oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

It's a better job if they stay up and we don't go up, of course it is. But right now? I would think he's an idiot for making that move. 

See I still don’t think it is, arguably he has more work to do with their team and he’s not guaranteed investment(judging by dyches tenure)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

See I still don’t think it is, arguably he has more work to do with their team and he’s not guaranteed investment(judging by dyches tenure)

He wants to manage in the premier league. He can back himself to get promoted here but there are so many factors, he doesn't know what our recruitment will be like either and we'll always be at a disadvantage with the parachute payments. 

I wouldn't blame him going to any premier league club in the summer, but if he goes now it'll be madness. But he wont, so it's fine. 

2 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

It’s going to tarnish him as a manager.  His name will be mud, you don’t jump ship when he’s said all the stuff he’s said.  
How long is his contract?

As much as I hope he stays, I doubt many outside of Middlesbrough will care unless he flops at Burnley and it'll be used as a cautionary tale.

Sadly, managers bail from clubs that don't want them to leave all the time.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

It’s going to tarnish him as a manager.  His name will be mud, you don’t jump ship when he’s said all the stuff he’s said.  
How long is his contract?

It's got about two days left on it 😉

• Haha 5
12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He wants to manage in the premier league. He can back himself to get promoted here but there are so many factors, he doesn't know what our recruitment will be like either and we'll always be at a disadvantage with the parachute payments. 

I wouldn't blame him going to any premier league club in the summer, but if he goes now it'll be madness. But he wont, so it's fine. 

You would have thought he would have had offers from prem clubs while he was unemployed. I'm not sure which prem clubs were looking for managers in those few months, but it was probably a good chunk of them.

Why did he not go for one of them, or hold out for a prem club instead of coming to us in the first place?

Are our fans rooting for Burnley to get relegated just so it might meanWilder stays? 

Honestly could not give two f**ks about Burnley. Wilder should stay because he wants to stay.

Him staying just because Burnley come down simply means he will flirt with the next half decent club that is linked

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Are our fans rooting for Burnley to get relegated just so it might meanWilder stays? 

Honestly could not give two f**ks about Burnley. Wilder should stay because he wants to stay.

Him staying just because Burnley come down simply means he will flirt with the next half decent club that is linked

Has he flirted with anyone ? Who knows ? Do you ?

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Totally agree! We can’t control the Burnley results and Everton results let them 2 crack on . If wilder wants to go let him. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

He's probably going to regardless, as would many managers in the Championship.

If a Premier League Burnley, Southampton or Brighton targeted Wilder early next season and we were in the Championship, I'd fully expect him to be tempted, most lower league managers' heads would be turned.

The difference right now is the precariousness of Burnley's situation and the fact we still have a half decent chance of making the play-offs.

Edited by TeaCider24
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's probably going to regardless, as would many managers in the Championship.

If a Premier League Burnley, Southampton or Brighton targeted Wilder early next season and we were in the Championship, I'd fully expect most lower league managers' heads to be turned.

The difference right now is the precariousness of Burnley's situation.

To be fair, Rooney was linked to Everton and Burnley this season and ruled himself out immediately for both. I think it’s poor form if his head has been turned - and even if there’s nothing in it, poor that he didn’t do a Rooney and just say no straight away. Anyway, we’ll know soon enough 

• Like 1