• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

It’s strange that he’s even in the running with the bookies, let alone favourite. When the Everton job came up I remember a few journalists saying Wilder would be perfect but as he’d just joined us there was no chance. He was never mentioned in the betting odds. Never going to happen. For him to be favourite while we’re two points off the playoffs and he’s been here less than a season is a sign in itself IMO. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

The Norwich manager or just some bloke Dean that you know from down the pub?

Bloke from the pub. He was good at championship manager.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It’s strange that he’s even in the running with the bookies, let alone favourite. When the Everton job came up I remember a few journalists saying Wilder would be perfect but as he’d just joined us there was no chance. He was never mentioned in the betting odds. Never going to happen. For him to be favourite while we’re two points off the playoffs and he’s been here less than a season is a sign in itself IMO. 

Relatively small amounts can effect next manager markets. It’s only really an indicator of where money has been place. Out 5k on someone and they will be the bookies favourite.

1 minute ago, Donnyboro said:

You’ll not get £5k on a manager market 

I know it was just an example.

Normally you struggle to get a couple of hundred. I remember being told Howard Wilkinson had the Sunderland job ahead of time and couldn’t get 500 on. Had to spread the odds and use different bookies. Still worth it though.

Betting odds mean nothing.

Post match comments leaving the door open do.

As for next manager, Gibson is due another appointment of disastrous proportions. Bamba as player manager sounds about right. 

34 minutes ago, LBP said:

To me it sounds like he's angry after an eye opening performance about a few players and just annoyed people keep asking him about Burnley job, makes no sense to join a relegated team imo

I'm confident he's here next season 

I agree I think he was being clever with his answer originally and he seems to have compounded it with another one.

14 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Relatively small amounts can effect next manager markets. It’s only really an indicator of where money has been place. Out 5k on someone and they will be the bookies favourite.

He started as the favourite though. Why would anyone in their right mind think he would be in the running? Just outside the playoffs and not even here a season, I don’t know who would think that’s a decent bet - none of us would have thought it possible 

15 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

He started as the favourite though. Why would anyone in their right mind think he would be in the running? Just outside the playoffs and not even here a season, I don’t know who would think that’s a decent bet - none of us would have thought it possible 

The rumour seemed ridiculous a few days ago.