oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Only way I can wrap my head around him leaving for Burnley is if there's been a massive falling out behind closed doors. To the scale that Wilder feels he can't fulfil a long term project here. 

Depressing weekend regarding Boro, this uncertainty caps it off 😔

I know that there is the never say never in football but I would be stunned if he left and even more stunned that he would join Burnley. 

He can only be backing himself to keep Burnley up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

I told you lads hes gone. I'd hope to hear something tomorrow rather than delay.

Yeah you keep saying with absolute *** all to back it up with mate, keep going though, it’s amusing. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Even if he doesn't go, the way he has handled it all has been nothing short of catastrophic. 

This, I thought he was better than this and it spoils what was otherwise a really good start to his time here. His honeymoon period is over and it’s all his fault. 

I can’t get my head around this.  Been out of most of the day so playing catch up, I’m also still to watch the post match presser. 
I would be annoyed if he’s going.

What the hell has happened For the project to fail, he was really positive in all press conferences.  This was his ideal job and all that, I just can’t see what’s going on.  

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

This, I thought he was better than this and it spoils what was otherwise a really good start to his time here. His honeymoon period is over and it’s all his fault. 

He’s not really done anything wrong tho. Watch the post match presser. He sounded despondent, and I do believe he cares. The Burnley link is an unwanted distraction - add to this a number of random speculative internet rumours and that’s what’s spoiled it 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I can’t get my head around this.  Been out of most of the day so playing catch up, I’m also still to watch the post match presser. 
I would be annoyed if he’s going.

What the hell has happened For the project to fail, he was really positive in all press conferences.  This was his ideal job and all that, I just can’t see what’s going on.  

Nothing has happened other than the internet being the internet

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SimonD said:

He’s not really done anything wrong tho. Watch the post match presser. He sounded despondent, and I do believe he cares. The Burnley link is an unwanted distraction - add to this a number of random speculative internet rumours and that’s what’s spoiled it 

He’s failed to commit his long term future to Boro in two separate press conferences. You could probably let him off if it was only a one off but to do it twice when the question is directly asked, it doesn’t look good does it? He knew exactly what he was doing and saying. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Even if he doesn't go, the way he has handled it all has been nothing short of catastrophic. 

I'm disappointed in the comments myself but take a step back and you'll realise it really isn't catastrophic. The problem isn't that he has said he's thinking of leaving, it's that he hasn't given a direct answer and said he isn't interested. From there, everybody has assumed that means he isn't committed to us and catastrophised those few comments on the situation that he has made.

The rest of his media reaction is all about the game and as he always has, he goes into it with the detail and analysis of a committed Chris Wilder. Which is contrasting to the belief everyone is taking from the comments, or lack thereof, that he has made. He's even made comments about the medium and long-term in his post-match interview which seems to get glossed over by a decision people think he might be making as a result of not really saying anything.

There really is just a chance that he's handled it poorly and not realised what was going to happen when he did. Or at least, he's so *** off with what's happened during the game that he doesn't really care what people are going to say in the aftermath of his comments. That's not catastrophical, in my eyes.

Walking out on the team and not turning up for the next game, that was a catastrophe and one that one of our former managers never really recovered from with the fans, despite getting us promoted. And people frankly didn't care about that at the time he took us up, it was only when things went really wrong at the top level that those things came back to haunt him.

• Like 1