oneBoro Forum

I like rhinos

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The doors and the clash references the last 24 hours, beginning to think we're an old folks home of a forum

I certainly feel like I'm getting older much quicker every time I'm on here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God, losing that "e" is a dangerous game......

Posted Images

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I certainly feel like I'm getting older much quicker every time I'm on here.

I deliberately hang around on here with you kids so I can feel younger 😃

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I deliberately hang around on here with you kids so I can feel younger 😃

It won't be long till I can start drinking with the rest of you, 18 years old here we come! You can tell I'm a hip yung'en with my use of emogis 🙉🤠 👀

30 Rock Hello GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Are you saying time is not on your side?

And now the Stones ...  reminds me of the days when people played instruments instead of programming them (way back when NB's dad was a nipper..)    

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

image.png.c52ecf12efafd089d1d0d8194d462519.png  

So to sum it up .

Now we are getting more modern. Is that Shakespeare’s Sister ? 😂

5 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I said I hoped it could be our Charlton moment at the beginning, hopefully that comes to fruition. 

This reminds me of the aftermath of that in a way, with some people insistent that there was nothing in it all, as if a manager gets given the weekend off as a matter of course.  We still got promoted but it sewed the seeds for a disastrous Premier League season, and his own sacking almost exactly one year later.  This isn't as dramatic as that of course.  That was a clear schism, this is just about whether Wilder might have been interested in another opportunity elsewhere.  But for me, I'm hoping that this isn't a Charlton moment, it would be far better if there was nothing in it at all.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Now we are getting more modern. Is that Shakespeare’s Sister ? 😂

as I said to a certain troll,  you better hope and pray that you make it safe back to your own world 🙂

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Rob said:

if we getting better recruitment in summer because of this then feel a week of fuss then bringing everyone back together was probs worth it. Hopefully see the reaction on the pitch and in the terraces to help them on as we needed some sort of kick up the ass

How could we be getting better recruitment from something that had no substance to it in your opinion?  You think that Gibson has somehow been hoodwinked into providing more support to Wilder?  Firstly, I don't think Gibson would give more support on the back of a manager potentially wanting to jump ship.  In fact, I'm as certain about it as I can be.  Gibson gives the support he can give no matter what.  Secondly, there is nothing to it apparently.  Nothing happened, nobody at all suggested to Wilder (more likely his agent) that he was in the running for the Burnley job, and Gibson/the club would know that so there would be no reason to offer Wilder anything.  The meeting this week was clearly just coincidental.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This reminds me of the aftermath of that in a way, with some people insistent that there was nothing in it all, as if a manager gets given the weekend off as a matter of course.  We still got promoted but it sewed the seeds for a disastrous Premier League season, and his own sacking almost exactly one year later.  This isn't as dramatic as that of course.  That was a clear schism, this is just about whether Wilder might have been interested in another opportunity elsewhere.  But for me, I'm hoping that this isn't a Charlton moment, it would be far better if there was nothing in it at all.

Screenshot_20220422-161110_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The cynics among us (and indeed what cynic remains in my own head) will think this answer has been made for him. Gibson will have made it clear where he stands, I've no doubt, and Burnley were almost certainly not willing to get into a fight for him. So it would be either commit to us or leave.

I think Burnley made the decision for him rather than Gibson, although Gibson's response to it might have played a part in Burnley's thinking as well.  Burnley didn't just want Wilder, he was on a shortlist that's all, just one of a handful who they were interested in.  I said yesterday, or maybe Wednesday, that I think that you'll get a very different response today if he knows he is no longer in the running for the job.  Other people have been linked with the Burnley job in the last 24/48 hours or so, coincidentally at the same time as Wilder is having meetings with Gibson.  Today he can give a more definitive answer cos he knows he isn't going anywhere.  Last Friday, last Monday, and earlier in this week he couldn't give that definitive answer so he didn't.  He is all in now but was he all in then?

The only question that needed asking and answering in the press conference really was - did anyone speak to you or an intermediary about the Burnley job? Not did Burnley approach you?  Are you leaving for Burnley?  Anything along those lines can be answered with a negative without lying - Burnley clearly didn't approach him, that's not how it's done these days.  He clearly isn't leaving for Burnley either as we can see.  The first question is a bit harder to dismiss however.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Screenshot_20220422-161110_Chrome.jpg

What's your point?  Somebody else brought Charlton/Karanka into it, not me.  I'm saying I'd rather it wasn't a version of what happened then, not that I'm expecting it to be.  Maybe read what I'm actually writing, and use some of that critical thinking you were talking about earlier, if you're capable of it.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

The doors and the clash references the last 24 hours, beginning to think we're an old folks home of a forum

Our dear departed friend Juninho10 was probably into grime, judging by his 'urban' language, but we kicked him off the forum.

Bloody Gen Z-ers, coming on here, bringing their modern cultural tropes, unable to remember a time when you had to ring the internet to get connected, or a time when you could only troll people through the letters page of the local paper.