oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think you need to try to get it in your head that you are presenting speculation as fact. You are reading something different to other people, some agree with you, some disagree. It's sheer arrogance as usual.

Just a bit of logical thinking mate.  He was asked about the job, that isn't speculation.  He refused to give a straight answer, that isn't speculation.  That's the entirety of what I'm basing my opinion on.  I'm not arsed about betting odds, social media, or anything else.  The fella has been asked directly, and refused to answer directly.  It's about him not being able to give an honest answer without him having to say that there is some truth to it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Just a bit of logical thinking mate.  He was asked about the job, that isn't speculation.  He refused to give a straight answer, that isn't speculation.  That's the entirety of what I'm basing my opinion on.  I'm not arsed about betting odds, social media, or anything else.  The fella has been asked directly, and refused to answer directly.  It's about him not being able to give an honest answer without him having to say that there is some truth to it.

He refused to answer because it was a press conference about the match we just lost that may kill our play off hopes. Its an emotional moment. And he didn't give any indication he was interested, just wasn't interested in talking about it. That could be for any number of reasons, not just the one you've plucked out. Same for why we've heard nothing since - any number of reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Wilder was asked last Friday at the Bournemouth game and then on the Monday at the Huddersfield game. Like you say he's had a few days since as well to put his version of events over. 

Its pretty obvious that he doesn't want to distance himself from the job otherwise he would have said so. 

I think he'll be supported by our fans if he continues in the job but it won't be the same as it was. 

McClaren was. to a certain extent anyway, when he had one foot out the door to join the Geordies and Leeds.  He stayed for the remainder of his contract, and then left for England.  It happens with players, and managers all the time.  You could even say that at least to his credit he didn't flat out deny it if there is some truth to it.  He had enough integrity not to just lie about it.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He refused to answer because it was a press conference about the match we just lost that may kill our play off hopes. Its an emotional moment. And he didn't give any indication he was interested, just wasn't interested in talking about it. That could be for any number of reasons, not just the one you've plucked out. Same for why we've heard nothing since - any number of reasons. 

Now who's speculating?  You know his mindset do you?  You know why he gave the answer he gave?  You know nothing, you're trying to find a reason that doesn't include the most obvious one cos it makes you feel better. He has been asked more than once, and refused to answer more than once.  He could have said something this week to quieten everything down, and he has clearly chosen not to.  That's three separate opportunities to end the issue completely.  Feel free to go through all of the reasons why he's chosen to take that path.  Try and do it without speculating 🙂

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Now who's speculating?  You know his mindset do you?  You know why he gave the answer he gave?  You know nothing, you're trying to find a reason that doesn't include the most obvious one cos it makes you feel better. He has been asked more than once, and refused to answer more than once.  He could have said something this week to quieten everything down, and he has clearly chosen not to.  That's three separate opportunities to end the issue completely.  Feel free to go through all of the reasons why he's chosen to take that path.  Try and do it without speculating 🙂

I can't because the only fact we have is that odds indicated he was favourite. That's my whole point. And I respect his decision to not respond to silly speculation. You're just very needy methinks

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

It's all conjecture, we can speculate until the cows come home. Unless you're part of the inner sanctum of the club, no one knows.

This. Any speculation I've put in this thread is to balance out the sheer hysteria. Were probably not gonna know the whole truth, we will only know it he stays or goes and I'm fine with that. 

• Like 2

On the face of it and in the eyes of the fans, it appears Wilder hasn't covered himself in glory. It would be a shame for the relationship to be damaged based on conjecture, especially considering we're making big strides forward under him and his team. A good response in tomorrow's press conference should help calm a few people down.

• Like 1

i mean from Wilders point of view, he’s said that he’s manager of Middlesbrough and then shut down a sky reporter saying, ‘you don’t need to ask me’. I find it so strange how people can interpret that so differently. 

I thought that meant he’s staying and was *** off they keep asking, but others think he’s avoiding being direct with a no. Maybe in Chris’ head he thought that is a cast iron no? 

I’ll be honest, I am looking forward to the presser tomorrow where it will be put to bed, one way or another. I think it will be him saying that he’s flattered, thought he was being clear with his answer and he’s not thought about it since Saturday as he’s focussed on Swansea.

We will then lose to Swansea and it will feel like normal again 🥲

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

i mean from Wilders point of view, he’s said that he’s manager of Middlesbrough and then shut down a sky reporter saying, ‘you don’t need to ask me’. I find it so strange how people can interpret that so differently. 

You missed the bit where he said "nobody knows what's around the corner for anything, do they?" between those two things.

That's the line that has people's backs up.

Hopefully tomorrow he comes out and explains it was all a big misunderstanding with the defeat on his mind, but it's just going to linger on if he doesn't, which he probably wouldn't do if there is truth to it.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

You missed the bit where he said "nobody knows what's around the corner for anything, do they?" between those two things.

That's the line that has people's backs up.

Hopefully tomorrow he comes out and explains it was all a big misunderstanding with the defeat on his mind, but it's just going to linger on if he doesn't, which he probably wouldn't do if there is truth to it.

Yeah that’s a fair point I’ve overlooked 😂😂 #WilderOut

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I can't because the only fact we have is that odds indicated he was favourite. That's my whole point. And I respect his decision to not respond to silly speculation. You're just very needy methinks

That's not the only fact though.  It's a fact that he has been asked on more than one occasion, and has yet to give a straight answer to it.  That isn't speculation, it happened.  

Arrogant and now very needy.  Anything else you want to say about me while you're on a roll?

• Haha 1