• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

So, starting to look like he’s used the opportunity to get some assurances about the summer etc.

aye I thought it was a leverage play, thing is we don't know what he's been promised and what's materialised, they could be an underlying issue of something in January not coming off that was the boards fault in his eyes. Based on past managers comments to me that would not be something I would rule out. So he may have used this to get reassurances he will get what he needs after all. 

Burnley never seemed the right fit for me, I think a big part of him coming to us (based on everything he has said in the past about joining and about his previous club) was down to the chairman, as think he didn't like the Sheff Utd board in the end and way they tried to run the club, and to me the way the Burnley board are handling running the club I would tend to lean towards them being type of owners he would probably want to avoid even if he has a good relationship with them at present. All they had going for them was being a few points off safety in premier league, but if they come down even with parachute payments I can't see them spending big unless the owners are going to be desperate to hit the bounce back 1st time running and we got first hand experience how that is hard to do unless ya maintain ya premier league squad, if everyone leaves then the extra money you have is going to be watered down replacing far too many players rather than adding just a few explosive elements to your team. I'd imagine with Dyche gone any players worth a run in the premiership probably will leave as well, he was probably what was going to secure the squads loyalty if they went down and won't feel the same commitment to another manager unless they got contracts for more money than they will get anywhere else so have  to stay

• Like 1

I can best describe my thoughts as this, before "Turfgate" my belief in CW was a 9/10, it dropped gradually to a 3/10 as the week went on.

After that statement this morning its probably a 5.5 maybe 6/10 but life's scars and cynicism won't let me get above that just now and not until after the Summer I suspect. That little niggle won't go away quickly or easily. I'm glad he is staying and I hope it's because he wants to and not because Burnley wouldn't pay the fee SG wanted or anything like that. It does have that slight tinge of McClaren about it for me.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Can we close the thread now? Maybe pin it as a cautionary tale of getting carried away with baseless speculation?

Yes please. Will be useful when he gets linked with the Watford job in a few weeks