oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, final thoughts and messages to our former boss...........

Thank you.

Kept us up and in unprecedented times kept us in the division and just fell away from a play off push. 

Probably should have gone in the summer and I think all parties would have agreed to that if they knew how divided the club would be in trying to maintain the status quo and implement change at the same time.

I wonder what reputation Gibbo has the game now. I think the cracks in his leadership and his interference have been seen by a few managers now.

Disappointed it didn’t work out but Neil is now just another on a list of “successful managers with a great track record” that didn’t work out for Boro. 

Now it’s time to look to the future with Wilder a successful manager with a great track record.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up.  Your football was awful.  Your press conferences were worse.  You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

Thanks for being the person that kept us from relegation, a task anybody but Woody could manage with that team.  So what I really say is, thanks for not being Woody, I guess ...   

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them

Posted Images

Well, I'd like to echo the thanks for saving us from League 1 and guiding us through the worst of the pandemic. This season was probably a mistake, all round; since everyone knew you were leaving at the end of it, you'd become something of a lame duck.

I can understand the frustration of not being allowed to buy the players you wanted, but equally I can see the club's point , given the situation where the next manager might not want the same players. I'm pretty sure that this came to a head when the conversations started about January.

All in all, I wish you nothing but well. Your press conferences have been very entertaining and heartfelt and you could see genuine affection for some of the players who had flourished under you. Thanks also for giving some of our forgotten players (Dijksteel and Bola in particular) the chance to improve as much as they have.

Good luck and enjoy your retirement, if indeed that's what this is. 🙂

Morning, been lurking here a while but joined up to have my say on Warnock.

I've bit my tongue on Warnock but people needs to reign in their praise or that he wasn't given a chance. In my eyes he didn't deserve that chance based on what I heard.  

I'd thank him for keeping us up but from a direct source (I won't name names) there's no way he was the right man to build a club up around him, absolutely no chance. He's a relic from the old school. 

I have my criticisms of Gibson and the club but Warnock took the p1ss in the summer via player negotiations. 

It made us look smalltime versus competing clubs, absolute farce. As long as he lingered we wouldn't have signed decent quality so for me getting shot of him is a step in the right direction.  

• Like 2

Well Neil, 

Not the easiest task to keep the BORO up and it was a hell of a ride right down to the last game. I suppose you are wondering why so many are grateful for you doing your job, well that’s obviously neither SG or any of us fancied a spell in the wilderness. Just wondered if you realise, should you have departed then you may have had a statue erected or even a BORO chant. Well Neil you know what they say, one fix to many and its best we don’t recount this season. 

Neil do yourself a favour and lay to rest thoughts of come back because they hardly ever end with good results, well apart from Rocky. Retire gracefully with reputation in tact, enjoy the wealth accumulated and recite the stories of the funny and happy times. 

Good luck.. 

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up. 

Your football was awful. 

Your press conferences were worse. 

You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

You have no place in modern football. 

Your best moment as Boro manager was the day you left. 

Now let's never speak of this again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up. 

Your football was awful. 

Your press conferences were worse. 

You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

You have no place in modern football. 

Your best moment as Boro manager was the day you left. 

Now let's never speak of this again. 

Nice and positive NB4, love it. 😂

1 hour ago, captainSK said:

Morning, been lurking here a while but joined up to have my say on Warnock.

I've bit my tongue on Warnock but people needs to reign in their praise or that he wasn't given a chance. In my eyes he didn't deserve that chance based on what I heard.  

I'd thank him for keeping us up but from a direct source (I won't name names) there's no way he was the right man to build a club up around him, absolutely no chance. He's a relic from the old school. 

I have my criticisms of Gibson and the club but Warnock took the p1ss in the summer via player negotiations. 

It made us look smalltime versus competing clubs, absolute farce. As long as he lingered we wouldn't have signed decent quality so for me getting shot of him is a step in the right direction.  

Welcome and good first post.

Don't be a lurker come on in and join the fun?

• Like 1

Cheers, I may drift in and out now and again. 

I've not liked the direction of the club for a long time now and ultimately Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror if he's got the motivation for it. 

Woodgate was an awful choice and clearly never had the intelligence or the maturity to manage a modern football club in the Championship. Warnock I had misgivings on from the start which were backed up by what I heard in the summer. 

I can't stress enough how  cr@p it was therefore it comes as no surprise to me that he wasn't to be trusted again. Plus given his age he's simply not the man to rebuild around.

I do feel slightly positive around Wilder but he needs the club to become more professional in how it conducts business. The club really does have the image of being very amateur in player/agent circles at the moment and that needs addressing. 

I don't demand Gibson pumps in millions no questions asked but at least get the club on an even footing in terms of how it operates. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, captainSK said:

I've not liked the direction of the club for a long time now and ultimately Gibson needs to look himself in the mirror if he's got the motivation for it. 

Woodgate was an awful choice and clearly never had the intelligence or the maturity to manage a modern football club in the Championship. Warnock I had misgivings on from the start which were backed up by what I heard in the summer. 

I can't stress enough how  cr@p it was therefore it comes as no surprise to me that he wasn't to be trusted again. Plus given his age he's simply not the man to rebuild around.

I do feel slightly positive around Wilder but he needs the club to become more professional in how it conducts business. The club really does have the image of being very amateur in player/agent circles at the moment and that needs addressing. 

I don't demand Gibson pumps in millions no questions asked but at least get the club on an even footing in terms of how it operates. 

He's at least put a football man in charge of the day to day, that's a step in the right direction. There's never a question that Gibson desperately wants us to achieve not just as an owner but as a fan, sometimes even too much which leads him into bad decisions. Here's hoping that most of the decision making has been taken out of his hands and we can start running a stable and successful club.

• Like 1

im going to go from one extreme to the other with my thoughts. i will be forever thankful to NW for the rescue act he did in his initial half season. he took over from the much warned about suicidal appointment of Woodgate that was hurtling down its inevitable path to div 1, which says more than enough about the disrespect Gibson has for anyones opinion but his own,which btw, is an issue that needs to be adressed before we move forwards consistantly.

in complete contrast, his follow up contributions have turned us into complete also-rans at this level which is a step below what we should be, worse of all, the fans are disinterestedand apathetic, theres little or no game plan or system. and to be frank, i didnt get the impression that he totally bought into the team or the area, due to this we were crying out for change of manager if for no other reason than to spread some optomism and hope to the supporters. I, Personally got that with Scott coming in and to a bit lesser extent,Wilders appointment, but i struggle to see the two of them being a good fit with each others  beliefsand ideas. 

im relieved weve parted company but forever thankful for the early results.

Not that you’ll read this Neil..

But you came in and did a job and for that I will be for ever thankful. I was willing to give you a full season, but even with the likes of Kebano and Bolasie, your football was trash. I really wish it had worked out for us, but your tactics highlight how the game has moved on. 

This season when watching us play Cardiff, I counted we strung 8 passes together in total. That’s embarrassing and not enjoyable, but hey, we got 3 magic beans. Just a shame that against *checks notes* ‘better’ teams, we got absolutely found out. 

You moaned about not getting specific players, but after the dross you brought in, why would you get more? I’m glad your deflection games will not out in full force, because this season has ultimately been horrible. Forget injuries and the oh poor me story. It won’t wash. 

it’s a relief you’ve gone but I do wish you a happy and well earned retirement. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, captainSK said:

Spill. The. Beans.