oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

Just now, Rob said:

he's still on his player wages I'm sure at Derby as manager, and he is probably not going to get that at Burnley to move, which I think has been a big factor in the loyalty he has shown, most of the clubs who would give him a chance arnt going to pay their managers that. plus the administration situation gave him free pass as manager to learn from, if he got hammered and went down no one would of blamed him this season and he still would of got a crack elsewhere in the championship, now he is touted as some sort of managerial genius for only getting relegated this late in the season 

If he intending to stay he now has massive leverage against who ever takes over to be backed to get him to stay or even possibly a new contract/better deal. Be a bum move to take over and then have him leave as your decisions, he practically keeping the fan base there on side on his own and they would be sick of the new owners straight away if that was the case and he moved on

Wilder was 1/3 yesterday, back out to 1/2 now (ie heavily odds on). Rooney is now 5/2, which equates to around a 28% chance (and hence, still not the most likely outcome).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Wilder was 1/3 yesterday, back out to 1/2 now (ie heavily odds on). Rooney is now 5/2, which equates to around a 28% chance (and hence, still not the most likely outcome).

just betting odds, we all know there is we dont have to ask him anything, we dont have to ask him anything, we dont have to ask him anything

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

just betting odds, we all know there is we dont have to ask him anything, we dont have to ask him anything, we dont have to ask him anything

Well, football and betting odds are increasingly heavily inter-twined these days I'd say. It would be like saying 'its only twitter' - like it or not, twitter plays an enormous role in football chat now.

1 minute ago, atypical_boro said:

Well, football and betting odds are increasingly heavily inter-twined these days I'd say. It would be like saying 'its only twitter' - like it or not, twitter plays an enormous role in football chat now.

its not though, they more influenced on bets they are taking in, if people are betting hard on anyone and even if they know they not getting the job they are forced to bring the odds down to keep the betting pool profitable. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah, part of the issue with Wilder's lack of conviction though is that a certain cohort of fans will interpret that he 'fancies' the Burnley job, regardless of whether they themselves want him. I have absolutely no issue with it at all but I can't help but feel he's needlessly made his life way more difficult if indeeed results don't improve etc. 

Edited by atypical_boro
  • Like 3
33 minutes ago, Rob said:

its not though, they more influenced on bets they are taking in, if people are betting hard on anyone and even if they know they not getting the job they are forced to bring the odds down to keep the betting pool profitable. 

Yes, but in terms of how social media works, if someone's odds are short it will be heavily discussed on the internet and in the media. Its just how it works, naive if Wilder thinks otherwise. If Frank Lampard's odds dropped to 1/3 today, you can be absolutely certain it would be talked about quite widely (even if neither party was interested).

Just now, atypical_boro said:

Yes, but in terms of how social media works, if someone's odds are short it will be heavily discussed on the internet and in the media. Its just how it works, naive if Wilder thinks otherwise.

he knows how it works and think he just has dislike of the press using time to talk about the game to speculate and won't entertain it, plus does probs help him get what he wants in summer as well if they think he may have options, but then Juninhio10 says he already gone and he knows best

1 minute ago, Rob said:

he knows how it works and think he just has dislike of the press using time to talk about the game to speculate and won't entertain it, plus does probs help him get what he wants in summer as well if they think he may have options, but then Juninhio10 says he already gone and he knows best

Fair enough, I just hope he knows what he's doing though!

53 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Guessing that's Carlos Carvahal.

Wait, Nixon's trying to make people pay monthly to read his guff tweets? Bahahahahaha