oneBoro Forum

Chris Wilder - The full lowdown

5 hours ago, Pork Slops said:

I'd be surprised if it wasnt Coburn who got the first crack at it, hes the only player I recall Wilder directly mentioning in his first interview.

I would like to see Uche and Coburn play together. Absolute handful for any defence to deal with them two. Especially with 2 wingers getting crosses in regular.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning everyone. I'm a Sheffield United supporter and have seen with interest that you've appointed Chris Wilder. I'm a season ticket and have been for the last 20 years, and I'm a regular at mo

Just saw this one on Twitter... Before Wilder, Boro created more than 3.0 xG twice in 200 games. Wilder has done it in six. 

Just for balance, I had my booster 3 weeks ago and had a slightly sore arm for a few hours, but that was all, don’t let any possible side effects put you off, they are quite rare. 

3 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

With this many games left mathematically it cannot be zero

29 games left x 0 points = 0 chance of promotion

The maths works no matter how many games left 🙄

29 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I would like to see Uche and Coburn play together. Absolute handful for any defence to deal with them two. Especially with 2 wingers getting crosses in regular.

Personally Coburn is too injury prone, and Uche is too slow to play a lead role. 

I wonder if we can make a kind of half challenge for the play offs like we did when Karanka first took over.
The one thing I’m looking forward to most is (hopefully) FINALLY seeing us doing some quick pass and move stuff, I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen it from a boro team, even under Karanka we played pretty slow football.

2 minutes ago, Rat catcher said:

Personally Coburn is too injury prone, and Uche is too slow to play a lead role. 

At Sheffield it seemed like Wilder wanted one forward that could press and link play like McGoldrick but not necessarily a brilliant goal scorer, Matt Crooks could probably fill that roll. Then another Forward who's a dedicated goalscorer which could go to Sporar or Coburn. A lot of SUs goals in the Championship came from overloads outwide and putting balls into the box which I think would suit the forwards we've got.

24 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

29 games left x 0 points = 0 chance of promotion

The maths works no matter how many games left 🙄

with that assumption you are correct.  ................................ but even with Warnock that was never going to be the case

With Wilder it could even be 29 x 3 =87  (every chance ?)

Realistically it will be somewhere in between but it gives you an indication of how highly Blades fans rate Wilder.  That the important point, surely

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

0 x 10 = 0?

If my secondary school maths serves me right 🤓

It wasnt zero to begin with!! We are 4 points off the play offs, Judging by some of the comments on here we are cut off  adrift at the bottom.

If Scott can improve the recruitment, we are still in with a great chance. Payero, Sporar & Siliki have been disappointing so far to be honest, Payero- 1 good game,  Sporar- 3 Goals from 10 & Siliki a bit part player so far. Hopefully things will improve with  players that the recruitment team & Wilder can agree on & work with. Not saying for a second they are poor signings but they havnt set the world on fire so far. Ironically enough the obvious Warnock signings have been far better, Bamba, Peltier & Crooks & Uche to a lesser extent have been excellent.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Leesider said:

It wasnt zero to begin with!! We are 4 points off the play offs, Judging by some of the comments on here we are cut off  adrift at the bottom.

If Scott can improve the recruitment, we are still in with a great chance. Payero, Sporar & Siliki have been disappointing so far to be honest, Payero- 1 good game,  Sporar- 3 Goals from 10 & Siliki a bit part player so far. Hopefully things will improve with  players that the recruitment team & Wilder can agree on & work with. Not saying for a second they are poor signings but they havnt set the world on fire so far. Ironically enough the obvious Warnock signings have been far better, Bamba, Peltier & Crooks & Uche to a lesser extent have been excellent.

That should hopefully change when those players are put into a more modern system and style of play. Warnock chose those players who have played better and that's down to the fact that he knows what works in his style of play.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

That should hopefully change when those players are put into a more modern system and style of play. Warnock chose those players who have played better and that's down to the fact that he knows what works in his style of play.

Absolutely correct, I guess in hindsight it just couldnt work, Maybe if Warnock did get those 3 more of his type of players  playing his way, it might have been a different outcome. We will never know. Anyway its irrelevant now.

Onwards & upwards. UTB

10 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I certainly agree with this. I do have a more positive outlook for Boro under this new management. I personally don't expect much from this season unfortunately. The proof in the pudding is the summer transfer window to see if recruitment improves.

It would help enormously if Chris can scrape us into the playoffs. 

• Like 1
Just now, Leesider said:

Absolutely correct, I guess in hindsight it just couldnt work, Maybe if Warnock did get those 3 more of his type of players  playing his way, it might have been a different outcome. We will never know. Anyway its irrelevant now.

Onwards & upwards. UTB

For once I think we got it right as a club, thinking about it long-term rather than appeasing the current manager. Even if we would've been performing better with 3/4 more Warnock players, what good would it do 9 months down the line when he's retired. Wilder looks like a manager who would enjoy working with the players mentioned and hopefully the club having some sort of overall direction from front to back leads us to better results.

If Wilder and his staff can attach Tavernier's head to his skillful body, we will have a really powerful weapon in him. 

I look forward to see which players this set up can get a tune out of ... I will not write off any players; not even Howson as a CM ... 

A new manager can change a lot regarding to player's will, determination and morale.

• Like 2