• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Exactly, it's not like there's anything else going in the media at the moment around their vacancy. The local press' latest article, when I last looked, was just a big list of all the names on SkyBet. Media fuelling odds fuelling media fuelling odds fuelling... etc.

Indeed but for odds to shorten it means people have to be staking on it. There may be high amount of activity purely from his lack of clarification, but for them to shorten to him being odds-on it might be more than that.

Anyway, I hope he stays, but if he doesn't we have a good platform for a new manager to build on here.

37 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

The Wilder/Burnley situation is pure speculation, but even if Burnley are relegated the advantages they would have over us are, new owners investing in the club, transfer money available from the parachute payment to improve the squad, and Burnley are hardly laden with superstars but have some decent players,so the majority may decide that a new ambitious regime suits rather than jumping ship. 

This could be Burnley's hard sell to Wilder.

Im sure I’ve read that the new owners used money within Burnley’s accounts to finance part of the pay out to the previous owners. They’ve had to deny that the club was in difficulty a few times through a supposed inability to pay the instalments due to the old owners. Financial difficulties may not be true, but i doubt they are going to be putting money into club as opposed to hoping to make money out of club. A sort of mini Glazers?

Dyche has three years left on contract according to papers - at £5m a year salary. Even if they agree a much reduced payoff, that and the need to finance paying to own the club will eat into the parachute payments. Then again  there’s a fair rebuilding job to do there - squad is one of oldest in league and players like Mee, Tarkowski, Rodriguez and Vydra out of contract.

not too sure it’s that attractive a job.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Well, that bit is not quite clear I suppose.  He was asked the question a couple of times, and he chose, and it was a choice, not to give a direct answer.  Whether his reputation has been damaged I really don't know but that was something that did happen, and it is entirely down to him.  I think a straight bat was required there, and it is a little odd that he didn't play it.  Personally I think it might just be a case of someone trying to be clever, and failing.  A lot of managers do it, you get that *** managerial speak rather just being plain spoken and saying exactly what you think.

Problem is that nice you deny a rumour instead of trying to laugh it off or be clever with your answer, then you have to do same next time and time after that. First time you don’t, everybody immediately says you haven’t denied it so it must be true this time. I guess a lot of managers find it easier to be non-committal to some extent to prevent future problems.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Remember that fella that said he’s gone yesterday.   Ha ha..

He has priors for it.

To be fair, he was very clearly taking the *** when trying to talk in London slang.

"Mandem Wilder bleed clart"

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

No he doesn’t.

He just needs to concentrate on getting 4 decent performances out of the team. 

And if they are spiritless, hapless performances, what then? Which is why he needs to be proactive and clear the air now.

I truly belive Wilder is going nowhere.

Not sure why he has to say he isn't going to Burnley and respond to what is essentially speculation in the media. 

The club haven't had a formal approach from Burnley and would have to agree compensation with them. SG would play hardball if it ever gets to that point. 

Do I want him to go? No. Do I think he is the best manager we've had for years? Yes.

The Boro were here long before CW and we'll still be here long after he has gone. 

• Like 2