oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Unfortunately, The Evening Gazette has little to no credibility nowadays too.

Every 'source' that has said something is far from credible.

EveningGazette, NorthernEcho, TalkSport, Alan Nixon, Graeme Bailey, TeamTalk etc know little to nothing.

I'd trust the Gazette over TalkSport and Alan Nixon.

Which isn't saying too much, but they know where they stand with the club and I doubt they'd tweet that without actual confirmation.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

EveningGazette, NorthernEcho, TalkSport, Alan Nixon, Graeme Bailey, TeamTalk etc know little to nothing.

Gazette pieces written like that are essentially unofficial club statements. Usually done on matters that the club doesn't want to make a statement on record about.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

The Gazette's source is the club, though. That means they're getting told what the club want to be heard. That has its plusses and negatives but in this situation, it feels like it's being used to bypass the need for a genuine public club statement.

• Like 4

Whether he leaves or not, I can't help but laugh at some of the conspiracies.

"He took the Huddersfield match in a tracksuit, he must be leaving".

I do also think some people should be ashamed by just making stuff up for attention, if there is no truth in it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I actually found that Sky interview more reassuring too. To me, he looked like he knew play offs were probably gone and was gutted about it hence the 'we carry on til the end' type talk.  

Saying 'You don't even need to ask the question' could be his way of saying why is this even being discussed... Of course I'm not leaving. He could have put it to bed with better phrasing, but he was clearly fuming about the result and last two weeks in general. 

Are our play-off hopes really over? Our run-in isn't bad, and a convincing win in our game in hand would have us in 6th position.

3 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Are our play-off hopes really over? Our run-in isn't bad, and a convincing win in our game in hand would have us in 6th position.

Defeat is inevitable. Zero goals is highly predictable.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're 3 points off the play-offs with a game in hand and 4 games to play.

It's been massively derailed, but it's still not over.

Trust me - it s over.

0 goals in our last 4 games says it all.

We haven't been able to score against Fulham, Hull, Bournemouth or Huddersfield.

I don't believe it will be much different with Cardiff, Swansea, Stoke or Preston. None of those games look particularly winnable, unless we stop acting all confused and shot-shy and treating games as passing / possession exercises.

Realistically we'll need 2 wins and a draw, to overhaul Sheffield (they have one very winnable home tie against Cardiff). On our current form that looks pretty much impossible, barring a drastic turnaround in performances.

I hope you’re all correct. I’d have just preferred to hear it directly from Gibson, Wilder or the club so it’s concrete but as mentioned in previous posts someone from within the club may have contacted the Gazette and told them to say that as an unofficial statement.

That coupled with his agent coming out and saying it’s rubbish is re-assuring. I’m just sceptical when The Gazette posts things as they either sit on the fence or have been wrong in the past. In this situation, I think people will be right as why would they post something without confirmation.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

What seems weird to me is that the man himself refuses to give a conclusive answer, but is happy to leave his agent and the local paper to do it.

Maybe he's frightened of a Bill Clinton moment?

"I want to say one thing to the Teesside people I want you to listen to me I’m going to say this again I did not have management relations in Turf Moor I never told anybody to lie not a single time never, these allegations are false and I need to go back to work for the Boro thank you"

• Haha 2

I don't think playoffs are over at all.

Sheff United have both Fulham and QPR to play. They won't win both of them.

I know we ain't scored in four games but on paper we have the fixtures to achieve 10-12 points.

I think three wins and one draw will be enough.

• Like 3