oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Skybet is 1/3 he is joining them so short. Litteraly shorter odds than they was for Liverpool to beat Man United last night 

Yeah, although some are sticking with EVS. I have seen scenarios like this before, with these kind of odds, where it doesn't happen, but once bookies start going 1/5 or shorter I'd say that's basically game over and we're hunting for our 7th new permanent manager since Karanka left 5 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

People will discuss this to death until there is some final conclusion to it all, but what can't be denied is that Wilder's lack of conviction has led to a serious shortening of odds (unlike Rooney's, who started equal with Wilder at 6/4 and has now drifted to 12/1 since he said he wants to rebuild Derby). Bookies odds will always fuel debate/rumour, its the way of the world.

Either way Wilder has to take some responsibility for that, even if he's staying. I certainly won't hold it against him, but hopefully he'll learn a valuable lesson from it.

Edited by atypical_boro
  • Like 1

The vacuum is being filled with supposition, imagination and paranoia filling in the gaps. Not a great way to manage a Football Club and I would guess that similar levels of raised eyebrows exist amongst the playing staff. This type of vacuum usually occurs between something starting but before it's conclusion, in other words people are talking, arguing, disagreeing, agreeing or just thrashing minor details out. 

It may be that Wilder was offered the Burnley role but Boro countered it with something that he wants to consider or maybe he wants the Burnley role and the two Clubs are now locked in contractual battles over compensation. Burnley may have been pushed back, then went all Scandi then couldn't agree so went back to Wilder, who knows but it seems like something is festering and won't go away until it is absolutely quashed and not by dripping leaks to the local press which to me looks like playing for time one way or another.

The ideal is that he stays (and Scott) and that normal service is resumed but the timing of this couldn't have come at a worse time. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

If nothing is happening then there's no need for a public statement, IMO. But I would like it if he answered the question straight when asked.

If there's no truth to the story and Wilder wants to stay here then he can say so the next time he's asked rather than being really evasive. Its so easy to put to bed. 

If for some strange reason he doesn't like talking about things like that then the club could put out a short statement on his behalf. I don't understand why one or the other haven't happened if there's no truth in it.  

• Like 1

People still think this is happening?

This is literally based on odds, nothing else. Not a peep  from the Burnley end, and flat out denial on the Boro end. 

How could the rumours be around for 4 days now and not a single journalist has confirmed either sides interest? It just doesn't happen. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

If there's no truth to the story and Wilder wants to stay here then he can say so the next time he's asked rather than being really evasive. Its so easy to put to bed. 

If for some strange reason he doesn't like talking about things like that then the club could put out a short statement on his behalf. I don't understand why one or the other haven't happened if there's no truth in it.  

Why should the club have to comment on every baseless rumour? If they start that now they'll never be done

• Like 2
Just now, Duvel said:

Hes a manager who will be in demand. Will they have to put a statement out every time a lower Premier league job comes up?

He was a bit daft in the press conference but the reaction is silly now. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

This is what I'm saying they have done via the Gazette though. I know it's not on record as them saying it but it is the Gazette's club source. That means that's what the club wants us to know and whether it's posted and framed by the Gazette or the club themselves only truly matters when it comes to accountability of the words.

I don't really feel like in this situation we really care about who is accountable for the words saying this is the current state of play, we just want to know what the state of play is.

It's up to us from there whether we trust what the Gazette put out yesterday but I wouldn't hold a significant amount of weight over the club putting it out or the Gazette in this instance because as mentioned, both scenarios would be the club telling us what we want to hear. Any scepticism is held against both pretty equally right now, for me.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

People still think this is happening?

This is literally based on odds, nothing else. Not a peep  from the Burnley end, and flat out denial on the Boro end. 

How could the rumours be around for 4 days now and not a single journalist has confirmed either sides interest? It just doesn't happen. 

I imagine it will be over by tomorrow night. Burnley play Southampton and I suspect the new manager will be in the stadium to watch the game.

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I imagine it will be over by tomorrow night. Burnley play Southampton and I suspect the new manager will be in the stadium to watch the game.

Hope so mate, but people will have already made up their mind about wilder on the basis of almost nothing, it's disappointing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

not sure if legit. A lot of followers

No idea either way but all his other tweets just seem to be along the lines of that Phil Spencer where he just repeats what other journalists have said as if it's his own information.

Massive blow if it is true though 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

No idea either way but all his other tweets just seem to be along the lines of that Phil Spencer where he just repeats what other journalists have said as if it's his own information.

Yeah was having a read through and immediately dismissed it, doesn't seem to have any inside knowledge. Trust Alan Nixon over that lad and that's saying something 

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Why should the club have to comment on every baseless rumour? If they start that now they'll never be done

How often do we have our manager being the bookies favourite for another job? And how often does that manager stand there and really awkwardly answer the question without denying the story or committing himself to the club? I don't ever remember this happening before in the clubs history. 

It seemed like a daft rumour and the fact that its Burnley doesn't make a lot of sense, but Wilder's reaction was so strange if he's a man who doesn't want to leave.

We've seen managers jump ship from one club to another before in football and side stepping questions and not denying rumours is the classic behaviour of a man who's heads being turned. 

I'm surprised that people are surprised at the reaction of our fans. 

• Like 3