oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

Well I started out fully backing him and being gutted at the thought of him leaving. Moved to some disappointment/anger because I genuinely thought there was something in it and didn’t like his evasive answers. But after what he’s said today I’m back all in! I’m sure there’s been something going on but time to move on and refocus. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

On the odds, it's surely quite a small market anyway.

Betting on new managers must be quite a niche at the best of times, let alone for the new manager of one of the smaller clubs in the top flight.

yeah just had a look on betfair one exchange they have like less than 5k of bets matched up which is pittance When ya compare it to the championship matches and its still the day before and looks like alot of the matches have brought in 30k already if a semi popular team is involved, shows how little is actually being taken on it, again these sort of bets are usually limited , although wouldn't think the exchange would stop you placing any liquidity on the exchange that a book makers would refuse, although I can confirm they are not shy at limiting your account if they think you are taking advantage of offers or anything else to their potential loss as had it happen to me lol

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Well I started out fully backing him and being gutted at the thought of him leaving. Moved to some disappointment/anger because I genuinely thought there was something in it and didn’t like his evasive answers. But after what he’s said today I’m back all in! I’m sure there’s been something going on but time to move on and refocus. 

Pretty much my thoughts now but with a slight tinge of scepticism which will probably lessen over time. He should never have put Himself, the Club or the Fans in this position in the first place. Willing to get behind him but the trust element now is slightly chipped if not exactly broken.

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nice to see him acknowledge he went about it the wrong way, at least.

Aye, I think he'll struggle to win over everyone with however he put it today but he has done the basics. He's acknowledged he could have dealt with it better and then said he's committed to us in a pretty straightforward answer. That acknowledgement from him also means that if he ever does this again, we will know the words today mean pretty much nothing.

The cynics among us (and indeed what cynic remains in my own head) will think this answer has been made for him. Gibson will have made it clear where he stands, I've no doubt, and Burnley were almost certainly not willing to get into a fight for him. So it would be either commit to us or leave.

But right now, this is the starting point to a recovery. I can see my way past this now, I know some will undoubtedly be less willing to forgive but at least there is certainty about our own future right now in this moment and it's up to him to prove his own words of commitment to be the truth.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So The Rhino's stampede is over .. 

Could we close this thread, when all the pessimists have had a fair chance to explain why their beds are wet 🙃

Does that include Steve Gibson considering they had to have a meeting?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Because half the fan base had got themselves into a massive flap over it?

People put 2 + 2 together and got 7648

Damn me and my maths got 7486!

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Betting on new managers must be quite a niche at the best of times, let alone for the new manager of one of the smaller clubs in the top flight.

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Indeed, but a tenner here and there does nothing to the odds at all. 

12 hours ago, TheJew said:

My mate who knows people at the club, is adamant Wilder is leaving regardless of Burney!

I think you need to reconsider who you have as mates then!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He's at 6/4 still, after ruling himself out - another illustration of how the odds don't reflect what's actually going on 

If you could lay it on Betfair like you used to be able to it would be amazing lol