• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

And that was directly down to him and nobody else, civility, common courtesy and playing with a straight bat are things that are carried out and not espoused but ignored when it suits. His prickly nature caused it and at a critical time when it was not helpful in galvanising the Fans and the Club when most needed. It was very poor management from him.

Spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

And that was directly down to him and nobody else, civility, common courtesy and playing with a straight bat are things that are carried out and not espoused but ignored when it suits. His prickly nature caused it and at a critical time when it was not helpful in galvanising the Fans and the Club when most needed. It was very poor management from him.

That doesn't really give an excuse for some of the silly posts that were on here this week though. His comments were unhelpful which is undeniable. But we're all adults here capable of critical thinking.

A move to Burnley never made sense. And it didn't make sense because it wasn't true. 🤷

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

He was probably guilty of letting his emotions get in the way after throwing away such a strong position in the play offs. I think many Boro fans were in the same position and were looking for a source to vent their disappointment.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

That doesn't really give an excuse for some of the silly posts that were on here this week though. His comments were unhelpful which is undeniable. But we're all adults here capable of critical thinking.

A move to Burnley never made sense. And it didn't make sense because it wasn't true. 🤷

How do you know it wasn't true and how close it did or didn't come? 

Just now, Humpty said:

He was probably guilty of letting his emotions get in the way after throwing away such a strong position in the play offs. I think many Boro fans were in the same position and were looking for a source to vent their disappointment.

The issue of Wilder going far surpassed getting beat, it was far more serious than dropping three points and nothing at all remotely to do with losing against Huddersfield, there were concerns after the credible draw with Bournemouth as well.

9 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

I know, but when you say “one good size”, you’re talking VERY big aren’t you?

I don't think on new managers because there is such a big risk of insider betting that they take very big stakes, not that they wouldn't react and investigate someone betting several grand out the blue if the profile didn't match someone who was a high stakes gambler (based on previous bets). 

Try putting a large amount online on someone who is probably favourite or close to it and your bet size will get knocked right down. Your bet would be flagged and they would probably look into your to try and asses why you tried to place that bet and see if they can link you in anyway to anyone connected with either clubs to see if they need to change things up themselves. 

But news stories always going influence the volume of bets on something and bring the odds down. Part of me wonders if during times like this some of the betting sites get media to push certain stories to get bets on dead ends. After all how many of these media outlets are sponsored by betting companies. Most are and they probably a 2 way relationship on sharing information they have 

Whatever you think of the last weeks events its put to bed now. He's done what most of us were asking for. 

I'm hoping this might be a turning point in a good way. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Pretty much perfect response there, hopefully everyone can just move on now, I don't think he did anything wrong but lots of people did and it's good that he acknowledged that. Just hope people can accept and move on as before instead of dwelling on it. 

• Like 1
Just now, Duvel said:

Whatever you think of the last weeks events its put to bed now. He's done what most of us were asking for. 

I'm hoping this might be a turning point in a good way. 

I said I hoped it could be our Charlton moment at the beginning, hopefully that comes to fruition. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Humpty said:

he always does it but people never really mentioned it when it wasn't about his job, if they ask him anything other than the match he will often just redirect them to talking about the match and has zero fks left to give if its awkward or not. Plus I've said all along this was probably all about leverage and what the club can provide for him in the summer, and comments tends to show that he has had them talks and got commitment on what he needs, no one really knows what he's been promised vs what he got in jan and could well have been an issue there that will never come out (all our last few managers apart from monk lately have alluded to this when in the job and also when leaving) and January is never a good month to build a team as you only get misfits available, its always the summer when people are prepared to sell players to make money or they want to move onto new clubs, most players in January that move are either down to one club paying over the odds and its too good to turn down or players that need game time or clubs need off the books so they can sign someone new too, personally even if we loose the rest of our games I'm looking forward to seeing what he can actually do with a full season and proper transfer window to get who he wants in

if we getting better recruitment in summer because of this then feel a week of fuss then bringing everyone back together was probs worth it. Hopefully see the reaction on the pitch and in the terraces to help them on as we needed some sort of kick up the ass

On the odds, it's surely quite a small market anyway.

Betting on new managers must be quite a niche at the best of times, let alone for the new manager of one of the smaller clubs in the top flight.