oneBoro Forum

The Dawn of a new Era?

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Does anyone Know If Leo is still on board?

I dont know for certain, but Im very much thinking that when Leo returned to us after the accident he was told he has a job for life here in some capacity.......his affection for the club and the area is infectious and his loyalty and passion are qualities that money cannot buy, these are the things that you want to keep at the club as long as you can and are a rare thing in the modern game.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I wonder if changing the Management Team is going to change anything?

In time, yes. By next weekend, no.

My hope is we become increasingly entertaining to watch this season, and have a proper crack at promotion next season. Other than the usual new manager bounce, it's unrealistic to think Wilder can work wonders with a thin squad of someone else's players when so many of those players are riven with injuries, especially after years of being drilled in the ways of anti-football by a succession of managers.

Dialling out that dogma will take a while, and the best thing we fans can do is not clog up internet forums and the BBC Tees phone-in every week moaning that performances aren't immediately better. (Though I hope for an immediate improvement in tactics and substitutions, at least).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

My hope is we become increasingly entertaining to watch this season, and have a proper crack at promotion next season. Other than the usual new manager bounce, it's unrealistic to think Wilder can work wonders with a thin squad of someone else's players when so many of those players are riven with injuries, especially after years of being drilled in the ways of anti-football by a succession of managers.

Dialling out that dogma will take a while, and the best thing we fans can do is not clog up internet forums and the BBC Tees phone-in every week moaning that performances aren't immediately better. (Though I hope for an immediate improvement in tactics and substitutions, at least).

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out in that regard. I think it's arguably part of the reason we've made the decision now, to try and rescue the remainder of this season and give Wilder 6 weeks worth of games going into January and giving him the full window to try and make some changes.

Similarly, my belief is the promotion aim really begins in the summer. I feel like the club want to make sure we give it as good a go as possible this season whilst acknowledging its not the worst thing in the world not to reach that target this time round. I'm happy enough with that so long as we start to show signs of improvement on the football front between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

The best thing we fans can do is not clog up internet forums and the BBC Tees phone-in every week moaning that performances aren't immediately better. 

Best of luck with that!! The knives will be out before December if things dont go our way. 

• Like 1

Hoping for a consistency in both performance and shape, once we find one that works for us. Tactics that play to our strengths and opposition weaknesses.

It may take a few weeks and we will need a few players but here's to the future.

Sir ...  there are things that should be left unsaid in public arenas ..  and that is one of them..  Almost on a par with Timmy Mallett, Middle of the Road, Little Jimmy Osmond and Musical Youth ... go and wash your mouth out