• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

Seriously though, think we all need to take a collective breath and chill for a moment. It's been a rough day.

The talk of the manager moving is alarming but it makes very little sense. Yes his comments were a bit dumb in the presser but he's apparently got a history of doing at previous clubs so 🤷

Apart from that the only other talk is just from random cranks. Don't give in to the "No smoke without fire" nonsense. Most people don't seem to be able to tell the difference between smoke and hot air! 💨

Heads a bit muddled with all this at the moment but my two cents...

The comments make me think at the very least that he's aware about it and has in some small very part thought about it. I know we want all our managers to be 100% committed and never think about anything but the Boro but lets face it, when a manager does alright, teams will be interested and someone will have a word in his ear. Loyalty doesn't seem to exist in football. Quite the same way we talk about players who get told by their agents somebody is interested in them, it can turn heads. That could put him in a situation where he legitimately thinks about and considers the job. In which case, it would be dishonest of him to turn round and commit to us when asked the question and I've said not long ago how much he seems to value honesty. To a fault, perhaps?

Honestly, if you're taking the comments he made at face value, he looks like a man frustrated by results and performances but someone who has invested himself into those results and performances, he may not have even had chance to see what is being said about him with the Burnley job. Maybe he's not aware of the problems he's causing to our fans right now with his comments. At the very least the comments he's made about the game today tell me he was focused on the game today. Not to mention that the club has actually published those comments themselves, they have edited out stuff from pressers before so I was kind of expecting the same to happen again if they saw this as a big problem.

All this is to say what's happened doesn't necessarily mean that he's leaving, just because he's thinking about it or is going to think about it. But also, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be disappointed in him for being so non-committal to us at the first sign of interest in his services. Especially when you're still in with a chance of promotion, however slim it may be right now, he is not going to get away from this situation with ease and I'm sure the press will keep asking the question until he answers it or Burnley hire somebody else. If Burnley are looking for a manager for this season, Gibson will keep them waiting until they have to make the move, I'm sure of it.

It's a difficult one as I can't really see what Burnley have going for them against us if you accept them as a Championship club as of next season. As has been mentioned elsewhere, they don't invest a lot of money in the squad so if he wants to spend big, he may actually, somehow, get better support here. And if you don't see them as a Championship side yet, you have to think you're going up there to pull off a bit of a miracle. All so you can inherit a job which doesn't receive enough investment for many a manager to keep that team up.

Think the only thing for sure is if he jumps ship right now, I think he could have a worse reputation on Teesside than Warnock and Pulis put together. Potential hero to cretin. Perhaps he doesn't quite realise that yet or perhaps he doesn't really care. I'm sure based on how we've plastered his face all over the SC renewals and all that though that Gibson will make it plain and simple for him.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Gibson's obsession with FFP , holding us back, as Wilder been told he as to sell in the summer, Fry , Jones, McNair ,Tavernier etc, that would be a problem 

No way do we sell all 4 of those players. Tav would be the most likely, though

1 minute ago, kentucky said:

Gibson's obsession with FFP , holding us back, as Wilder been told he as to sell in the summer, Fry , Jones, McNair ,Tavernier etc, that would be a problem 

Are you in Dubai as well? FFP isn't optional. Of course Wilder's got to sell in the summer if he wants to improve the squad. However, I listed a dozen players the other day who could be sold without major issue.

If we sold our four best players in one transfer window, that certainly would be a problem. But has any club ever done that, apart from Leeds twenty years ago?

29 minutes ago, Juninho10 said:

Hes off, the club are looking for someone else.

KS would be absolutely spot on to put his feelers out right now. It doesn't necessarily mean the manager is leaving, just that we want to be prepared in the case that he might. I'd rather not be left in the lurch.

Do we know of an experienced Manager currently not working who knows the squad and the Club who could take emergency charge for the few remaining games (and then ironically get us promoted via the Play Offs)?

🤣🤣🤣

• Angry 1

To me it sounds like he's angry after an eye opening performance about a few players and just annoyed people keep asking him about Burnley job, makes no sense to join a relegated team imo

I'm confident he's here next season 

• Like 2