• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

RACIST!

BAN HIM FROM THE FORUM!!!

...until he's done a rehabilitation course and made a public apology for using such disgusting language. 🙃

• 5 months later...

I really hope the rumours of Wilder leaving are nonsense, but hearing him refusing to rule it out (twice) in the post-match press conference is concerning, to say the least.

If he does leave, (a) will he be missed based on what we've seen so far, and (b) who could we consider to replace him?

Announces he’s here for the long term upon arrival and jumps ship at the first call of a (going down) premier league side with big cash, used us as a shop window and won’t be missed 

If he is only contracted until the end of the season it could just be that he is keeping his options open. I imagine he will be negotiating his next contract with us right about now, and will probably want some kind of assurances regarding a transfer budget. He will have a good idea by now exactly where we need to improve, and the players he will want.

Let's face it even if he joins Burnley and they do get relegated, their transfer budget is still likely to be bigger than ours.

Trying to look at it from a neutral perspective I just can't see why on earth you go from Boro to Burnley. 

We have some really good young players coming through, Burnley are a ageing poor squad. They didn't spend any money in the prem so I'd be really surprised if they spent anything after getting relegated. In fact I can see Burnley doing a bit of a Sunderland. I'd say our transfer budget will be higher than theirs after selling Spence or whoever.   

• Like 1