• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If nothing is happening then there's no need for a public statement, IMO. But I would like it if he answered the question straight when asked.

even in his past boro press conferences after the matches, if someone asks something thats not about the match fishing for stuff he usually gives them nothing and often just refuses to answer it citing its not the time to ask that

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I wouldn’t blame him for being ambitious we’d all take a better job if we were offered one wouldn’t we? 

If he goes then the club look for someone new and we move on. At least the new guy would have pre season and a transfer window. 

The bigger issue for me is not his leaving, it is all the time and effort that has already gone into planning for next season, targets etc. Wilder takes that with him to Burnley, who if relegated and with Parachute payments, could hijack any deals being set up. A new manager coming in may prefer other options, either way it is significant disruption to our plans. 

I hope he stays, but if he is interested in talking to them then he will have burned too many bridges with the fans anyway. It is badly handled all round but we need to trust Gibson above all in this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/burnley-manager-alan-pace-dyche-23731055.amp

Lancashire Live: 

"Burnley are stepping up their managerial search and are well aware of the necessity to get the appointment correct. The Clarets are understood to be considering appointing an interim boss but will wait for the right candidate, with the next manager set to be part of a new look structure at Turf Moor with the club likely to target a technical director as part of the set-up.

It is conceivable that Jackson, assisted by Academy Director Paul Jenkins and club captain Ben Mee could see out the season, albeit the hope remains Mee can feature on the pitch in the closing weeks, and no managerial decision is expected imminently."

3 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

The bigger issue for me is not his leaving, it is all the time and effort that has already gone into planning for next season, targets etc. Wilder takes that with him to Burnley, who if relegated and with Parachute payments, could hijack any deals being set up. A new manager coming in may prefer other options, either way it is significant disruption to our plans. 

I hope he stays, but if he is interested in talking to them then he will have burned too many bridges with the fans anyway. It is badly handled all round but we need to trust Gibson above all in this.

This is something I hadn't even really thought about. Gibson lets Wilder go to Burnley and Wilder, thanks in part to the work of Scott and our scouting/recruitment team, goes in for targets we wanted in the summer, either for when we got to the Prem or when we go again next season. Isn't this similar to what Gibson felt with Monk, too? At least then Gibson had sacked Monk but I can't imagine any way he's looking to sack Wilder right now.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is something I hadn't even really thought about. Gibson lets Wilder go to Burnley and Wilder, thanks in part to the work of Scott and our scouting/recruitment team, goes in for targets we wanted in the summer, either for when we got to the Prem or when we go again next season. Isn't this similar to what Gibson felt with Monk, too? At least then Gibson had sacked Monk but I can't imagine any way he's looking to sack Wilder right now.

Thats the difficult decision which Gibson would have to make. You either let him go and take all the above on the chin or you place him on gardening leave until the summer transfer window has closed. The second option would be pretty costly I'd expect. 

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

If Wilder was to go…. Who would be a suitable candidate to replace him??? 

If he was to go I would be looking at Daniel Farke who is currently unattached.  

• Like 1