• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

its mad that he's even concidering this (which he must be if hes not ruleing it out).

1.) hes only been here 6 months, if he leaves now, his rep will be in tatters as what club could take a manager seriously who's willing to walk 6 months in? also, It looks like we will have plenty of money to spend in the summer with 20+ mil likely to come in from the sale of spence. Other players like tav, fry etc might attract big bids which again could fund an exciting rebuild.

2.) more importantly, burnley are a nothing a club, apart from being in the prem they have very little to offer. Small fan base, old and outdated stadium and facilities, unattractive area to attract players to and the club also spends no cash, so are highly unlikley to back wilder with signings. (their net spend over the last 5 seasons is like 10 mil which pretty much the reason there going down).

IF wilder is entertaining this, something must have happened behind the scenes to cause it as on the face of it seem like a ridiculous switch to make.

also in terms of the rumour, i lean to towards the "no smoke without fire" side. Its such an odd link that i think that there has to be some truth to it. How often does a manager 6 months into a new job start as favourite for a new position? not just that, he hasnt dismissed it despite being given the option to twice, that speaks volumes to me.

these two facts combined suggest to me that he could be gone, i guess all we can do is watch this space

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 1

Whilst I am confident there is nothing in the Wilder to Burnley rumours, IF he did go it’s not all doom and gloom. 

We have a squad that could be rebuilt in any managers ideal dream. Spence money would leave us looking healthy and we have the core of some good players. 

oh and Marcelo Bielsa is available. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Whilst I am confident there is nothing in the Wilder to Burnley rumours, IF he did go it’s not all doom and gloom. 

We have a squad that could be rebuilt in any managers ideal dream. Spence money would leave us looking healthy and we have the core of some good players. 

oh and Marcelo Bielsa is available. 

I'd agree with this i don't think he will go. But if it were true it's arguably a better time to lose him now when we haven't invested massively yet in the project. Rather than 6 months time after the likelihood of some significant investment and find ourselves doing another squad overhaul of a Wilder squad.

11 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I'd just be worried that he'd get Burnley to fight it out with us for Connolly and Balogun in the summer 😟

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Who was the guy at Leeds that makes the signings?

Could do with someone like him here.

Like I said, Karanka will be getting sacked in 5 games or less, let's bring the band back together.

Only way I can wrap my head around him leaving for Burnley is if there's been a massive falling out behind closed doors. To the scale that Wilder feels he can't fulfil a long term project here. 

Depressing weekend regarding Boro, this uncertainty caps it off 😔