oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, final thoughts and messages to our former boss...........

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Spill. The. Beans.

I'm being careful what I put but I suspect you can make an accurate guess. 

The simple fact is the kind of players we need or need to compete for weren't going to put up with sh1te like that. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any competent manager would have kept that squad up.  Your football was awful.  Your press conferences were worse.  You set the club back a few years by staying on as long as you did.

Thanks for being the person that kept us from relegation, a task anybody but Woody could manage with that team.  So what I really say is, thanks for not being Woody, I guess ...   

He didn't manage them though did he?  Can never really understand that point when it's made.  We had players whose contracts ended and they left.  During the season he couldn't get a tune out of them

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Assuming you mean the “take it or leave it” attitude Warnock seemed to have with our top targets?

I'd say it stretches back a lot further than Warnock, we've had troubles getting players to sign on the dotted line for years, reported troubles with agents etc...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd say it stretches back a lot further than Warnock, we've had troubles getting players to sign on the dotted line for years, reported troubles with agents etc...

The reported troubles with agents are pretty well known, Steve Gibson really dislikes them!

3 minutes ago, Foogle said:

The problem for Boro now is in the Championship or even League one teams you've got serious competition for players and they just aren't slick enough to get players in. 

It wasn't too bad when we could pass ourselves off as a yo yo club with that chance of promotion but at the moment we aren't in that position. So for Warnock to go about things the way he did didn't exactly entice players to want to join us at all. 

How I've heard how the Academy has been run since Karanka as well doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that we are getting what we could potentially be getting from it. The nurturing of talent needs vast improvement. For a long time now the first team squad members can just swan around adding little to the club as a whole. 

6 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Your football was awful. 

Your press conferences worse. 

You set the club back staying as long as you did.

You've no place in modern football. 

You scumbag, you maggot,

Your best moment as manager was the day that you left.

...The boys of the NYPD choir,

still singing Galway Bay,

And the bells are ringing out,

For Christmas day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, if we're going to say goodbye to NW in verse rather than prose...

In the 17th century, the Japanese created haikus to say everything that needs to be said in just 17 syllables (5/7/5). For instance:

"Old man was the boss

Every game was pretty bad

Hope he stays retired."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Assuming you mean the “take it or leave it” attitude Warnock seemed to have with our top targets?

You might have to fill me in on that. With who? When? I thought he said he wasnt even involved in negotiations with our targets.

22 minutes ago, Leesider said:

You might have to fill me in on that. With who? When? I thought he said he wasnt even involved in negotiations with our targets.

Pure nonsense.  Again no names but Warnock's conduct helped put off two targets and I have no reason to doubt what I was told. 

Cmon, the idea the manager had zero to do with negotiations is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, captainSK said:

Pure nonsense.  Again no names but Warnock's conduct helped put off two targets and I have no reason to doubt what I was told. 

Cmon, the idea the manager had zero to do with negotiations is ridiculous. 

So pure speculation. OK

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Leesider said:

So pure speculation. OK

As are Warnock's outlandish claims. 

Who otherwise did or would have met these players then? It's somewhat farcical they wouldn't at all talk with the manager they'll be playing under 

3 minutes ago, captainSK said:

As are Warnock's outlandish claims. 

Who otherwise did or would have met these players then? It's somewhat farcical they wouldn't at all talk with the manager they'll be playing under 

I would imagine the recruitment team might have had a say. Gibbo calls the shots with Bausers assistance surely.  Cant imagine anybody putting up with the managers attitude putting players off. Sorry didnt mean to dismiss you & your contacts info.

Indeed but for Warnock to say his input was non-existent throughout the summer and met not one singular potential signing is simply not correct.

I know for a fact he met with two players and it was in regards to negotiations. I find it hard to believe the club was in the dark about these meetings.

Obviously I don't know the in's and outs of every meeting with every player but I have input from someone who was in the room and Warnock's conduct was not fantastic. As I said I find it no surprise he's gone and frankly if his nose was put out of place in the manner in which the club informed him, well I can forgive the club on that one too. 

• Like 1