of finishing midtable to a midtable finish, without ever looking like he could challenge for a top six place.  He alienated some players, mismanaged others, and struggled to get the best out of anyone other than Bola, McNair, and Watmore.  Of the new signings, Crooks is on track to have about the same season as he had with Rotherham last season, Ikpeazu is on track to have the same season as he had with Wycombe last season.  Bamba to be fair has been a warrior, Peltier has done a job but no more than that, the others have all looked less than their ability suggests they should be.  He's also signed some absolute duds no matter what he might try to claim after the fact.  Even at the end of last season, when the season was long since over, he hardly picked any youngsters, and continued with some players who aren't even here now, which is *** poor forward planning. 

Finally, he lost more games than he won here, which is never a good sign for a manager.  His win percentage here is below Tony Pulis, Garry Monk, Aitor Karanka, Tony Mowbray, Steve McClaren, Bryan Robson, Lennie Lawrence, Colin Todd, Bruce Rioch, Jack Charlton, Harold Sheperdson, Stan Anderson, Bob Dennison, and then I gave up looking as we got towards WWII and earlier.*  Nobody can say with a straight face that he was harder done by than some of those names in terms of resources, support etc.  Some of them had it much worse and did better anyway, probably without trying to blame everything and everyone for whatever went wrong along the way.  

Absolutely delighted to see the back of him and his dour football.

*Not my stats, I found them online.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

So I’m guessing if Warnock scuppered some deals it was those the club had identified and wanted to sign, rather than his own targets? And the club maybe scuppered some of Warnock’s deals! Sounds an unprofessional mess to be honest.  

The problem is you cannot say for definite as to the exact reasons why a player may not have joined but as has been mentioned it's fair to say we weren't a success this summer under him.

I am aware of what was requested for certain of one potential which in the grand scheme of the wider market it frankly was a p1sstake. A massive p1sstake. 

Rightly or wrongly Warnock has a reputation at this stage of his career therefore persisting with Warnock after this summers performance in the market, plus our performance so far in the season was clearly enough to call time.

Warnock for me talks a good game for himself and tells people what they want to hear. As was mentioned earlier it sounds like Wilder was more honest about our present situation versus Warnock's nonsense he just needed two or more players and a bit more time to push for promotion. 

• Like 1