• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

23 hours ago, atypical_boro said:

My thoughts really. Being a manager nowadays is as much about PR as anything else. He judged this one wrong, even if he has no intention of going anywhere. I certainly won't hold it against him, but can't help but feel the more negative cohort of fans might if results aren't up to scratch. He's just made his life a lot harder for no real good reason.

Exactly!

Even if he felt it was a stupid and unnecessary question, he could have said so and immediately squashed any further speculation by giving a definitive answer. Its not that hard.

Instead he just came across as a Fergie wannabe where, telling them what questions he will and won't answer.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If he was to go I would be looking at Daniel Farke who is currently unattached.  

I see where you're coming from, but we'd just have to ditch him if we got promoted.

7 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Dyche all day long.

In all honesty it would be interesting to see what he could do at a club with some ambition, willing to loosen the purse strings a bit.

It would just mean we kiss goodbye to re-signing Ben Gibson...

4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

He's now 1/3 to become Burnley manager haha. Who tf is still betting this 

Me.  I don't have any inside information though, I just wanted to keep the drama going on here.

30 minutes ago, bmt said:

If Wilder was to go…. Who would be a suitable candidate to replace him??? 

Daniel Farke and Reiziger are the standout, realistic options for me.

Reiziger would give us access to the Eredivisie market, with potentially Ajax and Manchester United loanees next season as well, with Ten Hag heading there.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If nothing is happening then there's no need for a public statement, IMO. But I would like it if he answered the question straight when asked.

There is something happening though, isn't there?  Boro aren't oblivious to what is being said on forums like this, on social media everywhere.  Wilder won't be oblivious to it either.  I'm a little surprised that the Gazette weren't given access to do a short interview with Wilder to knock it all on the head.  Of course you can't do that interview if there might be some truth to it all...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Hes a manager who will be in demand. Will they have to put a statement out every time a lower Premier league job comes up?

He was a bit daft in the press conference but the reaction is silly now. 

No but every time you have a manager linked to another job you are likely to want to say something about it.  Why wouldn't you?  I don't see any benefit to staying silent in that situation.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There is something happening though, isn't there?  Boro aren't oblivious to what is being said on forums like this, on social media everywhere.  Wilder won't be oblivious to it either.  I'm a little surprised that the Gazette weren't given access to do a short interview with Wilder to knock it all on the head.  Of course you can't do that interview if there might be some truth to it all...

nail on th ehead

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Unless of course CW thinks that he can keep Burnley up…I presume that is what the owners have in mind, why else would they have sacked Dyche?

I don't think they really know what they are doing.  With a handful of games remaining, and your stay in the Premier League on the line, you'd think you'd know who the next guy is before you sack the current one.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Juninho10 said:

I think you just need to heed my words, when you unravel and unwrap everything, a unicorn without its horn is just a horse.

I can't heed your words mate.  I've been fooled too many times before.  It's made be the cynical *** that I am today.