Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Just started downloading it now. Looking forward to starting a Boro save

Exactly the same, never normally start with a Boro save but for some reason looking forward to it

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I played any FM game was Championship manager Italia on the Amiga.
I thought I would give FM21 on the Xbox a go earlier this year whilst working from home and thought that starting from the bottom was the way to go.
OMG how much has the game changed since 1995?

It turns out that Im not fit to manage any Northern or Southern league teams and got sacked 5 times in 3 seasons, now no one will touch me and I dont think I want to be humiliated any further.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

God the last management game I played was Championship Manager 4!

I vaguely remember it ate up far too much of my time. Got Fortuna Dusseldorf promoted to the Bundesliga top flight but got sacked when I struggled to get results.

Did okay with Sheffield Wednesday. Tried managing Boro but was only marginally better than Woody.

Feel like having another go though, so may look at FM22.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

God the last management game I played was Championship Manager 4!

I vaguely remember it ate up far too much of my time. Got Fortuna Dusseldorf promoted to the Bundesliga top flight but got sacked when I struggled to get results.

Did okay with Sheffield Wednesday. Tried managing Boro but was only marginally better than Woody.

Feel like having another go though, so may look at FM22.

 

I still play CM4, I've been managing Darlington for about 20 years now. Got them to the Premier League within my first 5 seasons and they're now regular Champions League winners.

Of course, it's easy when you've been playing it so long that you know all the youngsters to sign and tactics to use!

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, JonnyMFC said:

The last time I played any FM game was Championship manager Italia on the Amiga.
I thought I would give FM21 on the Xbox a go earlier this year whilst working from home and thought that starting from the bottom was the way to go.
OMG how much has the game changed since 1995?

It turns out that Im not fit to manage any Northern or Southern league teams and got sacked 5 times in 3 seasons, now no one will touch me and I dont think I want to be humiliated any further.

As some one who plays FM pretty religiously, I'll say it's always better to start as a bigger team for a "test" save where you have slightly less pressure and better players! Get used to the UI & how the game works and all that then go from there 😄

You've got the right idea though, IMO bottom up is the way to go - I usually wait till there's an external database available and go from tier 8-10 up though haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

As some one who plays FM pretty religiously, I'll say it's always better to start as a bigger team for a "test" save where you have slightly less pressure and better players! Get used to the UI & how the game works and all that then go from there 😄

You've got the right idea though, IMO bottom up is the way to go - I usually wait till there's an external database available and go from tier 8-10 up though haha.

Thanks for the advice but I think im done with FM games for now.  Besides if I start getting good I might turn into one of those annoying ppl that go on forums thinking that they can manage clubs better than an actual person that does it for a living 😉😂🤣......
.....Its a bit like saying your a better pilot than Charles Lindbergh because youve played 10,000 hours on Microsoft Flight Simulator!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Anyone playing and having real problems with keeping players happy? I've got a squad of 20 outfield players, I'm in Europe and got to the final of the league cup so absolutely loads of games and I'm constantly rotating, yet 8 outfielders are unhappy with their playing time. It makes zero sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Anyone playing and having real problems with keeping players happy? I've got a squad of 20 outfield players, I'm in Europe and got to the final of the league cup so absolutely loads of games and I'm constantly rotating, yet 8 outfielders are unhappy with their playing time. It makes zero sense. 

They've always struggled with this sadly 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They've always struggled with this sadly 😞

Never had it this bad, normally when you're in Europe and rotate enough it's fine, but 8 out of 20 players, it's not even possible to have that many players not get enough games!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Never had it this bad, normally when you're in Europe and rotate enough it's fine, but 8 out of 20 players, it's not even possible to have that many players not get enough games!

Hmm, I haven't experienced it that bad yet - are those 8 getting at least some game time? Do they have correct squad designations? Not all accidentally listed as star players? haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hmm, I haven't experienced it that bad yet - are those 8 getting at least some game time? Do they have correct squad designations? Not all accidentally listed as star players? haha.

You're probably right with the squad designation thing, that's usually the biggest issue although its quite hard to get players to agree to anything other than first team when negotiating.

Half the time I just let them be unhappy and they usually get over themselves eventually. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Anyone playing and having real problems with keeping players happy? I've got a squad of 20 outfield players, I'm in Europe and got to the final of the league cup so absolutely loads of games and I'm constantly rotating, yet 8 outfielders are unhappy with their playing time. It makes zero sense. 

Any promises? I find them a killer in FM22, and slightly ridiculous. I remove them from all negotiations, or try and renegotiate contracts once I've got them in, then remove the promises, and change their squad status as part of the negotiations.

I always lose it when players get angry with not playing. Get in a right huff and chuck em in the u18s

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • A retired Shay Given gives us 15 more points than a season with Lumley
    • It’s going to be a hard transfer window and I think people may be expecting miracles. If we are to go up automatically we need to find an extra 20 or 18 points, a big, big ask. So the question would be, how much is the club willing to invest for a play off. To get up there we need to be out the blocks quickly and remain consistent and I don’t see that happening bedding in new players. The other question is how many quality players do we need and are they available, more likely, possibly not.  Realistically if we do well in the transfer market I’ll settle for the playoffs. 
    • 2 goals in 26 games in Turkey demonstrates his goal scoring prowess, if this floats your boat  - fair enough. A resource who costs far more than his worth.
    • happy for Sunderland, about time they got out of the third tier. so, thats another to add to the play off hopefulls next year
    • considering the attitude and quickness to fault pick on posts that dont match thier view that a fair few of the more prolific posters on here, have. thats a bold statement and i admire you for stating your opinion, which in all fairness is quite an accurate assessment.  if we get the Ben Gibson of the AK era ,then im not against resigning him but his form at the first half of this recent season was not a patch on that. add to that his wilderness years at burnley and the fee/wages ,well yep im in with the dont sign crowd. hes got most of the boxes ticked and tbh im not bothered wether hes more suited to a flat back four system, we could and most likely would do a lot worse in our choice.of alternatives.  personally i would take a gamble on ryan porteous from hbs , young(23), agressive, leader, brave and good in the air and with the ball on the ground, i say gamble purely because hes had off field issues and fall outs with management.

×
×
  • Create New...