• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

I'm still a bit shocked Wilder is choosing to leave us for Burnley. Especially given they could well be playing in the same league next year.

Just not the 'step up' you would think he would leave us for, especially so soon.

If it was an Everton or a Leeds I would understand. Burnley?!

12 hours ago, SimonD said:

He’s not really done anything wrong tho. Watch the post match presser. He sounded despondent, and I do believe he cares. The Burnley link is an unwanted distraction - add to this a number of random speculative internet rumours and that’s what’s spoiled it 

Best way to get rid of that unwanted distraction? Say he's committed to the club he signed a contract with 6 months ago and isn't interested in the Burnley job.

• Like 2

Wilder has also confirmed in a previous pre match presser that he was recently in the Chelsea director box for they game v Newcastle. That was a week before we played Chelsea.

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

Wilder has also confirmed in a previous pre match presser that he was recently in the Chelsea director box for they game v Newcastle. That was a week before we played Chelsea.

Tuchel or Howes days are number with big CW in the mix

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Ray of hope... We didn't play on the 23rd, so he could well have been scouting.

Burnley v Spurs - 23rd Feb

Boro v Spurs - 1st March 

Do you get invited by other clubs directors if all you're there for is to scout the opposition?  And if you're friends with the current manager wouldn't you at least mention it to him?

Jordan could just be stirring the pot like, but with his links to Gibson I doubt it.

@Tarmo Kink Army. Thanks for the link. Is there a way of getting the link to the full discussion please?

I am not saying Jordans info about Wilder is incorrect but Jordan is not a Wilder fan at all. Totally slated him for way he left Sheff Utd. Therefore any angle Jordan takes on this link is likely to be an anti-wilder.

10 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Daniel Farke thats the man, gutted to be fair if Wilder leaves but also think its pritty inevitable now all these little things are mouting up and Jordan on Talksport just nailed it.

He’s apparently joined a Ukrainian club so we won’t go for him as would have to pay a fair bit 

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Tarmo Kink Army. Thanks for the link. Is there a way of getting the link to the full discussion please?

I am not saying Jordans info about Wilder is incorrect but Jordan is not a Wilder fan at all. Totally slated him for way he left Sheff Utd. Therefore any angle Jordan takes on this link is likely to be an anti-wilder.

Quite bad with links on this I’ll try tho

5 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Do you get invited by other clubs directors if all you're there for is to scout the opposition?  And if you're friends with the current manager wouldn't you at least mention it to him?

Jordan could just be stirring the pot like, but with his links to Gibson I doubt it.

I agree it doesn't sound good - and there are too many coincidences starting to line up.

But as excuses for being in a box at Burnley go, them playing Spurs a week before us is a good one. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

I think managers do usually sit in the directors box when they go scouting in fairness, especially if Wilder had a word with Dyche and told him he was coming. The fact they were playing Spurs a week before we were lines it up pretty well.

• Like 4

How's Burnley an attractive proposition?

1. Almost went bust earlier this season.

2. Will be relegated to Championship

3. Ageing Squad (Average Age of 30)

4. Facilities & Stadium from 1980's

5. Known for no Financial Backing

Pope - 30 - Will be Sold
Hennessy - 35 
Norris - 28 - Out of Contract
Tarkowski - 30 - Out of Contract
Mee - 32 - Out of Contract
Long - 31
Taylor - 29
Pieters - 33 - Out of Contract