oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I actually saw the video of him shutting down the sky reporter as him being *** off that he’s been asked about it. I definitely didn’t get the vibe that he was going it was wanting to leave. 

Exactly how I saw it 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Woof Woof said:

Oh my God. We have to concentrate on the football now? 😄

Nah - I think we've suffered enough.

I'm going to take a sudden and inexplicable interest in golf and snooker until the end of the season. 😴💤

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, pikerman said:

I don’t know if Chris Wilder employs a Public Relations manager or not, if he does sack him, if he doesn’t then get one, appallingly handled

My thoughts really. Being a manager nowadays is as much about PR as anything else. He judged this one wrong, even if he has no intention of going anywhere. I certainly won't hold it against him, but can't help but feel the more negative cohort of fans might if results aren't up to scratch. He's just made his life a lot harder for no real good reason.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, kentucky said:

Gibson's obsession with FFP , holding us back, as Wilder been told he as to sell in the summer, Fry , Jones, McNair ,Tavernier etc, that would be a problem 

obsession as in protecting your club from being fined and deducted enough points to relegate most teams? lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This thread 🙄

I dunno which dickhead started it but they should be booted off here for good! 😡

Tell me about it…you lot are insane sometimes.

An enormous mountain has been made out of a tiny molehill, all because of something that wasn’t said in a post match interview. 

If you want to take everything on social media as gospel…that’s up to you, but there are far too many people with far too much to say both on social media and in the Boro forums.

It’s all insane, first Wilder is leaving then Scott is going to Burnley too and grown men have got the time and the inclination to be outraged, disgusted, disappointed and think that Wilder’s reputation has been damaged… by something that didn’t happen.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

An enormous mountain has been made out of a tiny molehill, all because of something that wasn’t said in a post match interview. 

If you want to take everything on social media as gospel…that’s up to you, but there are far too many people with far too much to say both on social media and in the Boro forums.

It’s all insane, first Wilder is leaving then Scott is going to Burnley too and grown men have got the time and the inclination to be outraged, disgusted, disappointed and think that Wilder’s reputation has been damaged… by something that didn’t happen.

Very well put @BillyWoofs_shinpad 😂

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Well, that bit is not quite clear I suppose.  He was asked the question a couple of times, and he chose, and it was a choice, not to give a direct answer.  Whether his reputation has been damaged I really don't know but that was something that did happen, and it is entirely down to him.  I think a straight bat was required there, and it is a little odd that he didn't play it.  Personally I think it might just be a case of someone trying to be clever, and failing.  A lot of managers do it, you get that *** managerial speak rather just being plain spoken and saying exactly what you think.

• Like 1

Hmm, playing it down as if its nothing is fine, but he's currently 4/6 to be Burnley's next manager with BetVictor (and clear favourite with basically all bookies). So its not like its purely just down to paranoia. It will all be resolved over the next few days though I'm sure.

The Wilder/Burnley situation is pure speculation, but even if Burnley are relegated the advantages they would have over us are, new owners investing in the club, transfer money available from the parachute payment to improve the squad, and Burnley are hardly laden with superstars but have some decent players,so the majority may decide that a new ambitious regime suits rather than jumping ship. 

This could be Burnley's hard sell to Wilder.

13 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Hmm, playing it down as if its nothing is fine, but he's currently 4/6 to be Burnley's next manager with BetVictor (and clear favourite with basically all bookies). So its not like its purely just down to paranoia. It will all be resolved over the next few days though I'm sure.

He'll still be clear favourite specifically because of his answers and the fact there's nothing else in the media about who they're after.

The closest to a new avenue we've got is Alan Nixon claiming they're interviewing a manager in Europe right now.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He'll still be clear favourite specifically because of his answers and the fact there's nothing else in the media about who they're after.

The closest to a new avenue we've got is Alan Nixon claiming they're interviewing a manager in Europe right now.

Well, Middlesbrough is still in Europe geographically speaking....

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Exactly, it's not like there's anything else going in the media at the moment around their vacancy. The local press' latest article, when I last looked, was just a big list of all the names on SkyBet. Media fuelling odds fuelling media fuelling odds fuelling... etc.