oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

Just now, Humpty said:

The Echo and The Gazette released almost identical wording. They've quite obviously been sent an email from the club.

If the Echo have said something I'd say that carries more credibility unless they are just re reporting stuff from elsewhere in fear of being last.

Bottom line is that there is a very simple, straightforward solution to all of this. Dripping stories out of third party sources is not the way to handle it. Very poor fayre from the Club and especially Wilder himself, it's not too much to ask that the love and support he has enjoyed since he took over is reciprocated. Things like honesty and integrity are not difficult to aspire to, fudging them with ambiguity isn't a good look.

The longer the farce drags on the more damage he is doing to his reputation and the levels of trust he has built with the fanbase and he knows that, he has been in football long enough.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If the Echo have said something I'd say that carries more credibility unless they are just re reporting stuff from elsewhere in fear of being last.

Bottom line is that there is a very simple, straightforward solution to all of this. Dripping stories out of third party sources is not the way to handle it. Very poor fayre from the Club and especially Wilder himself, it's not too much to ask that the love and support he has enjoyed since he took over is reciprocated. Things like honesty and integrity are not difficult to aspire to, fudging them with ambiguity isn't a good look.

The longer the farce drags on the more damage he is doing to his reputation and the levels of trust he has built with the fanbase and he knows that, he has been in football long enough.

Club can't do much if they don't know his true thoughts. Maybe they should say nothing, but it all feels a bit like the Tomlin situation in that they're saying what they know as current facts (even if they don't have all of them), or going further back, the Ziege/Emerson situations where they would publicly state said players weren't going anywhere but deep down we all knew fine well they'd be off once the right package was agreed.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CWC said:

Having a read of some of this guys responses in this thread doesn’t really fill me with confidence. 

I know he’s stated he’s not his agent but he’s involved with those that represent Wilder. 

Might we have a #NoBidsForTomlin situation on our hands…

That all seems to have backfired on him pretty quickly!

33 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

With his agent denying it now does anyone reckon this story has hurt wilders reputation with the fans at all 

Too early to say for me.

I'd want to see how this rumour started, by who and why. Or if it was just some very bad timing plus some crossed wires.

I actually saw the video of him shutting down the sky reporter as him being *** off that he’s been asked about it. I definitely didn’t get the vibe that he was going it was wanting to leave. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The only reason this farce will drag on now will be due to the fans that won’t let it go. The Gazette have came out and said there’s nothing in it. There, case over. Get on with the football now. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Too early to say for me.

I'd want to see how this rumour started, by who and why. Or if it was just some very bad timing plus some crossed wires.

The rumour started from boro fans, who in my opinion have drastically overreacted to Wilders comments. Social media embraced it as it always does and gave journalists and show presenters a chance to add fuel to the fire, and add there two cents. 

The gazette have shut it down within 24 hours so as far as I’m concerned, forget it, move on and concentrate on the football. 

• Like 5
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

The only reason this farce will drag on now will be due to the fans that won’t let it go. The Gazette have came out and said there’s nothing in it. There, case over. Get on with the football now. 

So suddenly the Gazette are now back in with the Club after years of being a pariah and its all the fans fault for not letting it go?

The fans quite rightly will not let it go because they are either being lied to or being treated with contempt and disdain by the Manager they have given overwhelming support to. There was a very simple two letter word to put all this to bed yesterday and 24 hours later it is still festering because the individual himself has decided to play games. Unfortunately the longer it goes on the more deafening his silence becomes. Boro fans are not mushrooms and deserved far more respect from Wilder. 

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

The rumour started from boro fans, who in my opinion have drastically overreacted to Wilders comments. Social media embraced it as it always does and gave journalists and show presenters a chance to add fuel to the fire, and add there two cents. 

The gazette have shut it down within 24 hours so as far as I’m concerned, forget it, move on and concentrate on the football. 

The footballs just as crap aswell 😂

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah I do think it's telling that not one rumour seems to have come from the Burnley side - it's all Boro fans.

From what I can tell, they're more interested in talking about Knutsen and Kompany. 

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I actually saw the video of him shutting down the sky reporter as him being *** off that he’s been asked about it. I definitely didn’t get the vibe that he was going it was wanting to leave. 

Just been stubborn and stood his ground not playing the media game. It never turns out well though these days when you dont flat out deny something that was never happening haha

• Like 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Just been stubborn and stood his ground not playing the media game. It never turns out well though these days when you dont flat out deny something that was never happening haha

Yeah I can see that view, but the whole ‘you don’t even need to ask me’ is a pretty clear indication of it’s a pointless question so stop asking me.. maybe I’m hoping it more than believing it 🥴

• Like 1