oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

But if he does leave us for them right now, he'll be lower than Warnock and pulis for me. 

Absolutely. Cretinous would be a nice way of putting it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

But if he does leave us for them right now, he'll be lower than Warnock and pulis for me. 

He'd be as low as anyone can get. Going to them in the summer would be bad, going to them with us 2 points off the playoffs and having been given everything he wants would be on a different level.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Will said:

I want to believe it's a load of ***. Just come at a really bad time for us with the Wilder stuff as well. 

11 minutes ago, Will said:

I want to believe it's a load of ***. Just come at a really bad time for us with the Wilder stuff as well. 

I fear Gibson will revert to type if this news is true.

Spoke to a few staff members and none of them have a clue if it's true or not. 

Karma looks like it might happen and it will be intresting to see how he reacts as promotion can still be achieved.

Gibson is ruthless. If talks have been had regarding Scott and Wilder then he will act as he won't tolerate that even though yes that's hypocritical of how we acted by appointing Wilder. Scott did the ground work on Wilder appointment.

Either way Wilder has tarnished his reputation with some of the fan base and we all know once thst happens, it usually turns sour.

I for one hope Wilder stays along with Scott. More so Scott than Wilder because having the structure of Head of football is more important for the football club especially as Gibson had finally accepted he needs some help managing the club. Head of football gives then we are back to square one with Gibson making decisions and that it was I am afraid off.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Wilder's agent has just stated on twitter that there is absolutely no truth in the Wilder story. Make of that what you will.

To be clear, he has only rubbished the Simon Jordan story as far as I have seen.

14 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

To be fair, Scott wasn’t here in the summer so JLS, Payero and Sporar aren’t on him. @Lurkerconfirmed that he was under contract at Norwich and not involved in any of our summer business. 
But for me this is about having a structure in place, someone running the football side of things so we don’t jump from Monk to Pulis to Woodgate to Warnock. If we lose our DoF and the manager he brought in within a season to Burnley, Gibson will lose faith in that as a system and revert to type. 

I know he wasn't officially but there was plenty of speculation at the time that he was "unofficially" overseeing things before his arrival. Maybe he wasn't involved but the January window hasn't exactly been a ringing endorsement. I still think it's very early days for him and for the role but I doubt he will be desperately missed at this stage. The Structure should still be in place regardless of personnel, that was always the point of it. Rather than lose faith with it SG should see it as an indication of it being envied by other Clubs so therefore despite the disappointment it should be seen as a positive rather than a negative.

My concern is that the damage is now already done. Managers walk a PR tightrope these days and some of the comments above will be hard to delete from memory for many fans if he stays now, especially since this lack of rebuttal comes during a tough spell of results when for the last few months its looked like play-offs were nailed on. Once the air turns cold its hard to turn it warm again. You can just imagine how people will react to a few poor performances between now and May after this 'silence', even if he doesn't go.

Have to say I think this may only be going one way, hope I'm wrong, and I'll be over it pretty quickly but will be a bit disheartening having to bring in an 8th permanent manager in little over 5 years!

Edited by atypical_boro
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Will said:

He'd be as low as anyone can get. Going to them in the summer would be bad, going to them with us 2 points off the playoffs and having been given everything he wants would be on a different level.

I wouldn't blame him too much if he went with them confirmed to be in the premier league next season and we have missed out of play offs. Still crap but an understandable move for his career and gives us the summer to reorganise.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I really can't see Scott leaving for Burnley. Would he have massive amounts more money to spend? Have a look at their squad. Regardless of division it's a mammoth task to rebuild that squad. And would he want to switch the current owner with a foreign and more volatile owner. He's probably got a perfect job here. And come the summer our squad is a lot better balanced and with the sale of Spence he'll have a lot of cash to get the right personel in. If he wants more money we have plenty of sellable assets. On the other hand, if Burnley stay up I can see the lure. But I doubt they will.

Exactly!

Burnley have always operated on a shoestring budget and the sum total of their ambition is not to get relegated.

Then you've got the new owner - typical clueless American who seems to know nothing about English "soccerball". If he's anything like the Glazers, they aren't going to suddenly find themselves swimming in dollars.

I'd agree Boro look a more interesting prospect, from a professional / job satisfaction point of view.

5 minutes ago, locoman1958 said:

that video suggests to me Mr Wilder is saying you don't have to ask me because its a load of rubbish and I'm not going anywhere ! all getting our knickers in a twist over nothing !

Perhaps, but Simon Jordan reckons he's been spotted at Burnley matches in the recent past too, adding fuel to the fire. Obviously this could easily be untrue though.

19 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If he just up sticks and jumps along with Wilder then we were building on shaky foundations anyway. The DOF/Sporting Director role can be filled with someone with the same objectives just like every other role in a business.

I recall Webber was put on Gardening leave by Huddersfield in the March when he was approached by Norwich. As we saw only yesterday Huddersfield have managed to recruit both Players and a Manager since then without breaking the bank that is good enough to challenge at this level. Scott being Webber's understudy at Norwich led us to poach him away to us hoping to emulate the Carrow Road practice of unearthing cheap gems. With new owners now at Burnley Scott may be being poached again to return to Turf Moor. 

I can imagine Warnock having a little chuckle to himself at all the shenanigans. I can also imagine him offering SG a four game sticking plaster and oh the irony if he got us into the Play Offs and then promoted.

I'd love this 😍