• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

One thing's for sure. Whether Wilder stays or goes, a few posters on here are going to look bloody stupid. More so than usual, I mean.

Glad you clarified with that last sentence 😂

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I see everyone is still in the process of losing their minds. 

He's not going anywhere. There is no basis for this rumour other than:

1. Betting odds (which we know are influenced by money more than inside info)

2. His dumb comments (which we know he has a history of saying at other clubs which DIDNT result I moves)

3. Posts from cranks and tin foil nonsense from people who should know better.

Come on man. The club wouldn’t let the rumours get this far if there was nothing in it and local journalists wouldn’t be coming out with cryptic tweets. Wilder clearly wants the move whether it happens or not is another thing 

• Like 1

I know things aren't this straight forward but Dyche was sacked 5 days ago, Wilder went to favourite very quickly and he's stayed there, but nothing has actually happened other then him being evasive, clearly didn't help, and Simon Jordan talking nonsense.

If Wilder was their first choice and he wants to go there I would've expected things to have moved a lot quicker. When Dyche was sacked they had 8 games left. By the time they get a new manager in it'll be 5. It seems to me like they didn't have a plan at all.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I see everyone is still in the process of losing their minds. 

He's not going anywhere. There is no basis for this rumour other than:

1. Betting odds (which we know are influenced by money more than inside info)

2. His dumb comments (which we know he has a history of saying at other clubs which DIDNT result I moves)

3. Posts from cranks and tin foil nonsense from people who should know better.

The bookies odds are the one thing (until the complete lack of denials today) that made me suspicious. He was installed as the immediate favourite. A manager 6 months into a new job. Not Steve Cooper or the Huddersfield manager or anyone else doing a good job in the Championship. Because that would be ridiculous. Why would anyone leave a new job like that? None of us would have even considered him an option if he hadn’t been made favourite. Sure, money has been put on him since and that’s why he’s still there (along with his evasive answers) but there was no logical reason *at all* for him to be installed the immediate favourite 

• Like 2
Just now, Lurker said:

I know things aren't this straight forward but Dyche was sacked 5 days ago, Wilder went to favourite very quickly and he's stayed there, but nothing has actually happened other then him being evasive, clearly didn't help, and Simon Jordan talking nonsense.

If Wilder was their first choice and he wants to go there I would've expected things to have moved a lot quicker. When Dyche was sacked they had 8 games left. By the time they get a new manager in it'll be 5. It seems to me like they didn't have a plan at all.

Whether Burnley wanted Wilder prior to sacking Dyche I don't know but my gut feeling is that they want him now and he wants to go there. 

I'm guessing behind the scenes there is a lot of talking going on between us and Burnley with regards to compensation. 

This might be total rubbish but its my best guess. 

• Like 3

As Jordan says all he has to do is come onto Boro twitter and say I am not interested in Burnley I am 100% committed to the boro I want to go on a journey and bring success to middlesbrough. The silence causes the speculation he actually fancies going Burnley 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Come on man. The club wouldn’t let the rumours get this far if there was nothing in it and local journalists wouldn’t be coming out with cryptic tweets. Wilder clearly wants the move whether it happens or not is another thing 

The club clearly did respond though! A double story in the local paper about Scott and Wilder yesterday. That was clearly a line from the club which SHOULD have been enough to squash it. If people hadn't gone off the deep end anyway! 🤦‍♂️

@RiseAgainst Is right that people are going to look really daft when this shakes out. I'll hold my hand up if thats me. But i seriously doubt it is!

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

The club clearly did respond though! A double story in the local paper about Scott and Wilder yesterday. That was clearly a line from the club which SHOULD have been enough to squash it. If people hadn't gone off the deep end anyway! 🤦‍♂️

@RiseAgainst Is right that people are going to look really daft when this shakes out. I'll hold my hand up if thats me. But i seriously doubt it is!

Yes and now the echo are changing their tune!! There is clearly something in this. 

Just now, Smogzilla said:

The Gazette article was a lot more definitive about Scott. He’s happy and won’t be leaving. About Wilder - the club are confident he remains committed. 

3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Whether Burnley wanted Wilder prior to sacking Dyche I don't know but my gut feeling is that they want him now and he wants to go there. 

I'm guessing behind the scenes there is a lot of talking going on between us and Burnley with regards to compensation. 

This might be total rubbish but its my best guess. 

I agree that there's definitely something in it. But not as nailed on as the bookies and others think. If it was down to compensation alone it would've been done by now, either way. 

I would imagine that Wilder doesn't want to go now but might at the end of the season. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

The bookies odds are the one thing (until the complete lack of denials today) that made me suspicious. He was installed as the immediate favourite. A manager 6 months into a new job. Not Steve Cooper or the Huddersfield manager or anyone else doing a good job in the Championship. Because that would be ridiculous. Why would anyone leave a new job like that? None of us would have even considered him an option if he hadn’t been made favourite. Sure, money has been put on him since and that’s why he’s still there (along with his evasive answers) but there was no logical reason *at all* for him to be installed the immediate favourite 

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/next-burnley-manager-odds-sam-allardyce-wayne-rooney-and-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-prominent-in-the-betting-as-sean-dyche-is-sacked-3656342

He wasn't immediately the favourite, Sam Allardyce was.

Wilder was initially 50/1.

He shifted a bit and then the odds dropped even further after his answers to the questions.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yes and now the echo are changing their tune!! There is clearly something in this. 

One journalist tweeted saying if wilder wanted to go up against Gibson he would have a hard time of it. And clarified that it's a big if. They haven't changed their tune.

• Like 1