oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

Odds back out to 6/4 now. Maybe it will peter out.

Personally, I think he’s definitely considered it, whether the other party have or haven’t, but if he decides to stay that’s fine with me. I just hope it’s fine for the other fans and Gibson himself. He never really forgave McClaren after his head was turned did he?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

My head has spun in all kinds of directions on this, I feel like I've somehow gone through all the stages of grief over a bloody football manager as pathetic as that sounds. I've tried playing devil's advocate when talking about it, I've got angry about it, I feel like I've gotten whiplash from where we were at pre-Dyche's Burnley sacking.

But right now, my head is telling me that I would honestly hold a great deal more respect for Wilder if he just answered the question and answered it honestly. If he was in any way interested, tell us. If he wasn't, tell us. Just don't beat about the bush.

There's surely no way that he can feign ignorance or push back any more and expect to retain the consistent support of the fans without a great deal of hard work, to prove that his actions can speak louder than any words he could say. He doesn't have to make this rod for his own back. The club is clearly concerned having put out the article they did via the Gazette so there's no chance in my eyes they haven't said anything to him so he will have to be prepared for this.

Tomorrow is a big day for Wilder and I hope he takes this seriously for all those who sing his name on a Saturday afternoon or I'll be very bloody hesitant about joining in.

• Like 3

I think we all love the drama don’t we. As much as I protested against it, I absolutely loved the super league carry on this time last year, it just made for good TV and discussion. As has this. It’s a nice distraction when you’re at work etc. At the end of the day, I have only ever judged managers by results so if we are on it at the weekend and sneak our way into 6th all will be forgotten with me.

I know I've already made clear that I think bookies odds are largely meaningless, but I'll use it anyway as it's reassuring me this time.

Wilder is no longer odds on, he's slipped to 6/4, still the clear favourite but it's heading in the opposite direction right now.

Wonder how happy the owner is about all this, if it was me the answer would not at all.

I wouldn't want a manager who at the first sniff of another job being available, can't commit to the one he currently has.

I think the club would be better off finding an up and coming manager with something to prove, I'm sure there's plenty in that category in Europe or elsewhere.

People like Paddy Kisnorbo or Tony Popovic I think could do at least as good a job as Wilder.

Haven't seen a lot of Boro but I don't think 3-5-2 works there or for most teams at this level, go to 4 at the back, get some width into the team and move the ball around quicker would be my suggestion.

1 hour ago, Juninho10 said:

Christopher Wilder set to join Burnley on a 2 year contract. Middlesbrough are extremely disappointed but are now putting Mr Scott to work on finding a replacement. Rumours coming out of Rock cliff are saying Steve Evans is close to signing on the dotted line. BLAP.

I love how you've done the honest and decent thing, revealing how NITK you are by referencing Steve Evans. Admins, this melt deserves to stay for that statement alone. Beautiful

1 hour ago, SimonD said:

Can anybody lend me some popcorn for tomorrow morning?

Asking for a friend.

Wouldn't lending it mean that you'd have to return it after use 💩  Err, I think I'll pass if it's all the same 😬

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:
2 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Strangely enough the bookies have us favourites for the Swansea game, but what do they know 😁

Wow

Could well be the craziest thing on this thread.

I believe the press conference is at 9am tomorrow for those asking.

Northern Echo are usually the quickest at getting things published so imagine we will know before 10am (in a nutshell) what he has said.