oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

8 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

The only reason this farce will drag on now will be due to the fans that won’t let it go. The Gazette have came out and said there’s nothing in it. There, case over. Get on with the football now. 

If you replace Wilder with Tomlin it's the same article they wrote 2 hours before Tomlin was paraded at Bournemouth. 

Its dragging on too long. Wilder should have put it to bed. He will now just get asked again pre match for Swansea.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So suddenly the Gazette are now back in with the Club after years of being a pariah and its all the fans fault for not letting it go?

The Gazette have been back in with the club for a while now.

There's a reason that the club's Media View always includes the Northern Echo and Teesside Live even if there are no other outlets included.

They were also granted 24 hours of exclusivity for every Neil Warnock press conference, before the interviews were fully released to the general public.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

So suddenly the Gazette are now back in with the Club after years of being a pariah and its all the fans fault for not letting it go?

The fans quite rightly will not let it go because they are either being lied to or being treated with contempt and disdain by the Manager they have given overwhelming support to. There was a very simple two letter word to put all this to bed yesterday and 24 hours later it is still festering because the individual himself has decided to play games. Unfortunately the longer it goes on the more deafening his silence becomes. Boro fans are not mushrooms and deserved far more respect from Wilder. 

The club use the Gazette when it is convenient for them, the Gazette take anything they get because it is the only way they can survive. As I said earlier, articles like todays from the Gazette I read as an unofficial club statement, they are directly referencing answers they have received from the club, it isn't idle speculation.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The fans quite rightly will not let it go because they are either being lied to or being treated with contempt and disdain by the Manager they have given overwhelming support to. There was a very simple two letter word to put all this to bed yesterday and 24 hours later it is still festering because the individual himself has decided to play games. Unfortunately the longer it goes on the more deafening his silence becomes. Boro fans are not mushrooms and deserved far more respect from Wilder. 

Never said it was the fans fault, only that it will drag from now on because of them.
Wilder could have and probably should have handled the situation better. Only reason there’s been the outrage is because of our recent form. If we were flying and he made them comments I doubt many would be that bothered. 

The gazette say what the club want them to say, rightly or wrongly. As others have said this will be as close as we get to an ‘official statement’ from the club. 

By all means interpret Wilders comments how you see fit, but I don’t think you aren’t helping the club. You are wanting some sort of apology which in my opinion isn’t really needed or warranted. The most reliable source we will get on the situation has basically said that you and many others have actually interpreted Wilders comments incorrectly, so not sure why this would need to go any further.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, edinboro said:

If you replace Wilder with Tomlin it's the same article they wrote 2 hours before Tomlin was paraded at Bournemouth. 

Its dragging on too long. Wilder should have put it to bed. He will now just get asked again pre match for Swansea.

That was about 6 years ago (?) and the relationship between the Gazette and club has changed since then. Common knowledge surely that the ‘hot topic’ subjects only get published with the clubs permission.

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Only reason there’s been the outrage is because of our recent form. If we were flying and he made them comments I doubt many would be that bothered. 

I think people would still have been bothered!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

You are wanting some sort of apology which in my opinion isn’t really needed or warranted. The most reliable source we will get on the situation has basically said that you and many others have actually interpreted Wilders comments incorrectly, so not sure why this would need to go any further.

I absolutely do not want an apology from anyone. An apology for what exactly? I (and thousands like me) would just like a straight answer to a straight question and so far all I have seen and read are twists and turns.

The Gazette's credibility is lower than a snakes belly. Sadly nobody looks to the Gazette anymore for news about Boro, especially since they have to seek permission for anything that might offend or upset MFC, that is not Journalism. Most of their articles are lifted straight from here for waffling filler discussion pieces because they literally have no news.

There is only one reliable source and he is seemingly unapproachable on the subject based upon the responses he has given more than once. Even his agency managed to screw up their tweet by being equally as evasive and non committal. How difficult is it to just unequivocally say No?

If Burnley double his salary and give him a watertight ten year contract then let him do what he wants and go if that is what he wants to do but stop squirming and slithering and using third parties, it's the classic act of someone covering something up and hiding from the awkward questions.

Wilder knows exactly the effect this has had and is continuing to have in what will be the most important four fixtures of the season. He singularly is creating barriers, disharmony and disunity when he should be building the exact opposite. He alone can resolve this in a matter of seconds, that he doesn't creates a vacuum filled with rumour and innuendo of his making.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The Gazette's credibility is lower than a snakes belly. Sadly nobody looks to the Gazette anymore for news about Boro, especially since they have to seek permission for anything that might offend or upset MFC, that is not Journalism. Most of their articles are lifted straight from here for waffling filler discussion pieces because they literally have no news.

I don't think that's fair. The Gazette clearly have direct connections straight into the club. In fact, I know they do. I see what you're getting at mind, they toe the line because they're so reliant on the information they get from the club. Pieces like that released today by Dom are straight from the club which is a better source than any other outlets have.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

Whilst we're at it can we close the Derby thread as well? 

Both will die a death I would imagine and this one about Wilder has been a clever ploy to turn our attention away from recent Boro results😗

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Wilder knows exactly the effect this has had and is continuing to have in what will be the most important four fixtures of the season. He singularly is creating barriers, disharmony and disunity when he should be building the exact opposite. He alone can resolve this in a matter of seconds, that he doesn't creates a vacuum filled with rumour and innuendo of his making.

See well for me, the situation is over. There’s been no barriers or disharmony created in my eyes towards Wilder. Not even close to be honest. 

In my honest opinion a large proportion of fans (which would include yourself) have massively overreacted to Wilders comments, but you are entirely entitled to your own opinion, and if you feel like Wilders took you for a ride then fair enough. 

The Gazette (even if you don’t like it) have squashed the rumours created by boro fans and Simon Jordan. 

That’s my take on it, and you can rightly have yours. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don't think that's fair. The Gazette clearly have direct connections straight into the club. In fact, I know they do. I see what you're getting at mind, they toe the line because they're so reliant on the information they get from the club. Pieces like that released today by Dom are straight from the club which is a better source than any other outlets have.

That's my problem with them I'm afraid, the Club just use and abuse them at will like a cat toying with a bedraggled sparrow with a broken wing knowing that it can't fly away. If it suits their bidding then MFC will "leak" something to them this way if it goes pear shaped it cannot be directly attributed to the Club.