oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

My take on Wilder situation. He stays only if Burnley don't come knocking. If they approach us I am pretty convinced Wilder will want to speak to them

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

not sure if legit. A lot of followers

Hopefully the Wilder/Burnley rumours are just that rumours, it would be just nice though for the club to to make a short statement and just pour cold water on it. Wilder is a good fit here, really haven't got a clue who we'd bring in if he did go, nothing comes to mind.

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is what I'm saying they have done via the Gazette though. I know it's not on record as them saying it but it is the Gazette's club source. That means that's what the club wants us to know and whether it's posted and framed by the Gazette or the club themselves only truly matters when it comes to accountability of the words.

I don't really feel like in this situation we really care about who is accountable for the words saying this is the current state of play, we just want to know what the state of play is.

It's up to us from there whether we trust what the Gazette put out yesterday but I wouldn't hold a significant amount of weight over the club putting it out or the Gazette in this instance because as mentioned, both scenarios would be the club telling us what we want to hear. Any scepticism is held against both pretty equally right now, for me.

Maybe some people would rather hear it from the horses mouth, he had his chance and basically threw a load of petrol on the fire. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

How often do we have our manager being the bookies favourite for another job? And how often does that manager stand there and really awkwardly answer the question without denying the story or committing himself to the club? I don't ever remember this happening before in the clubs history. 

It seemed like a daft rumour and the fact that its Burnley doesn't make a lot of sense, but Wilder's reaction was so strange if he's a man who doesn't want to leave.

We've seen managers jump ship from one club to another before in football and side stepping questions and not denying rumours is the classic behaviour of a man who's heads being turned. 

I'm surprised that people are surprised at the reaction of our fans. 

I don't think it's ever happened before cos our managers are generally dog turd. Monk to Swansea maybe but there was nothing in the press at the time and I don't remember him fielding any questions about it. Could be wrong like.

Just now, Duvel said:

Maybe some people would rather hear it from the horses mouth, he had his chance and basically threw a load of petrol on the fire. 

That's what I said in my original response. I was just addressing you saying the club should be making a statement on his behalf. I don't see the point after the Gazette article yesterday. That's what they want us to know, no matter how good a reflection of current events those statements are.

As for Wilder himself, we'll wait and see until he's next in front of a camera if he ever goes in front of one again as our manager.

10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

How often do we have our manager being the bookies favourite for another job? And how often does that manager stand there and really awkwardly answer the question without denying the story or committing himself to the club? I don't ever remember this happening before in the clubs history. 

It seemed like a daft rumour and the fact that its Burnley doesn't make a lot of sense, but Wilder's reaction was so strange if he's a man who doesn't want to leave.

We've seen managers jump ship from one club to another before in football and side stepping questions and not denying rumours is the classic behaviour of a man who's heads being turned. 

I'm surprised that people are surprised at the reaction of our fans. 

McLaren with the Villa job? Can’t think of many others. Robbo with England perhaps

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's what I said in my original response. I was just addressing you saying the club should be making a statement on his behalf. I don't see the point after the Gazette article yesterday. That's what they want us to know, no matter how good a reflection of current events those statements are.

As for Wilder himself, we'll wait and see until he's next in front of a camera if he ever goes in front of one again as our manager.

But some people will see the club and Gazette as being two separate entities rather than the same thing. I believe that some people would want to hear something official and I can see why they don't believe that's happened yet. 

For the record I think he's going, not based on anything but a gut feeling after seeing his reaction in the post game interviews. If he goes he goes I'm not particularly bothered, I'd rather he stayed but he's not god either and if he's not committed then its a waste of time him staying. 

But, I can understand why some of our fans are unhappy with the situation and don't believe him. I think that's perfectly understandable. If some of you think the club and Wilder have done enough to put the story to bed then thats fine, but I can see why people think otherwise. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

I refuse to believe any Twitter account that just has Journalist in its bio, doesn’t work for anyone so just goes along with whatever rumour is popular 

So you think all these twatter journos would put their ITK reps and credibility on the line by posting rubbish? 

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

McLaren with the Villa job? Can’t think of many others. Robbo with England perhaps

Alright so best case scenario its happened a couple of times in like 20 odd years. I hardly think its a massive effort to put out a short statement then if the story is a load of rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

But some people will see the club and Gazette as being two separate entities rather than the same thing. I believe that some people would want to hear something official and I can see why they don't believe that's happened yet. 

For the record I think he's going, not based on anything but a gut feeling after seeing his reaction in the post game interviews. If he goes he goes I'm not particularly bothered, I'd rather he stayed but he's not god either and if he's not committed then its a waste of time him staying. 

But, I can understand why some of our fans are unhappy with the situation and don't believe him. I think that's perfectly understandable. If some of you think the club and Wilder have done enough to put the story to bed then thats fine, but I can see why people think otherwise. 

He's not God and absolutely, I don't want a manager who is constantly looking at how much better he could have it at a club like Burnley compared to us. But he is a very good manager, his record speaks for itself, both long-term and recently. And he is the first manager in God knows how long who has come to us and tried and somewhat successfully transformed us into a more positive attacking team.

You have to hope and trust that Scott can help us move on without losing out on that front if Wilder goes but this has to affect his plans as well, you would think. That is incredibly frustrating for us and Wilder will, quite rightly in my eyes, be seen as cretinous to the fans for jumping ship to a team that really only has parachute payments going for it against us.

I don't think he's done enough to put it to bed by any means but the club has done all it ever will in these situations.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He's not God and absolutely, I don't want a manager who is constantly looking at how much better he could have it at a club like Burnley compared to us. But he is a very good manager, his record speaks for itself, both long-term and recently. And he is the first manager in God knows how long who has come to us and tried and somewhat successfully transformed us into a more positive attacking team.

You have to hope and trust that Scott can help us move on without losing out on that front if Wilder goes but this has to affect his plans as well, you would think. That is incredibly frustrating for us and Wilder will, quite rightly in my eyes, be seen as cretinous to the fans for jumping ship to a team that really only has parachute payments going for it against us.

I don't think he's done enough to put it to bed by any means but the club has done all it ever will in these situations.

Unless of course CW thinks that he can keep Burnley up…I presume that is what the owners have in mind, why else would they have sacked Dyche?