oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

55 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Chris Wilder has gone ... 

Down to the Pound Store to buy Aspirin, cause all these WUMs gives him a headache. 

bitch slap GIF

Thats for making me almost choke on my morning coffee! 😡

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Looking like all this guff has burnt itself out.

Someone increase the font size on this and print it out.

Succinctly well summarised Sir 👏

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Looking like all this guff has burnt itself out.

Or the calm before the Storm, no evidence either way?

What is clear is that it's a really poor way to manage a situation and prepare both the squad and the fanbase for the run in. If the information impasse continues and the performance on Saturday is uninspiring in the opening twenty minutes against Swansea will the fans be singing his name and cheering getting behind the lads or will it be flat as a fart or even worse? We shouldn't even be contemplating that after the incredible support Wilder has enjoyed since he arrived.

It's a situation that any experienced and mature Manager would never get themselves into, more so if there is absolutely nothing to it then what is there to gain in that scenario? 

Baseless assumptions based upon debateable evidence that perhaps does have some base (Wilder's tetchiness and avoidance). All mixed with a dollop of click bait sites and news bites from sources with little credibility that looks like playing for time rather than the genuine truth doesn't help. It is totally and utterly unnecessary and should have been put to bed on Monday, Tuesday latest. I'd be interested to know what the positives are from it?

Never knew Chris Wilder was a big fan of The Clash. My sources tell me "Should I stay or should I go" & "Career Opportunities" is blasting out his office stereo at the moment. Could it be a coincidence......

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Leesider said:

Never knew Chris Wilder was a big fan of The Clash. My sources tell me "Should I stay or should I go" & "Career Opportunities" is blasting out his office stereo at the moment. Could it be a coincidence......

If those songs are followed by "Burnley Calling" then we'll know for sure... 😉

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

If those songs are followed by "Burnley Calling" then we'll know for sure... 😉

He will go Straight to Hell after oneBoro White Riot 🤔

• Haha 2

CW tomorrow: "Like I said, not worth discussing. Let's talk about Swansea, you bunch of bedwetters."

I do think the 'long-term project' works both ways though... Fans are happy to give Chris time to sort things, accepting that building the team and style he wants will take at least a Summer, pre-season, full season, maybe more. So even if this was all guff, it wouldn't have hurt to offer reassurance that he is still on-board and we're in it together. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

CW tomorrow: "Like I said, not worth discussing. Let's talk about Swansea, you bunch of bedwetters."

I do think the 'long-term project' works both ways though... Fans are happy to give Chris time to sort things, accepting that building the team and style he wants will take at least a Summer, pre-season, full season, maybe more. So even if this was all guff, it wouldn't have hurt to offer reassurance that he is still on-board and we're in it together. 

200.gif

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

For me the whole “you don’t need to ask me” would have been fine if it wasn’t associated with “you never know what’s around the corner” Wilder has previous of being arsey, especially after being beat and it could potentially be just that he was being deliberately evasive. What he seems to have forgotten if that was the case here is that we’re still learning to trust him and while it’s been a pretty decent ride so far people need assurances. As you said he’s spoke about the fans, where he wants the club  long term projects etc. It has been like a battle cry for fans. Whilst I do not expect him nor the club to respond to every little piece of speculation, his choice of words have spread the seeds of doubt whilst his partnership with Boro is still hopefully in its infancy, both him and Boro must recognise this. If he came out tomorrow and said Burnley was never on the cards I was just devasted about the game all would be forgiven. Hopefully he opens with Burnley are *** and we can all move on.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

I mean Rhinos are okay, but monkey's have hands for feet 🙊🙉🙈

That's nothing..  I've seen people with s$!t for brains and people still vote for them (all over the world) 🙂

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

For me the whole “you don’t need to ask me” would have been fine if it wasn’t associated with “you never know what’s around the corner” Wilder has previous of being arsey, especially after being beat and it could potentially be just that he was being deliberately evasive. What he seems to have forgotten if that was the case here is that we’re still learning to trust him and while it’s been a pretty decent ride so far people need assurances. As you said he’s spoke about the fans, where he wants the club  long term projects etc. It has been like a battle cry for fans. Whilst I do not expect him nor the club to respond to every little piece of speculation, his choice of words have spread the seeds of doubt whilst his partnership with Boro is still hopefully in its infancy, both him and Boro must recognise this. If he came out tomorrow and said Burnley was never on the cards I was just devasted about the game all would be forgiven. Hopefully he opens with Burnley are *** and we can all move on.

He is a very mardy bloke, that's for sure. I don't mind it personally - shows he gives a s***. 

We're probably not used to the way he reacts to the media yet, I've seen some Blades fans say this is par for the course for him when asked about others jobs etc. He's pretty amiable in pressers but you can see certain questions get on his tits and he likes to make the reporter squirm.

Big change from Warnock who loved an audience. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Rooney has shot down there. Knutsen was at 7/1 earlier and was second in the odds listing and Rooney wasn't even in sight. Should we all expect Rooney to leave Derby? I can't see a chance of that one happening, the man seems completely unmoved by anything going on elsewhere right now, despite Derby actually going down.

he's still on his player wages I'm sure at Derby as manager, and he is probably not going to get that at Burnley to move, which I think has been a big factor in the loyalty he has shown, most of the clubs who would give him a chance arnt going to pay their managers that. plus the administration situation gave him free pass as manager to learn from, if he got hammered and went down no one would of blamed him this season and he still would of got a crack elsewhere in the championship, now he is touted as some sort of managerial genius for only getting relegated this late in the season 

If he intending to stay he now has massive leverage against who ever takes over to be backed to get him to stay or even possibly a new contract/better deal. Be a bum move to take over and then have him leave as your decisions, he practically keeping the fan base there on side on his own and they would be sick of the new owners straight away if that was the case and he moved on

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

He is a very mardy bloke, that's for sure. I don't mind it personally - shows he gives a s***. 

We're probably not used to the way he reacts to the media yet, I've seen some Blades fans say this is par for the course for him when asked about others jobs etc. He's pretty amiable in pressers but you can see certain questions get on his tits and he likes to make the reporter squirm.

Big change from Warnock who loved an audience. 

This isn't about Boro fans at all. While he remains the bookies favourite (for whatever reason) the national football community will think its a strong possibility. He can either quash the rumours, or allow it to cause anxiety amongst the fans (which it inevitably will do and is doing).

His choice, but I know what I'd do if I was him. But this isn't about Boro fans, all fans would be the same. One denial to the press that he's interested in the job and his odds would be out to 25/1. He should know this, I am pretty certain he does in fact.

• Like 4