• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are our fans rooting for Burnley to get relegated just so it might meanWilder stays? 

Honestly could not give two f**ks about Burnley. Wilder should stay because he wants to stay.

Him staying just because Burnley come down simply means he will flirt with the next half decent club that is linked

I’m hoping they win to keep the relegation battle interesting.

The line starting to do the rounds in the press right now is that Burnley are hoping to appoint an interim manager until the end of the season and then decide on a long term manager in the summer.

If that's accurate, I definitely can't see Wilder leaving for an interim role without guarantees of a job.

Though I'd be far less confident after the end of our season, but the blow would be softened somewhat if we fail to make the play-offs as it had been in our hands so many times under Wilder.

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The line starting to do the rounds in the press right now is that Burnley are hoping to appoint an interim manager until the end of the season and then decide on a long term manager in the summer.

If that's accurate, I definitely can't see Wilder leaving for an interim role without guarantees of a job.

Though I'd be far less confident after the end of our season, but the blow would be softened somewhat if we fail to make the play-offs as it had been in our hands so many times under Wilder.

If they stay up I can see him going in the summer for prem football, that’s the only way now if they go down he won’t 

41 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Richarlison equalises for Everton in injury time!

Burnley are now 4 points from safety rather than 3.

Just need Southampton to batter Burnley tomorrow.

Personally Everton finally getting relegated would be funnier to me, although it would probably make our job harder next season if we don't go up

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Personally Everton finally getting relegated would be funnier to me, although it would probably make our job harder next season if we don't go up

The brief period where I was wanting Everton to drop over them was in the day after Dyche was sacked, but my dislike for Burnley returned rapidly for obvious reasons.

Obviously Everton going down is the funnier and more entertaining option from a neutral point of view, but I'm not neutral anymore.

Burnley won't stay up. They won't leave the relegation zone at any point between now and the end of the season.

To be brutal honest. There team is too ***. There's only so long you can hang onto your Premier League status with a lack of investment. Dyche worked wonders there. Even when they come down with parachute payments it's a huge job because you have to rebuild a squad with the average age of 30 and will lose some good players on free transfers too.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Richarlison equalises for Everton in injury time!

Burnley are now 4 points from safety rather than 3.

Just need Southampton to batter Burnley tomorrow.

Good night for Chris Wilder’s Burnley. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are our fans rooting for Burnley to get relegated just so it might meanWilder stays? 

Honestly could not give two f**ks about Burnley. Wilder should stay because he wants to stay.

Him staying just because Burnley come down simply means he will flirt with the next half decent club that is linked

Nope. People are (I think) routing for Burnley to get relegated if Wilder goes there before the end of the season. It would serve him right if he bails on us whilst we still have a (albeit slim) chance of getting into the playoffs and then gets relegated with his shiny new toy.

Wilder had a chance to build a legacy here. Instead, it seems he is likely to now be viewed as a traitor.  Even if there was nothing in the rumours initially, the way he has handled things means that he has lost a sizeable section of the fans. It seems from what Nunthorpe(?) posted yesterday that he may also have lost some of the players. Unless things are clarified soon and, he commits to the club, I think his position here will quickly become untenable because he has lost the trust. I wouldn't be surprised if there had already been problems behind the scenes coinciding with our nose dive in form, but do not have any evidence of this. 

Ultimately, if Wilder does not want to be here (and we do not know whether this is the case...) then it is best for both him and us if he goes. Otherwise things will just get more unsettled, like they did after Karanka's big tantrum.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, CWC said:

It’s not really the time for cryptic tweets, Anth…

Doesn’t Anth read forums as well, he would know the rumours and stress it’s caused surely he wouldn’t post something like this with bad connotations unless it’s Boro 

15 minutes ago, CWC said:

It’s not really the time for cryptic tweets, Anth…

He has now added a comment further down which says "blood soaked despots".  Given that Vickers tends to be pretty in touch with fans feelings, I suspect we are expected to read between the lines and assume it is a reference to Wilder and/or Burnley. 

Edit: just seen the clarification re Newcastle.