• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

And if they are spiritless, hapless performances, what then? Which is why he needs to be proactive and clear the air now.

If we lose the next 4 then questions need to be asked, I’m no Chris Wilder fan…but I don’t think that we will lose them because he’s been linked with the Burnley job and not commented on it. 

He’s pretty average as far as I’m concerned…not the worst manager we’ve had over recent years, but not the best either. He’s an improvement on our last few managers. My main frustration is that he’s too wedded to one system, a system that only suits the players when everyone is fit.

Still…there is always next season…👀☠️

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Juninho10 said:

Whatever lads, I posted in good faith. Believe it or don't believe it but you will see when he goes.

I am now questioning if forum rules have been broken again there are so many similarities to a previous member who was banned multiple times, keep a low profile for a while and then slip up badly with posting styles and asserting yourself as the ITK go to man without actually giving clear proof.

Percentage wise you are right CW will eventually leave but let's go for a time to either confirm what you are saying or not.

When will CW leave the club and please give a straight answer.

Your days on here are numbered depending on the response you give.

If you are shown to be correct then I apologise

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Knutsen wasn't even on the shortlist yesterday, he was 10/1 a few hours ago and he's now 5/1.

That would certainly be a very interesting choice and if I was a Burnley fan I'd be a lot more excited by that. The work he has done in Bodø has been magnificent and the football they play is damn good. be interesting to see if he can bring that style and succes to a better league at a club that has been operating on completely opposite ethos for years. If Nixon is right (how am I saying that), that they were talking to someone in Europe then it's perfectly in line with odds on him suddenly shortening. But then again it doesn't take much for such a small market to shorten. It would make sense for him to move on now though. Their season has just started as they follow the calender year but their european adventures ended last week. 

The problem with the Wilder situation is that there's a lot of bad feeling now amongst the fans. If its a genuine misunderstanding then the club and Wilder need to come out and make it absolutely clear that he's 100% committed to us. 

If they don't this will fester, it felt like he had the whole fambase behind him a few weeks ago and that wouldn't have changed even with a few bad results. But now I don't think the fans will have a lot of patience if things start going wrong on the pitch. 

The situation can be repaired but its going to take a bit of PR work from Wilder and the club. 

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

I think Wilder is using this as a lever to ensure full support in the summer window.

If that's the case he's made a terrible mess of things. 

21 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The problem with the Wilder situation is that there's a lot of bad feeling now amongst the fans. If its a genuine misunderstanding then the club and Wilder need to come out and make it absolutely clear that he's 100% committed to us. 

If they don't this will fester, it felt like he had the whole fambase behind him a few weeks ago and that wouldn't have changed even with a few bad results. But now I don't think the fans will have a lot of patience if things start going wrong on the pitch. 

The situation can be repaired but its going to take a bit of PR work from Wilder and the club. 

Something tells me he's not the type to do that. We will see in the presser on Friday, but I'd imagine the first journo who mentions the subject will wish they hadn't. 

For what it's worth, I don't think Wilder is Burnley's no.1 choice. And I'm always more inclined to believe a rumour when it's coming from both clubs - even texts from mates, Twitter gossip stuff. Like Fulham hijacking Muniz, was coming from both sides. Burnley fans seem to want Knutsen and think its him.

All will be forgotten with two wins on the trot. If the rest of the season is a car crash and Burnley still haven't made an appointment though... Then it could go sour.

I also think we will do this all again in three weeks when Hodgson is fired at Watford. 

18 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I actually saw the video of him shutting down the sky reporter as him being *** off that he’s been asked about it. I definitely didn’t get the vibe that he was going it was wanting to leave. 

yeah he comes across to me as someone who is very *** off and devastated how last few results have come from a team he expects more from, especially at home, that and I think he is also trying to get the board to back him as best they can in the summer, which if they were worried he may goto burnley may well put together a better war chest than if they thought he had things in the bag

15 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Im sure I’ve read that the new owners used money within Burnley’s accounts to finance part of the pay out to the previous owners. They’ve had to deny that the club was in difficulty a few times through a supposed inability to pay the instalments due to the old owners. Financial difficulties may not be true, but i doubt they are going to be putting money into club as opposed to hoping to make money out of club. A sort of mini Glazers?

Dyche has three years left on contract according to papers - at £5m a year salary. Even if they agree a much reduced payoff, that and the need to finance paying to own the club will eat into the parachute payments. Then again  there’s a fair rebuilding job to do there - squad is one of oldest in league and players like Mee, Tarkowski, Rodriguez and Vydra out of contract.

not too sure it’s that attractive a job.

they sound like the type of owners he was specifically wanting to avoid after dealing with sheff utd's owners. Which is the reason he reckoned he come here, I think only reason he would leave is if we had promised him more than we ever gave him and was directly our fault we didn't get what he needed. But from previous statements (and not like he would come out and say anything against it publicly anyways) he always come across as he was heavily involved in the recruitment. January never a good time to build a team anyways, your very limited who you can get as most people under contract and its mostly mis-fits that not going to play that are up for grabs.