• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

I think Wilder might have played an absolute blinder here...... 

Think he knew what he was doing all along knew that the press would switch to him take the pressure off the players after the abysmal performance against Huddersfield. 

Wilder in the dugout on Saturday and team to be right at it from the outset and a massive 3 points!! 

I don't think he is playing a blinder.  For one thing the players were apparently unsure as to what was going on themselves.  It seems pretty obvious to me what's happened.  Burnley sacked Dyche without knowing who they wanted to replace him.  They drew up a list of say half a dozen candidates, made basic informal approaches to them along the lines of would you be interested if we offered you it.  One of the people they approached was Wilder, and he was potentially interested in it.  Therefore when he was asked the question he couldn't flat out say no.  He has had three days to clear it up and has chosen not to do so for the same reason.  That doesn't mean he'll end up being offered it, or even accept it if he does.  It just means he's been in the running. 

If he knows he isn't getting it by tomorrow then you'll probably get something of a different answer otherwise it will be more of the same - basically a none answer to the question.  There's nothing clever about that to my mind, if you get asked are you leaving to join another club there are only two answers, either no I'm not, which means what is says, or anything else, which means you might be.  Wilder answered with the second of those, he knew exactly what he was doing when he said it, and the idea that this is all some social media storm in a teacup is pretty silly really.  The club were moved to comment on it on Tuesday, the trouble is that the club isn't who needs to comment, it's Wilder, and he has quite clearly refused to do so.  There are all kinds of ways he could have got the word out that there was nothing in it if he wanted to but he hasn't, and it's not to fire up the players for the next game.

• Like 5

Wilder hasn't spoken to the media since Monday, after a massive game that we just lost - hardly the time. 

He doesn't have a Twitter.

What do you want him to do, Call a press conference to say betting odds were wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Wilder hasn't spoken to the media since Monday, after a massive game that we just lost - hardly the time. 

What do you want him to do, Call a press conference to say betting odds were wrong?

Yes. I would enjoy that 

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You don't think requests will have been made to speak to him? 🙂  You think he's unaware of what is happening, or that the club themselves were moved to state their own position on Tuesday.  That was when he would have said anything if he wanted to correct the narrative.  He didn't want to because he wasn't in a position to.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with betting odds.  It's to do with him being asked if he was leaving for another club, and refusing to answer it directly, then going silent for a few days.  There is no benefit to him whatsoever from staying quiet if he has no intention of leaving - I think there are some people that need to try and get that into their heads.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You don't think requests will have been made to speak to him? 🙂  You think he's unaware of what is happening, or that the club themselves were moved to state their own position on Tuesday.  That was when he would have said anything if he wanted to correct the narrative.  He didn't want to because he wasn't in a position to.

Wilder was asked last Friday at the Bournemouth game and then on the Monday at the Huddersfield game. Like you say he's had a few days since as well to put his version of events over. 

Its pretty obvious that he doesn't want to distance himself from the job otherwise he would have said so. 

I think he'll be supported by our fans if he continues in the job but it won't be the same as it was. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This has nothing to do with betting odds.  It's to do with him being asked if he was leaving for another club, and refusing to answer it directly, then going silent for a few days.  There is no benefit to him whatsoever from staying quiet if he has no intention of leaving - I think there are some people that need to try and get that into their heads.

I think you need to try to get it in your head that you are presenting speculation as fact. You are reading something different to other people, some agree with you, some disagree. It's sheer arrogance as usual.

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Wilder was asked last Friday at the Bournemouth game and then on the Monday at the Huddersfield game. Like you say he's had a few days since as well to put his version of events over. 

Its pretty obvious that he doesn't want to distance himself from the job otherwise he would have said so. 

I think he'll be supported by our fans if he continues in the job but it won't be the same as it was. 

And nor can our football either CW the focus is on you to get the best out of Boro for the next 4 games

2 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Taking the pressure off his players is one benefit...

As tenuous as that might seem.

Its nothing to do with that, he fancied a job which he thought was a step up. People can live in denial all they want but its not the real world. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Taking the pressure off his players is one benefit...

As tenuous as that might seem.

It's not though is it?  Is the pressure on the Swansea game any lower now than what it would have been?  Do we need to win it less now?  What a weird point of view.  If anything the pressure is greater cos if we lose then things might just kick off even more than they have been this week.  There's also no benefit to staying quiet days later, when the last result is nothing but a memory.  He could have left it a day or two then put the record straight if all he was trying to do was deflect attention from the performance.  It's quite clearly more than that, I mean it must be obvious by now that Burnley have been in touch with him?